Fri, Jul 12, 3:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 11 1:35 pm)

Subject: THE Alien Queen freebie...

sixus1 ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 1:29 AM ยท edited Sat, 22 June 2024 at 4:06 AM

Attached Link: Info and Download

file_113444.jpg

Antares (Franz Munz)a self-taught modeler has spent over 300 hours creating the Alien Queen in Blender.

We thank Antares for sharing with the Poser community such a beautiful model.

To prepare the model for Poser, Les:
1.) Subdivided the head and sculted minor details to the lips
2.) reworked UVs
3.) attached limbs to torso
4.) added inner mouth to the mesh
5.) Rigged--regular set up and IK for the legs, both sets of arms and the tail; EasyPose for the tail
6.) morphs for the head and inner mouth
7.) hand painted textures

Also included are 5 MAT poses and 5 Poses.

Be forewarned, She is a monster, and quite large on the poly count...about 211k.

Enjoy!!
Rebekah

Message edited on: 06/20/2004 01:30

sixus1 ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 1:32 AM

file_113445.jpg

Kiss me Baby!

OneShot ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 1:55 AM

Thanks Antares and Sixus1.

Realmling ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 2:06 AM

/speechless W..O..W... That is truly amazing...Thank yous!

Crazy alien chick FTW! (yeah....right....)

Realm of Savage - Poser goodies and so much more!

~~

Routledge ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 2:17 AM

Thank you, to all involved. It looks excellent.

Skidlicious ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 3:05 AM

Oh my god! I think I just nutted! SHe's gorgeous! Her teeth should be translucent whiteish tho but I ain't bitchin'. I am in the midst of making an AvP online comic. There's a part at the end which calls for a queen mind if I use yours? COmpletely non profit any procedes go to the Canadian Cancer Society.

sig.jpg

spedler ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 5:44 AM

Fantastic model. Many thanks indeed.

Steve

movida ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 6:53 AM

Thank you very much

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 6:54 AM

Oh my god! Seconded. Beautiful work ... clearly a labour of love. And just in time for the new movie and video release, which in my opinion can't get here soon enough.

PaulBohne ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 7:59 AM

HEAVEN AND HELL!!!!!
I am afraid to get this monster alive on my little engine....

dfsmetsfan ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 9:11 AM ยท edited Sun, 20 June 2004 at 9:11 AM

Soooooo kewl. Thank you so much!

Message edited on: 06/20/2004 09:11

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 9:40 AM

that is great thank you, now numanoid`s powerloader can be used properly!

sixus1 ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 10:49 AM

file_113446.jpg

Just to show a slightly different look for her, here is an example using one of the Poser 5 Mat poses we'll be making available later today. This particular material setting uses combinations of anisotropic and glossy nodes to create the wet sheen, plus a light amount of raytracing over most of the surface to simulate the faint reflectiveness of a thin layer of wetness. Also, this one shows the base textures, since they are grayscale, added very lightly into the displacement and bump channels. The shot is rendered in Firefly, with smoothing turned on to allow the displacement to "fatten" things up a bit, giving a slightly more fleshy feel to the lips and gums. At least, that's the goal anyway. :) -Les

Byrdie ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 11:36 AM

Awesome! Off to get the beastie right now. Thanks very much, Antares & sixus. Your hard work is greatly appreciated. (Still can't believe she's free, though, gotta be a misprint.)

SpiceBunny ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 11:37 AM

oh she looks gorgeous .... lol. thanks for sharing :)

sixus1 ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 11:46 AM

thanks. FYI: she's free because to try to sell it would be just damn wrong:) Credit for originating the creature goes to Cameron and Giger and all the good folks who worked so hard to bring us the Aliens movies, comics, games, etc. -Les

Byrdie ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 11:49 AM

::bows:: We're not worthy! We're not worthy!

sixus1 ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 11:56 AM

Well, don't think for one second I wouldn't damn near trade off a body part or two for liscensing rights to sell this puppy!!! But without proper persmissions and liscening, well, fan art it is. Besides, the hoops you have to jump through when dealing with liscening on major franchises can be astounding....

