Sat, Sep 21, 9:10 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Where are my pictures?

SK2Design ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 5:50 PM · edited Thu, 16 September 2004 at 5:52 PM

ROTFLMAO @ gillbrooks That might not necessarily be too far fetched hon, by the looks of things. I also like paintgirl's suggestion and will clear my mailbox for all the incoming e-bots in support of it. ;) We might indeed see a migration to Runtime DNA and Poser Pros too! LOL

Message edited on: 09/16/2004 17:52

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 5:51 PM

Arse biscuits. One of my pics has been deleted, too. No warning message, no request to change it, nowt. Seems pretty fecking stupid, too. The contest was over some time ago. So, Mods and Admins, can I have my pic and comments back pretty please? Hey, I'll even take the word "contest" out of the title. But you can bet your collective arses that I'm gonna have a pic or several called "Contest" pretty damn soon.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

SK2Design ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 5:54 PM

ROTFL @ SamTherapy...funny, I had the same idea running through my mind. Either that, or refer to the word 'contest' as the 'c' word. :-/

Mock ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 5:55 PM

This is very unprofessional the contests were obviously being allowed theyve been going on for how long? Months? If the contests were against the TOS then why wasnt action taken immediately? Someone just decided, what today? (very unprofessional) How many people were participating? Way to go admin you just made all those people very unhappy. One basic rule of business is you dont want unhappy customers. And how exactly was the contests affecting normal operation? People post image every day how was this any different? I wasnt even participating in any of the contests but I know how Id feel if I had posted an image that received a large number of comments and then got deleted, Id want names. The community deserves some answers.

Bernado ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 5:55 PM

I have just sent an e-mail to the admins of this place. I suppose I will get banned. I don't mind. I probably will go elsewhere. So, if you don't hear from me in a while, look for me in a honest site.

BigKat70_ ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 5:55 PM

I say Boycout the Gallery. Load no images. Lets see what happens from there.

paintgirl ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 5:57 PM

Yeah, Lets Rename all of our Images CONTEST1, 2, Etc and let them have a great time deleting them. And whatever happened to the Customer is always right...

BigKat70_ ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 5:59 PM

Here Here paintgirl

adm5050 ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 5:59 PM

This is the reply I got from my first inquiry, when I had no idea what was going on. Instant Message from Shoshanna: Contests are no longer permitted to be held in the Poser galleries and must now work from contest pages. The admin have removed many contest entries because of this decision. Shoshanna. This is my reply: Archive of message sent to Shoshanna: The arbitrary manner in which the administration took action in this case is despicable. At one point the administration was pointing out all the contest in its newsletter. For months now this has been going on and then to delete postings without an explanation is unacceptable and definitly not a way to run a business. We should have our postings reposted along with the comments and view counts. With an apology extended to everyone that was affected. I am sure posters would not be adverse to a change in title to stay within these new guidelines that have been imposed without notification. Thank you A.D.

Bernado ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 5:59 PM

If you want to do a good boycott. Let's upload each one of us an image titled 'Contest' and don't buy anything from them in a month. Let's see how funny they think deleting images from other people without warning is.

geoegress ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 5:59 PM

Attached Link: http://rendervisions.com

Neomea and you other guys- don't forget http://rendervisions.com All the same stuff as here but smaller and more personal :) An Artist Community BY Artist We LIKE contest :)

Hawke ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:01 PM

If they don't want contests held in the gallery they should state it explcitly in the TOS and at least give people a chance to rename the images - and giving people who are hosting current contests warnings after what is in effect a change in site policy seems utterly ridiculous. Personally I think the people hosting the contests should be congratulated by the site hosts for not only motivating people to create some beautiful images but also buy lots of products from the marketplace in the process - I salute you all for your generosity and the inspiration you've given me. And how exactly is running a contest in the gallery 'interfering with normal operations of the community'? They are all just images with the word 'contest' in the title and if anything foster the community spirit of the site - I have made many great friends through the contests. I think it's also worth pointing out that as I spend about 3 hours a day surfing the galleries here having contests hosted there rather than in the forums is much more convenient from my (and probably most other users) points of view as I am unlikely to trawl the forums with the specific intention of finding something to enter - they are things you do on the spur of the momnent or because you saw another entry which inspired you, most people enter for the fun not because they are wanting to get something for free.

Lunaseas ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:01 PM

This stinks on ice...no warning nothing. I didn't get an ebot and my entry into the warrior contest was yanked. I was proud of that one. I like Renderosity, I like some of the people, there interesting conversations.....great stuff. However, crap like this has really got to stop. Sure you can have rules on here, but you have to inform people give them a chance to comply. Give them a reason something...this is rude, stupid and childish on some mod's part.

Bernado ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:01 PM

Wow! geogress, you're fast! If your site is working as fast as you I'm in!

