Fri, Oct 4, 6:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:27 pm)

Subject: 10 signs you've been Posing too much...

KarenJ ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2004 at 6:42 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 6:18 PM
  1. You look at a inflatable armchair and think, "Damn, forgot to turn off polygon smoothing." 2. You look at a photograph and wonder if it would have come out better in Firefly. 3. You spend more on Vicky's wardrobe in a month than on your own for the whole of last year. 4. You start mentally classifying everyone you meet as V3, V2, S3P, M3 or David. 5. When someone mentions that they hate having injections, you start arguing with them about how it brings down the file weight of the CR2. 6. You refer to someone splitting their trousers as "extreme pokethrough." 7. You wonder why all men don't have detachable genitals. 8. Someone asks you when the library opens, and you tell them, "A lot quicker since I renamed the Mac plug-in!" 9. You begin to describe yourself in terms of morphs. "I'm about a V3 with Voluptuous on 0.5..." 10. You start buying fashion magazines just to get examples of poses. Believe it or not I've done all of these recently! ,even the library one >.<

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2004 at 6:47 AM

Well, at least 10 doesn't read: "You start buying Playboy, but only for the pictures"

beachnut ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2004 at 7:14 AM

ROFLMAO!!! I really needed a good laugh this morning! :)

tpriest ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2004 at 8:53 AM

These are great! But it makes me wonder what prompted #7...

Indoda ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2004 at 9:37 AM

Thanks for the morning laugh ;) LOL

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Albert Einstein

Indoda

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2004 at 11:10 AM

King Missle had some..;)sometimes I rent it out, and sometimes I leave it at home..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2004 at 11:11 AM

You want to scale your hair to cover up your bald spot..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2004 at 12:01 PM

ROFL! But I find #7 a lot more unnerving than the libary one...

JVRenderer ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2004 at 12:19 PM

You look at someone's bad hair piece and wonder if it is Poser 5's dynamic hair. I am stepping far away from Karen. She gots issues on the #7 thing...

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

ockham ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2004 at 12:34 PM

Real-life male genitals can be detached. The only difference is that Ctrl-Z doesn't work.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

zarquen ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2004 at 12:52 PM

AAArgh! it gotta hurt!!

Gwendolyn ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2004 at 1:38 PM

LOL...LOL...LOL...thanks for the good chuckle! ;))

Kristta ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2004 at 1:40 PM

Hey, pakled, we've had a big debate going on in my house over who the band was for that um, song you mentioned above. I've maintained King Missile for a long time and several people told me it was Butthole Surfers. Glad I'm not the only one in the world who knows that King Missile was the band on that one. Here's mine: You spend half a Saturday coming up with a way to trans map Toonimal Kitty's ear to make him not have one so that your new kitty (appropriately named VanGogh) can pose with SP3! Kristta

KarenJ ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2004 at 4:28 PM

LOL I think you're all worrying too much about no. 7... I won't say exactly why the thought crossed my mind, but rest assured it was along the lines of "wouldn't it be handy..." - not "careful with that axe, Eugene" (since we're playing classic song titles here) ;-)

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

SpottedKitty ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2004 at 5:01 PM
  1. You can think of a hideously warped and hilarious addition to this list without half trying, and at least one person replies with "I've done that" — and they have...

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2004 at 5:11 PM
  1. When you convince a woman to pose nude for "artistic purposes", and it really is.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Gareee ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2004 at 5:20 PM

You man all men DON'T have removable genitals? Someone should told Lorraina Bobbet...

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

FishNose ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2004 at 5:28 PM

Well, I buy Playboy only for the pictures.... I do! Yes I'm depraved, I'm afraid. And I'm a collector. Come to think of it, I often don't even look at the pictures :o) I think the worst sign (and now I'm being serious) is when you go and do real world stuff like shop or shower or work or stuff like that - and it stresses the hell out of you - because you should be POSING!! Now that is bad. Sitting in the pub with some friends and drinking a beer and having a good time, and then you go, "Damn, I got to work out how to make that dress fit..." but hopefully not out loud. :] Fish

Stage_Rose ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2004 at 5:44 PM
  1. You infom your mother your sanitary napkins have been 'updated' with new 'conforming' wings...

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2004 at 6:49 PM

You want to update your computer soley to make poser work faster :-)

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

Jcleaver ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2004 at 7:44 PM
  1. You look for the morph dials for your significant other.

salvius ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2004 at 1:07 AM
  1. You catch yourself working out the shader nodes for the surfaces of everyday objects. I was sitting in a public restroom with a sort of sponged-paint effect on the walls of the stall recently, and suddenly realized I was thinking, "Hmmm... couple of cloud fractal material nodes laid over each other, slight bit of noise for the bump map, upper-middle range specular value..."

n3k0 ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2004 at 2:19 AM

You notice women's shoes and you start to think "Hey, those would look great on Vicky" umm....

akura_ ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2004 at 6:52 PM

"You want to update your computer soley to make poser work faster :-)" I've done that. hahaha.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.