Thu, Sep 19, 10:46 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:52 pm)

Subject: Grrrl! for Girl v3UV eye update/tips...

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2004 at 12:40 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:38 PM

I've had a few people ask for a v3UV eye UV fix now that Daz has done that for Girl... Well, it's done, and you probably already have it, if you updated Girl! (The character file loads a differently mapped obj file, and Daz's update adds the v3 eye uv option in Grrrl as well !! Do you see addition blank unused channels in Grrrl when you load her? If so, download dial cleaner, and run both the grrrl and grrrlv3UV cr2 files through that, and it'll clean them up. (It looks like it wasn't done after Daz's QA here at least, but P5 has a bug to sometimes show hidden channels, and I can't tell here if what I'm seeing that bug's appearance.) I ran my final release copies through dial cleaner again, and it worked fine here. Something else really useful.. if you have Daz's Girl morph set as well, load the Grrrl characters (you need to do both the normal and v3UV versions separately), inject all Daz's morphs, and then select the head, and use the right black arrow and select "display as ordered list".. it'll alphabetically sort the morphs in the head, and most of my morphs are named to compliment Daz's. Do the same thing for the body, and then save her back out with a new file name. That way, you can load that new version, and the dials will be arranged neatly, and you have everything to play with "all at once".

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Veritas777 ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2004 at 2:44 PM

Great tip, thanks!

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2004 at 2:44 PM

Cool, thanks for the tip. I do like the morphs you did.

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2004 at 4:04 PM

Thanks, guys! I think you'll like my next Grrrl set(Props n clothes)

CeeBeeVFXG ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2004 at 5:54 PM

Hi Gareee, I really love your morphs for GIRL- they're great! I have one question: when I try to inject some of the DAZ head morphs they don't appear in the dials list. Then I noticed that the channels aren't there for them. Is it supposed to work that way? Thanks in advance for your help :-)

~ Meow ~

Becco_UK ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2004 at 5:54 PM

can't quite get my head around this one. I first saw the original GIRL in 3D World back in February. In my mind that was the real GIRL (or GIRL 1). The Daz version is a nice figure but with any morph applied the figure is no longer the GIRL but GIRL 2 which is what DAZ should have called her in the first place.

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2004 at 8:49 PM

Well, since the original Girl IS the girl mesh you now own, I don't see how you can complain that the Daz release should be renamed.. as a matter of fact, Kim has worked VERY hard the last few months, adding more expression morphs for her, and she's now much, much more then what we originally saw, and since it's all thanks to Kim's work, I agreee with him and Daz naming the release the Girl. And yes, any morph applied to her would change her from the original image... but Kim even did that himself, with things like elf ears, and even optional morphs for thinner ankles and knees. And the real point of morph sets, is to go beyond an original character's intent, and allow people to customize those things they would like to change themselves. Personally, I prefer a smaller waist, longer legs, larger eyes, and taller backswept eyelashes, so with my set, I can convert Girl into MY perfect Girl, instead of just Kim's. Tetra.. yes, the empty channels are there for the Daz morphs (and actually there are more for additional morphs as well.) Double check what morphs don;t seem to inject, and please LMK.. I usually inject "all" and then remove things I don't like, or don't use. I have't heard of anyone with problems adding morphs at all to date. (Well, until now that is.. LOL!)

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2004 at 9:35 PM

JUST read of a thread with this over at Daz.. sems some people are getting it, and some aren't. I've emailed Daz to look into it and fix it. (It sounds like something they changed in the final CR2.. I haven't confirmed yet if this is caused by the new update, or if it is an existing problem from the original release. Unfortunately, I'll be on vacation from Mon to Friday next week, but I emailed the Daz person who made sure it was working with the final morph set already. Sorry for the problem, guys! Some people have just moved the Grrrl morphs into the base Girl cr2 as a quick fix, and others aren't seeing the problem at all. (Thats what makes me suspect something changed in the recent Girl update.) We'll get it figured out as soon as possible, guys!

CeeBeeVFXG ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2004 at 9:39 PM

Gareee, I was just looking through the DAZ forum and found a thread on this. There are many DAZ GIRL morph channels missing - someone made a comprehensive list there. I transferred the missing DAZ morph channels to Grrrl using Morph Manager. Hope this helps. :-)

~ Meow ~

CeeBeeVFXG ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2004 at 9:40 PM

Cross-posted! LOL

~ Meow ~

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2004 at 9:46 PM

He hee.. read th epost above yours, tetra1... ;) Beetcha by 4 minutes! Thanks for confirming that morph manager trick though. Did you inject the morphs into the base girl, and then transfer them into Grrrl? BTW if anyone fixes thiers this way, you don;t have to go through the hassle of doin git with both the V3 UV version and the normal girl mapped version. Just copy the newly created cr2, and open it with a text editor.. there are two references to the girl OBJ file. If you look in geometries/girl folder, you'll see 2 Girl OBJ files.. one has Girl UV mapping, and one has V# mapping. Just change the references to the other version you didn't fix, and save it out. Again, sorry for any problems caused by this. Daz didn't provide us with the final CR2, so I was trusting them to make sure any changes were made in the Grrrl cr2, and I hadn't heard of any issue, (until today), so I never dug into the final releases to verify any changes. With luck, they'll correct this on Monday.

