Sun, Sep 22, 2:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Poser4 into Bryce4 - the right way?

dharmalion ( ) posted Mon, 30 October 2000 at 2:17 PM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:29 AM

Is there a correct/simple way to import a Poser character into Bryce and map the textures correctly? I am doing this: Export as Wavefront .OBJ = this works Import object in Bryce = this works It is gray, as it is supposed to be, but the character has 3 articles of clothing on, and it is REALLY laborious to select all the meshes of each body part to map the textrure. Does anyone follow me? Is there an easy way to do this?

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Mon, 30 October 2000 at 2:28 PM

Did you export as separate groups or as a single mesh? If as groups, you can select each item of clothing individually and USUALLY get the textures to apply correctly. It takes some playing, but I've gotten it to work about 80% of the time...

dharmalion ( ) posted Mon, 30 October 2000 at 2:33 PM

CharlieBrown: Do you mean exporting as seperate objects? If not, could you explain how you do this? Thanks in Advance.

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Mon, 30 October 2000 at 3:00 PM

When you export from Poser you have an option window that pops up including a bunch of options about the mesh. The last patch seems to have "stuck" these options on my screen, to a default that keeps each object as a separate group, but loses the group names (Group1-x is the "body" of the figure, 2-x is the hair, 3-x is clothing item one, etc.) It's confusing, but it works... ;-)

pendarian ( ) posted Mon, 30 October 2000 at 8:03 PM

There is an excellent tutorial on moving poser figures into bryce at this link: http://www.robinwood.com/PoserGoodies/PoserSet.html I suggest you go there and save that page or print it out, I did and it has saved me a lot of work :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.