Fri, Aug 2, 11:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 31 8:13 pm)

Subject: "a special thank you from renderosity"

Aeneas ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2004 at 3:18 AM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 9:39 PM

Just got one today. And as usual a few days AFTER I bought what I had collected on my wishlist. In the beginning I saw this as a case of bad timing (from me), but as this happens time and time again, science tells me that statistically this cannot be coincidence. 10% on $35 or more isn't much, but still, I would love to make use of this generous offer. Yet I can't. Because it never comes when there are things on my wishlist, or when I didn't make a purchase a few days before. Coincidence? I strongly doubt it...

I have tried prudent planning long enough. From now I'll be mad. (Rumi)

TygerCub ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2004 at 4:40 AM

I receive them periodically without visiting the marketplace, but it did happen me right after I made a purchase last week. A 10% discount is nice but easy to dismiss... $3.50 off of $35.00 isn't much. If the marketers were serious about offering discounts, they need to stop printing brochures to send to people who already frequent the marketplace, and do some serious research into pulling people in from OTHER communities.

Triarius ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2004 at 9:29 AM

If they do have it set up that way (and, like you, I've also noticed this pattern) it's bad marketing. The time to send these things is shortly after a customer gets an e-mail informing them that an item on their wish list has just gone on sale. As an inducement to come and shop, it's not enough. As a "scale tipper" it's perfect. Anybody in marketing listening...?

caulbox ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2004 at 9:59 AM

I can't afford $3.50... and I'm sure there are thousands of others like me!

movida ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2004 at 10:36 AM

Leave the stuff on your wishlist and don't buy until you get the coupon...the coupons come periodically. I think there are too many customers here for them to be able to time the coupons after purchases were made; where would the cutoff be? After 20% bought from their wishlist? 30%?

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2004 at 11:17 AM

I always wait to do my shopping on Friday, because almost always I get my coupon on Wednesday or Thursday. If you don't need immediate gratification, sometimes waiting pays off .... right now, five things I wanted and waited a week for have gone on sale, AND I have the coupon. It's worth a few days delay to me.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2004 at 11:22 AM

I just got that coupon too, and I haven't bought anything for about 2 weeks, and when I did, it was below 35$. Personally I don't think they're worth much, those coupons. A blanket 10% off would be much more useable without that silly minimum purchase limit, that is often ridiculosly high (get 15% off any purchases of $50 - is bogus imo)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Strixowl ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2004 at 1:09 PM

I've NEVER been able to use one because they ALWAYS expire before pay day. I've mentioned this to O'sity in their poll they did awhile back. How bout offering the first week of the month, not the last.

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2004 at 1:19 PM

Not everyone has pay day at the same time. What would be convenient for you would be inconvenient for someone else. I don't think it is Renderosity's job to figure out everyone's schedule for getting paid (and free lancers may not have a dependable schedule anyway). I get paid every two weeks, some people get paid once a month, some on the 1st and 15th. That's not Renderosity's problem...that's our problem for budgeting properly. You know that you want to buy x amount during the month...we all have our habits and we know ourselves well. So this pay period, don't spend the x amount that you know you want to set aside for a Marketplace purchase it...save it for a time when it will be available to use in combination with the coupon that comes up (and there is always another coupon). Instead of buying one item at a time, let a few pile (you may end up being able to take advantage of sales that way), and you can easily meet the minimum that way. What is the worst thing that would happen you forced yourself to wait a week or two for an item? Well, it may go on sale if you wait. Or it may go off sale (but does that $1 or two make that much difference...if so, maybe you can't afford to buy it in the first place). Really, this all sounds like personal financial problems to me and not the fault of Renderosity. Sometimes it's good to take responsibility for yourself. Or don't. It's up to you. I'm off the thread. Happy shopping everyone.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2004 at 1:27 PM · edited Fri, 23 July 2004 at 1:31 PM

Well, off the thread or not.. a LOT of people are paid monthly, and that IS usually at the END of the month, not the middle of it. so I'm with Strixowl, why not make those coupons come out at some other time than the LAST week of a month - after all, the purpose of the coupons are to generate sales, and then it's a bit silly to do it at a time where 99% of "normal" people haven't got any money (Yes I speak for my self, but I know most of my colleagues and friends are pretty broke the last week of a month too)
Sure you can budget, and personally I have the largest amount of money to spend here at the end of the month, since I can only spend what I earn here :o) and the sales accumulate monthly, but IF I had to use my own "real" money, I wouldn't have any to spend on Poser right now. As you say, some people get paid at the 1st and 15th, so therefore it would be logical to put out the coupons around the 15, where people on monthly pay haven't spent it all yet (heh yeah, right) and people with 14thnight pay have just got another portion of money to spend. It is highly illogical to put out a coupon at a time where both those that are paid monthly AND those paid 2 times a month are likely to be broke.

Edited due to typosMessage edited on: 07/23/2004 13:31

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Dizzie ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2004 at 4:35 PM

I've never used one because of the $35 min....I never spend that much in one wack.....and 10% off is not an incentive to...

Strixowl ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2004 at 6:45 PM · edited Fri, 23 July 2004 at 6:46 PM

Yahoo & Whoopi doooo!!!!! :-)

Message edited on: 07/23/2004 18:46

elizabyte ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2004 at 9:37 PM

I've never used one because of the $35 min....I never spend that much in one wack.....and 10% off is not an incentive to... Ditto. I always see those coupons and think, "Buy this new car for just a little less than your annual wage and we'll throw in this cool auto air freshner for FREE!" bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

Dizzie ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2004 at 10:49 PM

ROTFLLLL Bonni!!! Good one!

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2004 at 11:06 PM

I got it about an hour after I bought what was in my cart...lol Marque

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2004 at 11:07 PM

And this is the 3rd time I've had this happen. I just ignore them now. Marque

Byrdie ( ) posted Sat, 24 July 2004 at 3:29 PM

Me, too. Maybe if there was no minimum, or even a lower oneone, I'd use them. And they always come just at the most inconvenient time, even if I were tempted.

Byrdie ( ) posted Sat, 24 July 2004 at 3:31 PM

Oops, didn't catch that spelling/grammar goof. Should be just "one" there. Sorry :-(

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.