Mon, Oct 7, 4:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 07 9:52 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: The OT forum has been closed down

BDC ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 3:18 PM

"86. Re: The OT forum has been closed down by kawecki on 5/10/04 12:48 Before this post is locked or deleted: Stupid and ignorant religious fanatics that try to call themselves as "Christians" cannot tolerate FREEDOM, you must be a stupid and ignorant sheep following your stupid and ignorant Pastor, nothing more!" For those who are here obviously wondering why the ot forum is closed now, I suspect it had everything to do with posts such as this one. Some people thought it was ok, to make clear attacks on anyone who believes in a certain faith, or religion, such as the one above, and then wanted to run around claiming how unfair they are being treated because they simply disagree with the religion or any religion of any kind. And then got banned. To that I would point out, that interestingly enough I have yet to see anyone of the Christians who come here, calling any of the athiests, any kind of names such as the above qouted post does. So if some of you want to lay some blame on anyone, for the OT's closure, I suggest you point the finger sqaurely at those who made posts such as the one I have qouted above. Some wanted too make posts such as the one qouted above and then claim, "its just my opinion" or, "I just disagree with any kind of religion." or some other excuse for it. Well the above qouted post is NOT disagreement, its name calling. Period. As not only myself, but several other members, have tried to point out to some, repeatedly, you can disagree with a person's religous views, all day long till the cows come home, we all have that right. YOU DO NOT however have the right to insult an entire religion by calling it, and its members names such as the above qouted post does.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act" ~George Orwell

Brendan ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 3:35 PM

...thats right Mr BDC, it might be that *Christians like the imfamous TalmidBen and his like were posting their hatefull filth before you arrived here?, I for one rember the stuff they said about unbelievers and it was not very polite! I see that you deleted the previous version of you message, you must have noticed the sandy ground it was built on and decided to shift on to something more stony but not quite a rock. Very best wishes. Brendan.

jchimim ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 3:40 PM

"For those who are here obviously wondering why the ot forum is closed now, I suspect it had everything to do with posts such as this one." Closing the forum was a decision by the site owners, and well within their rights. Whether or not it was due to (non)religios threads, political threads, cat threads, or whatever, doesn't matter. What should matter is taking something from an entire group of folks because of the actions of a few. Some people drive drunk, should the government ban booze? Some people commit murder, should the government ban firearms? Some Muslims are terrorists, should the world exterminate Muslims? Some dogs attack people, should we ban dogs? (Only an idiot would answer "yes" to any of these questions.)

IndigoSplash ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 3:42 PM

"Some people thought it was ok, to make clear attacks on anyone who believes in a certain faith, or religion, such as the one above, and then wanted to run around claiming how unfair they are being treated because they simply disagree with the religion or any religion of any kind. And then got banned." What I saw were two people who didn't know enough to walk away from beating a dead horse. Neither of whom practiced what they preached. And when they couldn't reason with the unreasonable they escalated to pointless ugliness. Ignore offensive people and they eventually disappear. Their opinions shouldn't matter enough to respond to.

Barbarellany ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 3:59 PM

BDC, to be fair, you are pointing out one post where YOU is used, making it an obvious personal attack. (jettboy, you didn't help here). The mods can deal with a member for such attacks, that is there job. What is not apparent is that any implication of disaggreement or complaint about some so called christian behaviors VS claiming christianity as a free pass. Saying I am offended that you think the Bible wasn't written by the hand of God does not mean that thinking the Bible was not written by the hand of God and saying so is a personal attack. This is the truth of what was really going on in OT for the most part. This is why closing the forum has upset so many and why they can't understand where the TOS violation of personal attack was so violated the forum had to be closed. You would think there had been a virtual riot. I am not saying that you responded in such a way at OT, but comments like the one you cited were were much more clear than the type I am citing.

kawecki ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 4:05 PM

I don't care about insults or personal attacks, but what BDC posted about me is a violation of the TOS and a difamatory action against me`, because people are not able to read the OT's posts anymore. BDC, tell me which religion I have attacked, Catholics, Luterans, Anglicans, Baptist, Mormons, Pentecostals, Methodists, Armenians, Syrians, etc, etc, etc??? I have only attacked any religion or members that fit the definition "stupid, ignorant and religious fanatics" I don't want any post deleted, locked or member punished due to this BDC's TOS violation!

Stupidity also evolves!

Allen9 ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 4:06 PM

Well - as has been posted above there are at least 3 new locations for us to discuss OT matters. (new yahoo site, PP's chicken coop, Rendervisions OT) See you there.

calzgal ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 4:13 PM

This thread isn't locked yet? Dear God! Where are the authorities when you need them most? Anyone enjoying the irony of this OT thread about the removal of the OT forum while OT slander neeners are filling it up!?!? I know I am. LOCK THE THREAD LOCK THE THREAD LOCK THE THREAD!! 8P

Brendan ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 4:29 PM

"LOCK THE THREAD LOCK THE THREAD LOCK THE THREAD!!" ....sometime soon I expect...we are just being allowed a swansong before the whole thing snuffs it.... ..ah dee-doo, ah dee-doo dah day, ah dee doo, ah dee day dee...

Barbarellany ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 4:32 PM

You know what, this is a waste of time. Obviously some people only wait to yell lock the thread rather then question why the PTB have never clearly answered a simple question that they have been asked again and again, here and at OT. 86 posts before impatience set in. Yeah, those OT people must be rabid dogs that need to be destroyed. wait, is that a violation of TOS? I guess you win.

Spike ( ) posted Mon, 10 May 2004 at 4:42 PM

As some have proved above, I had to lock this thread down as well. It always starts off as a simple debate and turns into a attack fest. That is why the OT forum was closed. Nothing more, nothing less.

You can't call it work if you love it... Zen Tambour

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.