Sat, Oct 5, 4:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: water with reflections?

uloctralen ( ) posted Mon, 16 August 2004 at 8:13 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 4:20 AM

How do you guys do that cool water effect as seen here:
http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=736737&Hot=Y&Sectionid=30
Is it a Photoshop technique? Is there a tutorial somebody could point me to?

Thanks,
Dave

peapodgrrl ( ) posted Mon, 16 August 2004 at 10:48 PM

www.flamingpear.com The filter you want is called "flood."

Spearhead ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2004 at 3:47 AM

ultra fractal has a map called lake

paragon5 ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2004 at 4:57 PM

Almathera also has a filter for PSP called puddle. It does some cool water effects (not your usual rippled water effect)!

crazywitko ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2004 at 6:08 PM

I've not been able to get mapping to work on UPRs exported from Apo into UF...is there a trick to this??

Rykk ( ) posted Tue, 17 August 2004 at 7:24 PM

None of the mappings in UF will work on flames. :>( Has something to do with the way the flames are calculated vs. the way typical UF fractals are calculated. I reckon some of the math savvy folks could maybe write mappings that work on flames but I suspect they would be VERY processor/memory intensive and take a good while to draw themselves. Rick

crazywitko ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2004 at 4:50 AM

I suspected that...thanks Rykk.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.