Folded ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:02 PM

BTW Paintgirl, have you IMed/emailed back to the admin asking why the stuff is being removed days before the stated deadline? Did they slip into a time warp or something?

tynana ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:03 PM

Since I am fairly new to the Poser Gallerie, I thought these contests were a great way to meet new people and have fun. Never had a chance of winning any of them, but I did it for "FUN". I don't understand what's going on or why but I find myself starting to feel like I'm just here to buy stuff and it's not a place for artists or hobbyists, like myself. All I can say is that I enjoyed every contest I entered and I thank every person that started the contests. I think I'll be spending more time at RDNA. :(

Hawke ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:04 PM

Nice plug there geoegress :P

SophiaDeer ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:08 PM

This angers me to no end. Like us all, I worked damn hard on the contest images. I am livid over this.

Nancy Deer With Horns
Deer With Horns Native American Indian Site

ptrope ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:11 PM

Although I haven't participated in any of the contests on this site, I don't understand the reasoning behind these actions. The reason given, that they "affect the normal operations of the community," is vague at best; posting of images in the galleries IS the normal operation of this community, and nothing in the TOS states that contests are disallowed, or must be run according to specific rules or in specific areas of the community. Given this, I think it is an extreme reaction to arbitrarily remove images that do not otherwise violate the TOS, especially without warning or communication; I'm certain that most of the participants and even hosts of these contests had no idea that the contests would or even could be construed as a violation of the R'Osity TOS.

Certainly, in the case where images violate the TOS, or infringe upon copyrights, there should be appropriate responses; there are a number of non-contest images that could be construed as violating copyrights, but I don't see that fans creating images of their favorite comic, fantasy or science fiction characters or scenarios warrants a draconian response; as insipid and poorly-designed as the DMCA may be, I don't believe even it was ever intended to completely stifle any sort of fan participation.

Worst of all, issuing warnings to participants when there is no sound reasoning nor support offered - and I don't believe the quoted portion of the TOS is either specific or applicable to this event - is a far worse disruption to the "normal operations of the community." The community is its members; they should be encouraged to participate and to communicate, and if there is an unstated reason behind this sort of arbitrary behavior, it should be revealed before these types of actions ever start, let alone before they get out of hand, as they seem to have done already. I have no doubt that a legitimate, stated reason for the need to close down contests in the galleries would be accepted by "the community" without needing to resort to unilateral alienation. I, personally, enjoy this community and find this a severe blow to the very reasons why so many of us wish to be a part of it.

paintgirl ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:11 PM

Ok I am so mad.. I know I said this but it fries my beans..
You have until Monday 9am CST (server time) to notify the members that participated that the contest was not setup properly through Renderosity and the images should to be removed. If you do not notify them by that time, I will. Images that do not have TOS, copyright or trademake violations will be allowed to stay; however, no prizes can be awarded. Thanks, Jenifer Keeling =Big liar Renderosity Admin & Copyright Agent

geoegress ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:12 PM

lol thanks- I'm running my own contest at this very minute there :) Great rules too- old pics or new- "Time for a Change" :) Hell- I don't even care if they are currently posted anywhere else- lol New contest we should have; "How many way can RR shoot themselfs in the foot Contest" lol- only one prize- a booby prize- giggles :)

adm5050 ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:13 PM

Ya know what gets me most about all this is respect, they had no respect for US posters. We just a friggen number on a page to them. Will be a cold day in hades before I spend another penny here. When the merchants that rely on this for a good part of their income start losing money, maybe the ADMIN. will see the writing on the wall.

shamanka ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:14 PM

Well, I had one get nabbed so far. Quickly changed the rest. rolls eyes This is severely screwed up. A warning would have been nice so we could changed the names and what's this? How in the world does a contest screw up their normal operations????? Well, I just made four little screenshots just in case it gets changed. Anyone want them? ;)

My Store My Free Stuff My Site

slinger ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:15 PM

Attached Link: http://www.planit3d.com/index.htm

Contests are BAD. Contests bring people together like in a ...what's the word...oh yeah, community. Stop yer bawling and lets all go out and burn some books. Who's with me? ~rofl~ We got galleries, and we got friendly mods and admins over at planIt 3d if anyone wants to sponsor a contest or three. If there's enough interest I dare say we can set up a whole new gallery for the sole purpose of hosting contest images.

The liver is evil - It must be punished.

