Fri, Sep 27, 6:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 27 5:34 pm)

Subject: Freebie: Demonoid (fully posable standalone creature with extras) :)

Fatale ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 4:12 AM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 10:53 AM

file_109873.jpg

Freebie: Demonoid (fully posable standalone creature with extras) :)

This is my learning-creature, I learnt how to model from scratch, uvmap, texture, rig joints for posing, conform clothing items, package up for runtime install, create thumbnails, etc. Needless to say, this creature's old.. started work on her about a year ago. Some people at Sixus1 would be familiar with this cos I posted alot of WIPs at the forum there, and the ppl I know on irc would've already gotten earlier beta versions.

I know she's not perfect, but I made her with much (newbie) care and I'm kinda proud of her as my first poser baby lol I was pondering selling her, but naaah.. I have a silly personal policy of not selling my learning-creatures cos they have too many covered-up flaws.

Was cleaning out my HDD and found this poor thing sitting abandoned in my archive folders, so I thought whaddaheck, I might as well share it with you ppl if you think she's going to be of use in any of your renders :)

You can download her from my homepage. Just scroll all the way down to the bottom to the "Downloads" section. I'll be uploading to the freebie section later on.

There're 3 versions (p4, pp, and p5 .. p5 looks abit whacked cos I still have no idea how to save material settings properly lol), creature and conforming wraps, hand poses, 9 full body poses (thanks to Kai), all textures shown are provided, together with camera and lights, tail is easyposed too, approx 2.6megs in file size.

Further info provided in the Demonoid_Readme.txt

Have fun :)

Best regards,
Dru

Kai- ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 4:18 AM

file_109874.jpg

heres one i made earlier :P

Fatale ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 4:21 AM

file_109875.jpg

and this is my fav from the poses you made, aww :P

TygerCub ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 4:31 AM

What a wonderful gift! Thank you for sharing.

nukem ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 4:44 AM

Outstanding! Thanks for the wonderful freebie!

Phantast ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 4:44 AM

Superb! This will be useful! Many thanks.

msg24_7 ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 4:47 AM

Awesome.... Thanks :-)

Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.

Ajax ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 5:00 AM
narcissus ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 5:00 AM

It looks fantastic!Can't wait to try it! Thank you very much for your generosity! pitklad

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 5:23 AM

Oh wow this is awesome! What a nice "learning creature" - I wish I could do only half of that!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

cwshorty ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 6:27 AM

WOW!! She looks amazing, thanks so much for such a wonderful gift.

ford3auss ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 6:48 AM

Dam Thank you, this is so good.

Redfern ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 8:17 AM

This is a "learning" figure?! And you're distributing it freely??!!! Merciful Mogg! From the images you've posted, I dare say there are several items being sold with less craftmanship! I can see this figure being used as an alien species in "hard" sci-fi renders, a Lovecraftian herald of the Great Old Ones, or even the misunderstood "monster" in a realm of magic. It screams versatility! I can't wait to use it in a "Doctor Who" scene or two! Sincerely, Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 8:19 AM

She will go great with the sci-fi gargoyle!! Thanks so much you are really generous. Marque

shazz501 ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 8:32 AM

WOW thank you for sharing,she looks great!!! very unique,i like her :D

DrunkMonkey ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 8:33 AM

Very cool! Thanks!

SpiceBunny ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 8:47 AM

ohhh. i love this. lol. thanks :) fatale!

SnowSultan ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 8:57 AM

Looks awesome, thanks so much for sharing! If this is your first full figure, I think we're all looking forward to seeing what you make next! :) SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

xoconostle ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 9:14 AM

Ooooh, she's pretty! Thank you very much, that's a very stylish beast.

tonymouse ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 9:46 AM

Very very cool, I'll put her to good use. I hope she dosn't mind living under the stairs.

elgyfu ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 9:54 AM

She is fantastic! Thanks so much, I promise I will give her a good home!

