Fri, Aug 2, 11:12 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 31 8:13 pm)

Subject: David and Mike 3

Niles ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 7:43 AM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 11:28 PM

Got them both, I have bought nothing for Mike3(hate him) in the way of clothes... just a few textures. Just wondering, when M3 was released he had several great looking clothes at DAZ, and David only a few, why? Now with release of "The Girl"... will David get left behind?

dirk5027 ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 8:08 AM

already has been

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 8:53 AM

There are some David clothes in the pipeline. If you read the DAZ forums, there are previews of fantasy and SF clothes for him.

But there are never as many clothes for the males as for the females. And toons seem to be really big these days.

Vote with your wallet. If you want more David stuff, buy the David offerings they have.

And check out PoserPros. They've got some nice stuff for David and SP, some of it for Pro Club prices.

cherokee69 ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 9:08 AM

"But there are never as many clothes for the males as for the females." If memory serves me correctly..when M3 was released, there were tons of new clothing items released for him in a constant flow. Now D3 is out and people keep talking about this or that in the piplines, but you hardly ever see any of it...talk is cheap. "Vote with your wallet. If you want more David stuff, buy the David offerings they have." There isn't much there to buy anyway. If they aren't going to make anything for D3 (but just talking about it), someone needs to come up with a utility to easily convert the M3 clothing to fit D3. That would solve some of the emptiness in David's closet.

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 9:15 AM

David's not getting the support M3 did, just as Steph doesn't get as much stuff as V3. But they do have some stuff in the David section. Seb, David Diversified, and The Alliance came out recently.

I don't think it would be easy to convert M3 clothing to David automatically. David is based on Steph Petite, not M3. He's more compatible with Vicky's morphs than Mike's.

Byrdie ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 10:25 AM

Oh dear. Been planning to get David when I save up enough money for the CD bundle but if there's not going to be much support for him I think I might not bother now. Which is too bad 'cuz from what I've seen he looks so much better than M3 -- which ain't exactly god-awful ugly but still could use improvement. Very disappointed, has anyone thought of doing a Mike/David hybrid figure? That might solve some of the clothes conversion problems, assuming there's no legal issue that would prevent it.

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 10:49 AM

I don't jump for any new characters any more. Too many of them get dumped before we get much for them. Nowadays I'll wait a month or more to see if a new character is abaondoned again. You can save hundreds of dollars that way.

Byrdie ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 11:38 AM

Me neither, took me well over a year, nearly two, just to decide on an upgrade from Mike to M2. The GIRL is out now but I've got Sara and HER and since I don't use alot of toons that'll likely be it for me -- unless Daz comes up with The BOY. Guess I'll wait another bit to see how David fares.

xoconostle ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 12:06 PM · edited Sat, 07 August 2004 at 12:07 PM

DAZ is treating Stephanie 3 and David as second class citizens, which is a darn shame. I like Mike 3, but like many people, find David to be superior. Cherokee is right, the M3 launch included a LOT more support items than David's. The GIRL launch has been just as robust as you'd expect Victoria 4's to be. They've left it up to the brokers to make things for David ... there have been some good items, Will's everyday wear is great, the underwear was too, but the general dearth of stuff for David is very disappointing. Steph 3 has gotten a little better treatment. Randy, can you please point out the threads at DAZ forums that preview forthcoming David items? I haven't seen them, it'd be cool to see what you're talking about.

I'm very grateful to the people like Royloo, Dodger, and Guari at PoserPros who have made some very fine items for David. They're fairly inexpensive, too. (Edited for typos ... the ones I caught, anyway...)

Message edited on: 08/07/2004 12:07

pdxjims ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 12:39 PM

file_120916.jpg

I've got 4 sets of David cloths in the works. The David Fantasy set is either coming out next week or the week after (I've been asked to make both P4 and PP poses), the classic set. A leather set I'm working on today. And a singlet that will probably be either VERY cheap or free. The pic is the leather set so far. Dodger is working on 2 sets that I know of (although he's also working on a number of other projects all at the same time). He has 9 arms you know. As for the BOY, well, make your wants known so it gets done. I really want to see a BOY in the same style as the GIRL.

pdxjims ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 12:50 PM

file_120918.jpg

Here's part of the fantasy set. I would like to see more everyday cloths for him though.

BastBlack ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 1:19 PM

Hi, just wondering. I have just about everything for M3 (love him!), and only PC club things for Dave. I haven't even worked with him because he's really short. But people say they like David better than M3, why? I hear he poses better than M3. Really? Can I scale David up to wear M3 clothes? I think i heard there is a way to transfer head morphs between David and M3 too, anyone know how? Thanks. bB

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 1:29 PM

Ooh, nice! Are those P5 materials?

Someone should make David a real kilt. The old-fashioned kind, like in Braveheart. (Yeah, I know it's not entirely authentic, but it looked really cool.)

I can't remember all the different threads David stuff was featured in. There's a lot of traffic over there at DAZ. Here's a couple:

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=6451

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=5693&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=54

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 1:38 PM

I haven't even worked with him because he's really short.

Scale him up. I use about 115% if he's going to be in a scene with Vicky.

But people say they like David better than M3, why? I hear he poses better than M3. Really?

Yes, IMO he poses better. And he morphs better. A lot of the M3 problems were fixed with David. You can bulk him up, and his muscles look very natural, instead of the weird look M3 gets. David's face is also more easily morphed. He's made to look like a teenager, but "ages up" even better than M3, IMO.

Can I scale David up to wear M3 clothes?

