Tue, Oct 8, 1:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Modeling

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 9:36 pm)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the
MarketPlace Wishing Well, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: some low poly modeling practice

Poisen ( ) posted Tue, 11 May 2004 at 6:00 PM · edited Tue, 08 October 2024 at 1:44 AM

file_108932.jpg

i know this forum isnt the most active but i thought i would post this anyways. :) ive been trying to get better at low poly modeling,starting with a low poly Zbrush zif to just rough in the form,"a few hundred polys" after exporting the zif out to max and doing alot of beveling and extruding, i came up with this little guy at 6702 polys, and i didnt think that was to bad. that got me wondering, what is the general rule of thumb these days on game type low poly models? C&C welcome.

Poisen ( ) posted Tue, 11 May 2004 at 6:01 PM

file_108933.jpg

wire

PowerRoy ( ) posted Wed, 12 May 2004 at 8:21 AM

That is COOL! -- Great lookin' creature! << i know this forum isnt the most active but i thought i would post this anyways. >> And thanks for doin' that! I check in here most days, and while it sometimes ain't real active, I've learned a lot, and been inspired a lot, by seeing other people's modeling techniques and approaches. Your mechanical spider is a GREAT inspiration! I'd love to see an animation of this gizmo! As for your low-poly modeling question -- sorry, I have no idea what works for game programs these days. I'm more into animation for film and video, so poly count doesn't concern me so much. But judging by your wireframe render, you've done a great job of making every poly count -- and I'm sure you worked hard to achieve that. Great job, man ... maybe someone else can answer that question for you. I'm just enjoying your obvious design and modeling skills -- fantastic job! Thanx for sharing :-) --Roy

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 12 May 2004 at 9:16 AM

Attached Link: http://www,wings3d.com

I think there's a program called Milkshape, that allows you to create game characters..it's out on the web. If you want *real* low poly modeling, try this..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

texmextortilla ( ) posted Wed, 12 May 2004 at 6:52 PM

I think that games now use polycounts around the level that you have right now, or less depending on how much is implemented in the background as far as physics, interfaces, AI, etc.

narcissus ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2004 at 3:59 AM

Lo poly high quality! great modelling! Fine details!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.