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 1:59 PM

Totally awesome work and just what I've always wanted. Thank you all. 8)

Kai- ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 2:08 PM ยท edited Sun, 20 June 2004 at 2:09 PM

the model looks veeeery nice and looks veeeery close to the alien, however the texture, from the screenies shown here, look a tad "grainy" like shes got a dandruff problem :P i dont know if its just me or my monitor or what, think ill give the queenie a whirl and check her out myself

Message edited on: 06/20/2004 14:09

Kristta ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 2:31 PM

WOW SHE IS BEAUTIFUL. I'm definitely going to download this one. Kristta

sixus1 ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 2:41 PM

The image shown above is using a lot of specularity...Les likes that look. Remember, YOU can always adjust/change your material settings. :) With that said, have fun. Rebekah

Kai- ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 3:19 PM

file_113447.jpg

just did this quick lil pic for testing, quite nice, tho the alien queen is a tad heavy on my comp, using pro pack not p5.. my gf has told me too many horror storys about it to kinda put me off lol, gonna play around with the alien some more, tho i think im scaring poor lil podling here.. :P

Fatale ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 3:29 PM

file_113448.jpg

Many thanks for this freebie.. it's more than awesome!!! the modelling details are mindblowingly coooool!!! *worships you creature-creating masters* Thank you Antares, Les and Rebekah! I'll need a better graphic card to render anything else in the scene, but I cant help making a render.. I cant even decide which angle to render.. looks so fantastic in all angles lol! .. oh and I declare innocence of telling any p5 horror stories :

sixus1 ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 3:35 PM

Oh yeah, she is a little heavy in the polycount, Franz modeled in lots and lots of detail...but it wasn't modeled originally for use with Poser. I have found that once she loads in....it isn't too bad. And have mentioned the rig was a nightmare...so you better use her, I had an eye twitch for two days over this thing ;) mmmm...podling....looks yummy ;p

sixus1 ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 3:39 PM

Cross-posted. Waives Hello to Fatale Oh, the only thing that I forgot add to the readme, which I should do now....don't move the head from neck4...use the head or any of the other pieces...I should have locked it off. The head is a closed mesh....that way you can hide the rest of her body and do AlienQueen head trophy shot if you would like. Rebekah

Skidlicious ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 3:40 PM ยท edited Sun, 20 June 2004 at 3:50 PM

I gotta say it again.

F***in' WOW dude!

E V S

Message edited on: 06/20/2004 15:50

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 3:50 PM

skidilicious try switching genitals on if they are off or off if they are on and the predator figure should work. Someone else had this problem recently and I told them how to fix it then too.

numanoid ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 9:24 PM

Thank you very much. If anyone needs any of the Alien props just go to Vanishingpoint for the Dropship, Powerloader, APC, Marines Rifle, Smartgun, Sulaco, etc. I have almost finished the entire colonist complex including the landing field, stormwalls, housing, atmosphere processor, etc. The Nostromo should be finished soon as well. And the Ripley character file. We almost have everything to make our own Alien movie now. Thanks again.

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 10:04 PM

Has someone done a morphing poseable alien egg?

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

numanoid ( ) posted Sun, 20 June 2004 at 10:52 PM

Um, yes. Do go to Vanishingpoint and check through the Alien stuff there. The Alien egg is actually very well done.

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 12:03 AM

Now all that is needed is a grunt uniform. A freebie soldier suit from aliens...

numanoid ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 12:09 AM

I am currently using the MOS outfit from DAZ. With a few modifications and a bit of additions it is very close to the Alien Marine uniform. But a freebie set would be nice. Thanks for offering to make one Xantor. We really appreciate it. Will it be ready by Friday? Lol.

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 12:22 AM

"Hello numanoid" said xantor with a sneer. If you watch seinfeld then you will understand the above joke. If I make the alien marine uniform, it will be a hideous mess, I still havent got the hang of making conforming clothes though I can make figures.

numanoid ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 12:47 AM

Well, if anyone is interested, there is a mesh of the Narcisus at: http://www.lwg3d.com I got permission to convert it for Poser, and we will host it at Vanishingpoint if someone does the conversion, but I couldn't do it. Some of the normals are messed and I don't have the time to do it now, too busy with commercial work. So, who's up for a challenge???? Xantor???????

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 21 June 2004 at 2:39 AM

I downloaded the narcissus, I will try converting it, does it have any moving parts? The main problem I see is converting the lightwave object. Version 6 and 7 lightwave objects are a pain to convert. I will need to find my old crappy taped off the tv aliens film to see pictures of the narcissus in action. I do remember that it is the escape pod from the sulaco. I can ( probably ) make the moving parts work in the narcissus I already was near finished converting the apc with rotating gun turrets working wheels and opening doors when the numanoid version came out. (I am sure the numanoid apc was better I had some problems converting it Including having a tough time getting the exact centre of the wheels so they didnt rotate like a clowns car)

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 22 June 2004 at 2:41 AM

I had a look at the narcissus and it is huge. I tried exporting it from lightwave 7 as a wavefront object and it crashed the modeller (you dont see that everyday). The narcissus is more than 11 megabytes as a wavefront object and I dont really see the point of converting it to poser as it would really just be a huge static prop.

