Mon, Oct 7, 6:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Contest Announcements

Welcome to the Contest Announcements Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic, msansing Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Contest Announcements F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:54 pm)

Subject: VistaPro Postcard Contest

roninthetall ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2004 at 5:40 PM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 7:31 AM

Attached Link: VistaPro Postcard Contest

Each month thousands of promotional postcards are shipped from VendorNation in support of VistaPro Renderer. We thought we would hold this contest in order to share some of your awesome community renderings on these mailings and give our art team a much needed break. Joining the contest is easy to do. Just upload a 800x600 copy of your favorite renderings to our community web site and, at the end of each month, our art staff will pick one new rendering to be shared on the next months postcard mailings!

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2004 at 8:59 PM

Basically, you are trying to get a selection of free artwork. The only thing the winning artist gets is having his work used by you. :roll eyes: Contests are by nature problematical, this one more so than most. For one thing, you fail to clarify a single copyright issue. Do you really expect people to buy your program, spend hours rendering, and then hand over their art free and clear to you for cherry-picking? Carolly

roninthetall ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2004 at 11:10 PM

Attached Link: Ah... the shades people see...

Hey Carolly,

hehehe... well, I can certainly see how some one who is not familiar with our community, company, or development team could view the PostCard contest like this.

:Shrug:

However, I will admit, and I think I stated pretty clearly in the web site, that this was to give our art team a break. So, in that effect, you are partially right. A very small part. But, I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

Fact is, there are quite a few people in this world that like to see their names in print and their artwork shared with thousands of people. We saw an opportunity to build on VistaPros' long history of customer involvement and we are taking it.

But, I can honor you not desiring to share.

:Shrug:

As for the copyright issues, if you had read further in the site, you would have seen that we do not assume any copyright on any of the artwork that is posted there. It is all retained by the artists.

When we find an artist we think has some really cool artwork to share, then we email them an ASK for permission. If they say no, then that is just fine. See, it is an honor system. Something our company values; honor.

As for people rendering and submitting art, VistaPro has a long and rich history of using art developed by our customers. We believe it is the best way to showcase the software. With real people sharing their work and not glamming up the product with slick marketing artists ;)

Now, I am sure you can take this all as self serving clap trap. I can't really help that. All I can say is that we are not spinning, or slicking up, anything here. We are just a group of developers in love with our software and looking to share all aspects of it with our community.

:Smile:

Believe it or not.

roninthetall ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2004 at 11:43 PM

.. oh, and NO we don't expect people to buy VistaPro just to enter the contest.. that would be as dumb as the suggestion itself. This is for users that already have the full version, who will spend very little time rendering because they have been using it for years and years and know how to use the program, and then get their name out to thousands of people. And who knows, maybe one of those thousands of people is looking for a 3D artist to create some really cool 3D landscapes for an important contract they are working on. It's not like we are going to be selling prints of the winner's renderings and making millions of dollars. We are just sending out a fricken postcard! Sheesh! -Nio (using Ronin's login)

DragonWizard ( ) posted Tue, 27 April 2004 at 6:09 AM

Seems a little on the sarcastic side...I understand your frustration but don't you think just maybe you could do it with out the shrugs and trying to belittle someone who is showing concern...We should try to play nice...and be professional in your replies...I'll probably get blasted for this but i honestly just want to see everyone get along...maybe he just honestly missed part or got hooked by someone before....anyway, good luck with your postcard stuff....DW

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.