Fredy ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 10:12 AM

WOW! This Demonoid looks excellent! Very generous of you! thank you!

sixus1 ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 10:16 AM

I like :)

movida ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 10:18 AM

very classy, thank you

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 10:50 AM

right neighborly of ya..;) thanks.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

raven ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 11:04 AM

Cool! Reminds me of Nemesis the Warlock from 2000AD comic.

JVRenderer ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 11:33 AM

wow, awesome characters! Thank you Fatale!

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

Ardiva ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 11:50 AM

Thank you so much. Will go and play now. :)

saxon ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 12:12 PM

How generous of you, thank you. Diolch yn fawr!

FlyByNight ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 12:25 PM

I can't add anything that hasn't already been said about this fabulous creature except thank you!

FlyByNight

tonymouse ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 12:31 PM

Well if this thread is any indicator, you are not only appreciated but I think you will see quite a bit of her around the gallery's (myself included, just as soon as I set up some male morphs to go with her, not that she is unmistakably female. I just like to have options ;) Hope you don't mind. This is so cool. Tony

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 12:49 PM

Cool beans! I can't wait to use this in a render. All of your hard work and generosity are definitely appreciated. PBM

philebus ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 12:51 PM

This is stunning - many thanks to you. I look forward to seeing more like this in the store.

Fatale ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 1:16 PM

Wow, blush! I'm stunned by the many replies in this thread. It's real nice to know I'm not the only one around who likes these kind of weirdly designed creatures lol Tony: Sure, go ahead :) You'll find her meshwork is quite messy tho lol I didnt really know what I was doing when I did her. Took me several months to tweak her around bit by bit to make up for the bad mesh. Btw, anybody interested in making any add-ons for her, feel free to do so. You can host and re-distribute the Demonoid's zip from your own site as long as everything in it is intact and none of the files are changed. Happy rendering :) Dru

d-larsen ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 2:46 PM

Well, I'm no expert but I'm having trouble finding any flaws so far. Considering some of the junk I've bought before, I would honestly say this is one of the best models I've worked with so far! Thanks so much for sharing! Dale

texmextortilla ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 2:53 PM

Awesome. I bow down to your greatness.

bnetta ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 3:01 PM

well its not really something i would use right now... but i've seen lots of stuff out there.... and this really does look fantastic!!! much better than some i've seen for sale!lol so i will be keeping track of your next creations for sure!! hmmmmmm.........(Da*n!) i may have to come up with an idea to use this!! it does look so good... keep em coming netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

bnetta ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 3:03 PM

ooooooo i just posted and went back to look at the first pic again and am off to get it!! i'll be putting dragon wings on it!!! thanks netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 4:23 PM

Got an idea based on the hand on nose pose :-)

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 4:42 PM

thank you

sirkrite ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 6:38 PM

Very cool! Thank you so much Fatale. :)

Cylithera ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2004 at 7:45 PM

Absolutely cool!! Wonderful job, Fatale! Congrats! :D :D

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2004 at 1:21 AM

file_109877.jpg

Ok, here's the pic I said I had the idea on :-)

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

Neyjour ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2004 at 4:19 AM

Wow! What a wonderful creature! Thank you SO much! Can't wait to use her! :D Ney

"You don't know what we can see
Why don't you tell your dreams to me
Fantasy will set you free." - Steppenwolf

hauksdottir ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2004 at 7:16 AM

What a wonderful way to learn! Thank you for sharing her with us.

dv8_fx ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2004 at 10:53 AM

Oh WOWOWOW........ If this is learning, your outstanding!!! Thanks for this gift.

Thorn ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2004 at 12:44 PM

NICE. Thank you!

Beady ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2004 at 1:14 PM

Many, many thanks

Mercytoo ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2004 at 2:22 PM

Oh wow, this is wonderful! I think you did an amazing job. Thank you for your generosity!

OddDitty ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2004 at 2:24 PM

Oh, utterly stupendous! Thank you!!! Thank you!!!

brycetech ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2004 at 10:13 PM

very unique..and quite cool! excellent "learning" creature...and of course we all thank you (and hope to see lots more) :) BT

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.