Thu, Oct 17, 7:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 1:31 am)

Subject: ::: Girl vs. ALexa ::: POLL :::

Gareee ( ) posted Wed, 25 August 2004 at 11:14 AM

You'd be surprised.. good eye textures can look good on many different characters. Only problem is, there are so many eye textures out already that adapt easily.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Riddokun ( ) posted Wed, 25 August 2004 at 11:28 AM

you stated the two main points: "good textures" you said... so i was right... and about the "too many", it dig the chasm even further. (how can a not good eye texture stand lost in this ocean of many ?)

dlfurman ( ) posted Wed, 25 August 2004 at 12:34 PM

Fishnose, you forgot TWO pre-GIRL, types based on the Vicky Mesh. Yuka/Mayu and Maeve. Yuka/Mayu had a anime-type head on a Vicky body and Maeve while not overly toonish, could go in that catagory.

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

SnowSultan ( ) posted Wed, 25 August 2004 at 12:39 PM

Garee, do you play under UT2004 under the name Garee? I play a lot too (as SnowSultan) and am desperately looking for teammates for Onslaught with half a brain. ;) Spike and a few others here play too, check out the Gaming forum for a few threads we posted about playing together. As for this topic, I like Anime Doll and Koshini the most, but I'm very surprised as to how well GIRL poses. I agree with Fish that she needs more body morphs; but we've always got Capsces and Garee to help with that. :) SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Wed, 25 August 2004 at 12:50 PM

Ohhhhhh... I'm still waiting for Capsces to release a morph pack for Koshini 2 that rivals the ones they did for K1. Maybe they have, and I missed it?

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

Gareee ( ) posted Wed, 25 August 2004 at 1:04 PM

Well, Penelope came out for Krystal... And I'm flattered being mentioned in company with Capsces, Snow Sultan!

3-DArena ( ) posted Wed, 25 August 2004 at 2:51 PM

Girl - like Gareee I thought Alexa's abs were strange. I love NefToon Gal, just not enough supprot for her. LaRoo - that is one of the ugliest models I've seen and she has the mouth of a fish (the lips pull down instead of the jaw moving). Loved Koshini for the kids, but prefer Krystal in all honesty. And now Staci. The way I see it Staci, Krystal (all the k-family), Laroo, and Alexa are "cartoon" or comic. While Sara (both versions) and Girl are definitely more "caricature".

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

DominiqueB ( ) posted Wed, 25 August 2004 at 3:44 PM

IMHO GIRL is the prettiest and most expressive toon, and even if she has a little bigger hands than most they are very feminine. She also poses very well. Close second,the under appreciated Neftoon Gal, again adorable face, with great expression morphs, needs more clothing support though. I think the toon-anime fad is here to stay for a good while, while the 3d adepts will ooh and aah at a well done photorealistic render of V3, the general public would rather see the real thing. And nothing peaks your interest more than an expressive toon character, or even an exotic one, a character that is charming and has very little in common with your everyday world, hence the success of Toy Story, Nemo etc... and the failure of Final Fantasy, with realistic looking 3d actors who nevertheless, because of their wooden expressions and acting, failed to grab the viewers. People want to escape their doldrum, hence the success of fantasy stories and toons.

Dominique Digital Cats Media

Gareee ( ) posted Wed, 25 August 2004 at 4:10 PM

Well, Final Fantasy's story was REALLY lame, after their wonderful fantasy based games. Had they done a dramatic movie, with thier fantasy based characters, I'm sure they'd still be in business. Maybe they learned from that experience?

dolfijntjes ( ) posted Wed, 25 August 2004 at 7:30 PM

The Girl no doubt about it and many said it The Girl was first all the others including Alexa are made to compete with Kim Gossens Girl not the other way around

Blazerwiccan ( ) posted Wed, 25 August 2004 at 9:11 PM · edited Wed, 25 August 2004 at 9:12 PM

Well my two cents, I do not have the girl and does not look like I will be able to buy her anytime soon. But from what I have seen she has a beautiful face, but her hands, arms, and feet look like they are a bit off from the rest of her.

I have Sarsa, Koshini, Koshini 2 and Kiki, Krystal, Staci, Alexa and La Roo.

Sarsa is so cute and I love her face but her body is a bit off for me, Koshini, Koshini2 and Kiki I just love so much no complaints here, Krystal and Staci I have not used much yet but both seem very beautiful to me, Alexa I love her face, most of her body is pretty good, yes her abs are a bit off, as well as her shoulders, but when clothed she is not too bad, and La Roo she is ok but I do not care for her face much and I do not really use her much at all.

Message edited on: 08/25/2004 21:12

3-DArena ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2004 at 7:50 AM

In regards to Girls hands and feet - I should say that I have had great luck scaling them down by 90% and of couse Gareee has scaling poses in his Grrrl! package (sorry I haven't tried them yet but the morphs are fabulous)

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Riddokun ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2004 at 9:12 AM

i just wanted to mention that due to their look, it is EASIER to give some good expression to toon character's face, because you can exxagerate them and the like...

CrystalWizard ( ) posted Sat, 28 August 2004 at 6:23 PM

I personaly prefer Alexa over the Girl. They both have slight simularities, but Alexa's face and body is softer, more realistic while the Girl's is harsher...more doll like. Alexa also poses eaiser, without having to do any tweaking to the morph dials.

BECamation ( ) posted Sat, 28 August 2004 at 10:12 PM · edited Sat, 28 August 2004 at 10:14 PM

Wow interesting thread for sure. :) Howdy folks, Mark from 3DCommune here.

Lot's of fun points back and forth on this one. I don't persoanlly own the GIRL by Daz but she does look nice. Kim did a great job on her way back when she was first developed.

Alexa is our (3DCommune)'s first ever model besides our Bryce Woodies and we thought we did a pretty darn good job with her. Of course she's not perfect and for our first model ever we've very proud of her. She's done extrememly well since we've released her and she's still selling well as are all her clothing items and accessories. We still develop new things for her and we have a freebie of the week for her every week at 3DCommune.

If you notice Alexa comes with some killer items just as a base package for only 29.95! We felt that it was a first by adding so much in a base package for that price point.

Also we had many, many great artists and vendors that helped work on Alexa so it was really a group project by us. We had people like Nerd3D, Schlabber, Brycetech, Alexnest, FK Designs, TheRendering, CarolineG, ArtRO, Spanki and many, many others working on Alexa and her add-on's.

Daz has done a great job with GIRL's promotion and coming out with a nice set off add on's for her.

Here's a couple of Alexa images I've uploaded here in my gallery if you want to see a little more of her.

http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=BECamation

Really appreciate everyone's comments good or bad on this. :)

Just remember, no model is perfect for everyone and the more there is out there, the better for us all.

Mark

Message edited on: 08/28/2004 22:14

ivyroses ( ) posted Sat, 28 August 2004 at 11:44 PM

Attached Link: http://http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=747721

I like Alexa but the girl has become one of my favorate models to work with. She can be toonish but she can also be made to look realistic with a little dial twisting. I used the girl in the attatched link. The dead give away that its her is the upper lashes.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.