Sun, Oct 6, 12:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: WIP - To continue or not?

drawbridgep ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2004 at 11:00 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 12:27 PM

file_106658.jpg

I'm thinking of making an airport terminal in Bryce. SO here's the first wip. Not sure if I want to continue with this or not. I just need people to make the right noises (or not ;-).

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

judyk ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2004 at 11:03 AM

Noise noise noise... continue, it's fantastic! Very nice modelling, can't wait to see it with some textures.

Incarnadine ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2004 at 11:26 AM

I think it's worth continueing.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

ddruckenmiller ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2004 at 11:33 AM

Irrespective of the actual venue choice, it's bound to be damn intersting.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2004 at 11:37 AM

Yeah I see your point, airport terminals not the most interesting places. The people in them though.... Shame I don't do people. ;-)

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

ddruckenmiller ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2004 at 11:46 AM

( apparently I have challenges with people sometimes too 8P ) But the lighting possibilities alone - fake radiosity, some streaming, all kinds of specular hits so some PS and universe postwork too... (plant life optional) Of course, I haven't been too successful at implementing the above, but I can envision it happening here.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2004 at 11:58 AM

(water under the bridge) Plants in modern open architecture spaces, I think, works really well. Maybe a few palm trees. universe (as Rochr) has shown can do some amazing things. I'm thinking I will continue with this. Gonna have to do some people though :-( Does poser have a "multireplicate, but make different sexes, ages, races, poses and clothing and randomly place in a scene" function? Shame.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

ddruckenmiller ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2004 at 12:08 PM

What about handling certain group elements as a unit - a combination or convergence of the Flak/Seige 2D plane and Roobol pic matted lattice techniques. Might work as long as the environment is the main character and the people play a supporting role... ?

drawbridgep ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2004 at 12:13 PM

Okay, I was with you up 'till "What about"

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

derjimi ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2004 at 12:14 PM

Definately continue! J.

ddruckenmiller ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2004 at 2:43 PM

RE: What about - The space is the star here, the people are just window dressing so my thought is that instead of knocking up the poser figures you might be able to substitute 2d pics of groups of people to simulate the press of flesh like Flak did with the undead army in Seige, and/or that you use symmetrical lattices matted with pics the way Roobol does for his characters (and I did for the hummingbird in 'Heirloom Beauties with an unlikely visitor')

drawbridgep ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2004 at 3:18 PM

file_106659.jpg

OK, missing post. :-( Here it is again. AH, I understand you now. Good idea. Certainly worth a go. I'll have a go when I finish the building. Working on air con and lighting now....

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Ang25 ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2004 at 4:22 PM

Ok this is looking really cool. Keep it going! Got a question for all you people out there that do these detailed type models...Do you use reference pics or do it out of your head? I mean I've been lots of places (especially gymnasiums) and noticed all those things up above, but I couldn't for the life of me sit in front of my pc and remember what any of it looks like out of my head. Just a curiousity, and maybe a reason why I haven't done anything complicated, lol.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2004 at 4:31 PM

I'm not using a reference for this one. To be honest I did a search for airport terminals, but couldn't find anything good to copy. So decided to make it up. I don't know if you saw the swimming pool I did a few days (and months) back? Now that WAS based on a real pool house.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Flak ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2004 at 7:48 PM

Hmm, I like it. Please keep going on it. Poser doesn't have a "make crowd" button (and oh do I wish it did), though you could go looking in the marketplace for things like crowd generators or something (I think there's one but not sure how it works). Dressing up a crowd of modern people in poser would be a right pain in the A because of all the variety in clothing colors and types, though, you could try using the lo-res poser figures whose clothes are just a texture (and not real conforming clothes) to speed things up. I'd give the "roobol" method a go and see how it looks. Or you could do an airport at night sort of scene when there's not too many people there - just need a few cleaners and the odd businessman. The night scene would also let you display the architecture a lot better than if you filled it up with people too. ddruckenmiller - Every figure in Siege was a 3d mesh (no 2d - couldn't get the lighting to work right on 2d figures). The 2d part came after all the 3d had been rendered and involved compositing the 2d renders together (just clarifying).

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

Slakker ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2004 at 7:54 PM

Very very beautiful modelling... drools

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2004 at 9:03 PM
Forum Moderator

Great modeling! Are you going to add planes outside?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2004 at 10:01 PM

there's a utility from Bantam software that reportedly makes 'flocks' of objects, and I've seen something in the Marketplace that makes crowds..tho I don't remember the name..:|
looks pretty good..you can always use it for something else..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

drawbridgep ( ) posted Thu, 22 April 2004 at 1:48 AM

@The Bryster - Maybe a 2d plane outside. Ha ha ha I'm so funny. OK, I'll get my coat. @pakled - Oohh that's interesting, I feel a search coming on. @Flak - night time is good. might get interesting reflection against the window with a dark sky outside. OK guys. Lots to do.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

kaom ( ) posted Thu, 22 April 2004 at 2:47 AM

I really like this, kkep working on it, and you'll be glad, I love architecture in Bryce. Nice work..

drawbridgep ( ) posted Thu, 22 April 2004 at 6:08 AM

Attached Link: Terminal Movie

New plan. I'm now thinking that to show it off I'm gonna have to crack open Bryces animation studio. Here's a 1.1meg second clip. Be nice to actually have the animation walking through the terminal and up the staircase. I get the feeling this could take me some time.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

drawbridgep ( ) posted Thu, 22 April 2004 at 6:10 AM

THat should be 4 second clip, not second. ooops

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 22 April 2004 at 7:29 AM
Forum Moderator

DB: AIRPLANES......don't call us, we'll call you.....

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

ddruckenmiller ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2004 at 8:22 AM

Never could open up the animation... can you make it available so it can be gotten with a 'save as'?

drawbridgephoto ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2004 at 8:39 AM

It is a direct link to the MPG file. Strange that it's not working. Seems OK to me, but whatever. Try saving and if it puts HTM ext, then rename once it's downloaded to a MPG.

Phil

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.