Not really. Well, you can, but only in the way you can scale the clothing of any figure to fit any other.

I think i heard there is a way to transfer head morphs between David and M3 too, anyone know how?

You could try Morph Manager. However, I like David's own head morphs better. I think you can inject V3's head morphs into David pretty easily. Steph's, too, probably.

pdxjims ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 1:49 PM

file_120919.jpg

First, you can scale David up to M3 size (aboput 112%), but the clothing won't conform right. David has different JPs than M3. You can, by exporting the clothing object, reimporting it, and boning it to David (with a few magnets for fitting), make it work. It sounds like a lot, but actually it isn't all that difficult. David is actually only small in comparison to M3 and Vicky. If you want to scale him up to about 110%, he's their size. Just remember to scale his clothing up too. Dodger has a freebie to transfer David morphs to his Aeon characters (M3 based). If you use the morphs on lets say, Seth, the Aeon Teen Boy, and save the figure, you can use MorphManager to transfer them to M3. I think he's going to be doing David to M3 morph transfer freebie sometime. Of all the figures Daz has put out, I think David is the best. He poses better and his morphs are much better. In fact, he has morphs that other characters don't have. His Definition morph adds cut to his muscles without increasing bulk. His Tone morph is much better than M3's. You can also transfer V3 morphs to David using MorphManager. I took all those heads of V3 (Celtic, Germanic, etc), and use them all the time on him. Here's David scaled at 112%. Both David and M3 are using the DAVID Muscular2 morph (for M3 provided by Dodger).

pdxjims ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 1:51 PM

Isn't cross posting fun!

pdxjims ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 2:08 PM · edited Sat, 07 August 2004 at 2:10 PM

file_120920.jpg

Will this do? All the materials on the stuff is P4 mats. What you see is what you get.

Message edited on: 08/07/2004 14:10

Byrdie ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 2:21 PM

Very nice. Guess I'll keep on saving -- who knows, maybe next time Daz has a really big sale on I'll be able to afford both these guys.

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 2:39 PM

Not bad! I'd still like something that looks more like a "belted plaid," with a part that drapes over the shoulder, but I could probably manage something in the Cloth Room.

I hope your package appears in the store soon. Nothing but Girl stuff this week, and since I'm not interested in her, money's burning a hole in my pocket. ;-)

BastBlack ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 6:37 PM

pdxjims, Thanks for answering all my questions! You are so good to us. :D I'm amazed M3 can wear David's muscle 2 morph, and they still look different compaired to each other! How cool is that? Do people perfer the Dave muscle morphs over the M3 ones? I see there's still that bunch up around M3's armpit though. I haven't picked up any of the Aeon characters yet. There are several. Which one do you recommend or find the most useful? I think it might be fun to play chibi pranks on my M3 Anime characters. ;) I think the Aeon character that looks like M2 is interesting. Have you messed with it? Wouldn't be cool if the M3 to M2 Aeon used Dave muscle morphs? Would that make him the closest to the old M2? Just curious. bB

pdxjims ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 9:26 PM

Attached Link: Aeon David Morphs Freebies

BlackBast, Each of the Aeon males have their charm. My favorite is Seth, since he ages from early teen boy to adult M3. Daniel, the M2 look alike is almost a mid size between M3 and the Freak to me. He wears most of the M2 clothing with monir tweaking. They all take all of the M3, Freak, and Puck morphs. I think they work better on Seth, but that's personal opinion. Seth also looks great combined with David in a scene, since they're about the same size. The David morphs will work on all the Aeon males too. The converted morphs are available at: http://24.21.186.144:8889/freestuff/ Hope this helps, Jim

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2004 at 9:43 PM

David stuff I am sure is coming .. With M3 they released the files more in advance but some people bitched .. Now with David they didn't release it to brokers as far ahead and people say there isn't enough .. It just takes time ...

cherokee69 ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2004 at 6:18 AM · edited Sun, 08 August 2004 at 6:20 AM

"It just takes time"

I don't think that is it. David has been out since the first of June. Sure, there have been a few things released at DAZ for him. Now, the GIRL is out and there sure is alot of stuff in the market place to her. The real problem is that David is a guy and stuff for male figures don't sell well and people aren't willing to spend time on clothing because they know it won't sell well while, on the other hand, female figures and clothing are more popular and sell better. "It just takes time" isn't it....it's money. I'm going to use Jim as an example here. He can create some good looking stuff in no time at all and he hasn't been modeling clothing for very long while other merchants have been doing it for a long time and know most of the tricks to create clothing pretty fast. It's the desire to create things and most merchants don't have that desire to create clothing for a male figures when they can make more money creating things for the female figures. It kind of sad to that money is a motivating factor. Several items at DAZ have been converted to fit most of the M. figures but David hasn't received his converted clothing while all the others have. I do know of one pair of boots that he has received but no jeans.

Message edited on: 08/08/2004 06:20

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2004 at 11:17 AM

Well I know of a number of things for him in the pipeline and I know that the girl did kind of come at a bad time so there was a lot of push for multiple figures whic sometimes makes it hard since they are trying to do more things. Plus people are just busy but one of the people that has plans for modeling stuff for David has been out of commission so his stuff has been held up .. All of these things contribute to the fact but it still jsut takes time to do all the morphs etc.

pdxjims ( ) posted Sun, 08 August 2004 at 11:25 AM

No kidding on the morphs. I've got 3 or 4 things ready except for the morphs. It takes me longer to do a good fitting muscle morph than it does to make and bone the item.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.