Sat, Oct 5, 6:16 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 5:47 am)

Subject: leadnut/bloodsong: hmmmm...

lmacken ( ) posted Tue, 03 October 2000 at 10:11 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 6:13 AM

file_134645.JPG

Poser Render, post in Graphics Converter (256 grays), staight out of DXF with Weld identical vertexes off. With Weld identical vertexes on it's as you say.

lmacken ( ) posted Tue, 03 October 2000 at 10:13 PM

First time I've ever done that. Cool.

Scarab ( ) posted Wed, 04 October 2000 at 12:47 AM

Ummmmm....OK.....I'm lost here Scarab

bloodsong ( ) posted Wed, 04 October 2000 at 9:45 AM

hey, who you callin' a leadnut? oh, leadnut, i guess. :) there are ways to cheat the poser smoothing thingy. it involves things like this -- no welding, or assigning different materials to the things at each edge, or other weird things. still, you make a morph that looks like this, it won't stay sharp-edged. :)

lmacken ( ) posted Wed, 04 October 2000 at 11:29 AM

Scarab: This is about me not wanting to post an image in a reply, to their earlier thread 'rendering the flat mode?/crystal?'...and the first time I've posted my work here. bloodsong: Sure, it's a trick, but when you said '...Poser smooths EVERYTHING...' I couldn't resist. Also I was secrectly hoping someone would say, "Geodesic domes! I love geodesic domes."

Scarab ( ) posted Wed, 04 October 2000 at 11:48 AM

Oh.....ahem..... GEODESIC DOMES!...I LOVE GEODESIC DOMES....!! Scarab<-always happy to help

lmacken ( ) posted Wed, 04 October 2000 at 6:43 PM

omigod...ME TOO! On topic: That was modelled in Dome 4.6 and MeshWork; which fall into bloodsong's category '...other weird things.'

bloodsong ( ) posted Thu, 05 October 2000 at 9:55 AM

oh... i thought it was just one of kai's 'uber-buckies.' ;D

lmacken ( ) posted Thu, 05 October 2000 at 2:35 PM

Now it's my turn to be perplexed; what is an 'uber-bucky'? And where can I get one?

bloodsong ( ) posted Thu, 05 October 2000 at 7:27 PM

heyas; well, in bryce... there's these extra mesh primitives. basically, they're spheres with very low poly counts, so you can see the facets -- kinda like a dodecahedron. anyway, after he ran outta duododecahedron fancy names, kai apparently called them buckies, and the one with lotsa faces was an uber-bucky. :🤷: IS there a difference between a geodesic dome and a low-polygon sphere? :)

lmacken ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2000 at 4:39 PM

Thanks for asking. One difference is that a dome is an incomplete (truncated) sphere. 'Geodesic' implies that the sphere's polygons are generated by successive subdivisions of the faces of an icosahedron, dodecahedron or tetrahedron. Triangular faces can be grouped into diamonds, or hexes and pents (think soccer ball). Geodesics would be a subset of low-polygon spheres. It's been a while since I've seen Bryce, but IIRC those are (octahedral) geodesic spheres. Dome 4.6 can generate a wide variety of geodesics. If your interested, it's available at http://www.cris.com/~rjbono/html/domes.html

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.