CeeBeeVFXG ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2004 at 10:10 PM

I didn't have to inject anything. I just opened both cr2s in MM and transferred only the missing channels from GIRL to Grrrl. Now ALL the DAZ morphs inject to Grrrl just fine. :-) Again Gareee, thanks for the great morph package - it's awesome!

~ Meow ~

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2004 at 10:22 PM

Did Daz provide a cr2 with the injectable morphs in it as well as provide injections? Is this with the base Girl morphs, or the addon ijectable ones? Or are morphs disapearing when you inject thier morph set? If it's the later, they might not have inculded the injectable blank channels in the new update. (This is with the girl update, isn't it?)

CeeBeeVFXG ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2004 at 10:38 PM · edited Sat, 14 August 2004 at 10:39 PM

I used the DAZ GIRL cr2 (which contains the CHANNELS for the injectable DAZ morphs and NOT the morphs themselves).

The Grrrl cr2 was missing MOST but not all of the channels for the separate DAZ morphs package - so when you injected the DAZ morphs, most of them didn't show up in the dials list while others did.

After you transfer the missing channels from GIRL cr2 to Grrrl cr2 you can inject Grrrl cr2 with ALL the DAZ injectable morphs.

:-) This is with both the original cr2 AND the updated cr2.

Message edited on: 08/14/2004 22:39

~ Meow ~

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2004 at 10:46 PM

Hmm it sounds like Daz didn't create the proper number of channels in the last beta we got before release. Adding the additional channels with Injection Magic might solve the problem. (Although it's probably easier for them to just move all the Grrrl morphs into the base Girl, just like you did. That's one of the reasons why I ended up making a new cr2 instead of using injection tech.. so the injection channels would remain free for additional morphs to be included. I'll pass all this threads over to Daz as well.. might help them figure out what's going on. Thanks for checking and reporting this!

CeeBeeVFXG ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2004 at 10:49 PM

No problem - Glad to help :-)

~ Meow ~

FishNose ( ) posted Sun, 15 August 2004 at 4:57 AM

Is there a convenient way to combine Girl with Grrrl? I want to work with all the MTs at the same time. :] Fish

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 15 August 2004 at 7:27 AM

Yup... read up.. tetra1 just moved all the Grrrl morphs into the base girl cr2 with morph manager. Grrrl WAS supposed to include all the original morphs, but it looks like some were snuck in in the last few days before release. It sounds like one this is done, that you can then inject the additional ones, as intended, and then save that out as a complete new character cr2.

CeeBeeVFXG ( ) posted Sun, 15 August 2004 at 7:59 AM

Actually, I did the opposite...I moved the DAZ channels from the GIRL cr2 to Grrrl cr2 (because there were less morphs to move) but either way will work :-)

~ Meow ~

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 15 August 2004 at 8:05 AM

That makes sense, but I have a sneaky suspicion that some of her base morphs might have been changed, and/or her joint setup might have been altered slightly. Its always hard to guess what changes could have been made, so the safest solution until Daz releases an official fix (or they drag butt and they make me do it) would be to move the Grrrl morphs into girl. Only really odd thing I did in the cr2, was move the FBM "bigeyes" into the head.

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 15 August 2004 at 11:40 AM

Ah, you guys are killin me.. I was supposed to be getting us ready for our vacation today, while the wife was at work... BUT I just can't enjoy myself, unless I know this issue is addressed, and I don't 100% trust anyone else to do it properly. (I do after all know every morph I did off the top of my head.) So I took the current most updated Girl, and then moved everything over from grrrl into the new character... BUT I wasn't 100% satisfied. I originally added the morphs alphebetically, and that's never the most practical, so I created a Grrrl! Director's cut. I rearranged the dials, grouping them in what seems more orderly fashion (all teeth morphs are together, for instance) I'm not sure how well P4 will arrange the dials, but I know it works fine for P5. (Oh, and then I made sure I ran dial cleaner to hide the blank channels!) I emailed the fix to Daz in a Priority email, and will make sure I call them tomorrow to make a update available as soon as they can get it into an installer. Again, I had no idea they were adding or changing morphs in the base CR2, but sincere apologies for any problems anyone has had.

CeeBeeVFXG ( ) posted Sun, 15 August 2004 at 1:51 PM

Gareee, we appreciate all your hard work. I'm sure DAZ will get it fixed soon. Don't worry about it. Now, go get ready for your vacation and have a wonderful time - AND DON'T ruin your vacation by thinking about this. Everything will work out fine :-)

~ Meow ~

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 15 August 2004 at 2:52 PM

Ah, I won't ruin it.. but I needed to know I had done my utmost to correct the problem. I firmly believe not enough people stand behind their products, and they move onto thier "next big thing" and shelve fixes for "later" My stuff might not be the best, but the least I can do is make it the best supported. Time to go play, Kids. Be good while I'm away....... (Oh, and watch that Geep guy.... he's been dressing kinda weird of late...)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.