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 22 June 2004 at 8:02 AM

I downsized the mesh using quemloss, and got it from 162,000 polys, down to 25,000 with little visible loss of detail. I also managed to cut the alien queen mesh down about 50% of it's poly count as well. the exported file size of the nercissus lite is 818 kb.

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 22 June 2004 at 8:08 AM

Gareee what is quemloss and where could I get it? Maybe you could make the poser conversion of the narcissus?

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 22 June 2004 at 8:17 AM

Attached Link: http://amber.rc.arizona.edu/lw/qemloss3.html

Qemloss3 is a GREAT utility for reducing the mesh density of models. It's a lightwave free plug in. The author has made the lastest version "show off" ware. Basically, send him something of what you are working on, so he can learn from it. (it can be an image, a 3d mesh, whatever), and he'll email it to you. Qemloss has been around for many years now, and works differently from lightwave's native built in mesh reducing utility. What's nice about it, if you can adjust a % slider, and it will show you the target polycount before it does it's mojo. (BTW it's always a good idea o "merge points" first.)

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 22 June 2004 at 8:37 AM

thank you.

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 22 June 2004 at 8:41 AM ยท edited Tue, 22 June 2004 at 8:43 AM

my pleasure! I dropped the polycount down of the new Daz martian war machine about 75%! What I like, is it creates a new copy on a new layer, so you can try a few different settings, and pick the downsized version you prefer the best. As long as you remember to apply a image on the uv maps, it'll retain the original UV as well.

Message edited on: 06/22/2004 08:43

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 22 June 2004 at 10:09 AM

That sounds great, as long as it doesn`t make holes in the object.

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 22 June 2004 at 10:15 AM

Yep, that's why you merge points first.

numanoid ( ) posted Tue, 22 June 2004 at 7:14 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1699248

Hi, I also downloaded the Narcisus, but I don't have Lightwave, so someone else did the lightwave to object conversion for me, and the normals were messed up so I couldn't make the Poser conversion. I use a program called Rational Reducer to reduce the polygon count in models like this that are to big to use effectively. Some points: Xantor, I can mail you a small file called "wheelie" that was made for me by Little Dragon to show you how to make the wheels rotate correctly. Basically you have to change the order of the X, Y and Z axis. This thread explains how to do it. http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1699248 Yes, the Narcisus would just be a large static prop, but if you take some time with it, it has an interior that can be improved, and you could make opening hatches, etc. You could also make a smaller, even lower polygon 1 to 10 scale prop that could work with the Sulaco and Nostromo models (they are 1 to ten scale, and I have made a 1 to 10 scale dropship, and the colonist complex is also being modelled in 1 to 10 scale). I have a collection of pics, dimensions and loads of technical detail on the Narcisus if one of you want to convert it I will mail you all the stuff.

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 22 June 2004 at 10:56 PM

Especially with poser, but with any other 3d app too, I would make a spaceship interior separate from the exterior model. This model is already huge and adding interior details would only make matters worse. I probably can`t convert the narcissus, it is just too large for my computer. Numanoid I would like that wheelie script. The main problem with the wheels was actually finding the centre, it is a similar problem you can get with eyes if the axis is not centred the wheels rotate in a wrong way, if they were real the car would bob up and down when it moves as some clown cars do (though the clown cars are deliberately made to do that for "comic" effect) I hope I explained it better this time.

numanoid ( ) posted Tue, 22 June 2004 at 11:08 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/photos/MSG2/Message1699495.txt

Attached File: http://www.renderosity.com/photos/MSG2/Message1699495.txt Here ... download the attached text file, rename it Wheelie.cr2, and drop it into one of your RuntimeLibrariesCharacter folders. Feel free to study it, modify it, redistribute it, however you see fit.

Bruce__ ( ) posted Sun, 01 August 2004 at 9:27 PM

file_113449.jpg

tHANKS SIXUS1:)

Bruce__ ( ) posted Sun, 01 August 2004 at 9:38 PM

Aliens like it hot and moist that is why they nest under the coolant tanks of the reactor on lV 246 weyland Utany Terraformation Project.

numanoid ( ) posted Sun, 01 August 2004 at 11:53 PM

Lol, coolant plants are not cool at all. Ever felt the motor in the back of your fridge? It makes the thing it is meant to make cold, cold, but it is hot enough in itself.

Bruce__ ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2004 at 7:49 PM

What is the link to Vanishingpoint????

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.