1010 ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:16 PM

Well I thought it was Thursday, I must have slept right through the week end, for it to be Monday already. Wow, can it get any worse? They didn't give any of us a chance to change the titles, now everything is gone, POOF!!! Talk about sucky!!!!!

http://creationsbydawn.net

BigKat70_ ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:17 PM

This really isn't fair to either of us. The people who entered the contest and also to the people who are hosting them. It was a great why to motivate everyone into joining and to hone in on ones skills and expand the skills you have. I know I have no chance in winning any of the contest thats not the point, the point in the contest is what I stated. To advance and learn more to better yourselves in the art world. I have had loads of fun entering these contest. Its been a great experience for me as a person who loves to learn to improve on themselves. Someone please explain to me WHY we were not notified and where is it noted that it is wrong to be holding these contest. Why would a company discourage anyone from holding a contest, where they are gonna give you prizes or GC's out of their pockets? Isn't that a way for this company to make more money? Just my opinions.

Folded ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:18 PM

Just sent of a polite message to jenyk (admin mentioned above) asking if there was some urgent reason for this action (also outlining why it wasn't apparent to me that contest were disallowed and that the action seems extreme). Don't know what I'll get back.

paintgirl ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:18 PM

Yes I did send a respons back to JENNY KEELING.. SHe has not responded. Here was my letter to her... Gallery Contest removed (Sent 9/16 15:04) [Reply] [Reply & Delete] [Unarchive] [Delete] Archive of message sent to JenyK: Hi Jenifer, I asked all the other people running contest here and they said that they did not contact anyone about running a contest. Also I thought since you guys have the comic book challenge contest that it would be ok. I work in the comics and animation industry and am pretty sure that this contest does not violate copy right, since it is not being sold or reproduced. I also said inspired and resemble the character, not be exactly like. But either way I can change the rules and subject of the contest. If you could show me where the rules are for having a contest, then I be happy to comply with them. Like I said many people hold contest and I asked around and no one had arranged anything with Renderosity. If you would please let me know where or how to properly set up a contest I will be happy to do so. Thanks you, Elizabeth

Hisminky ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:24 PM

Yep, its September. Ah... the smell of Fall in the air...

Robo2010 ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:29 PM · edited Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:32 PM

Are they reading this thread? Will they (Admin) respond here?

Message edited on: 09/16/2004 18:31

Message edited on: 09/16/2004 18:32

Hawke ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:30 PM

I don't think they can really miss it - takes up most of the page :P

SK2Design ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:30 PM

Thanks so much for the link geoegress! I've already registered. :) slinger, I'm now on my way to planit3d, so thank you so much as well! :) Contests/contest images cause disruption? How so? I don't get to post anymore than one picture per day either way, so...?

tynana ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:31 PM

I think everyone should just browse on over to planit3d. Thanks slinger!! How can these contests upset normal operations when I can only upload one pic a day? I'm lucky if I get one up a week! There are some great merchants here but I won't buy anything else from Rosity, so I hope the merchants have somewhere else I can buy! The attitude about the contests is way over the top in my opinion.

DunjeonProductions ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:37 PM

Hmmmm... anyone wanna take bets on if they lock this thread or not... lol

Shoshanna ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:37 PM

Just so you know. ANYONE can ask to have a contest set up on contest pages. Just send me an im and I can get a page set up for you. If you are a merchant here, you can post the request in the Merchant Contest Forum. Don't bin your entries to contests that have disappeared, you may find them turning up on contest pages soon. I will request that the admin respond to this thread. Shoshanna.

geoegress ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:37 PM

Attached Link: http://rendervisions.com

Yup tynana- I also sell at http://rendervisions.com for a far better cut- which means I lowered my prices a little bit. I'll probably get a warning again for saying this here from ClintH- but so be it! It is true.

FlyByNight ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:39 PM

I feel the same as everyone else although I was fortunate enough to get into my gallery and put up the proper titles to my contest entries before they were yanked. This is totally uncalled for and, as tynana has said, way over the top. The contests were a great way to bring us together, to see and learn from all the artists, and to enjoy the spirit of the challenge. I never entered just to try and win. I was challenged in a new and exciting way and not only did some of my best work but also got a lot of enjoyment out of participating. I won't be buying from here for quite some time so I, too, hope merchants that I like to buy from have other places to sell. And I will be joining in at the other sites posted here. A pretty sad way to run a community.

FlyByNight

prog ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:41 PM

Well, I am really upset about this. I thought we were doing something nice and fun for everyone. I can't believe this. How in the world are we supposed to know about an unstated policy, that even the Mods were not aware of? I'm shocked at the total lack of respect it must take to issue someone a "warning" on their "record" over a secret policy that is not stated in the TOS. I've had my 2 personal favorite images removed. On the FCC image, 195 kind people had taken the time to leave a comment. For our H & H contest, I decided on giving away a $100 gift certificate to the RENDEROSITY market place, because that's about what I've made in my little store, and I though it would be nice to give something back to the community. Meanwhile, my images were being removed. Once again, I'm sorry to those of you who went to the effort to post an image in the contest.

Zephre ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:42 PM

As one of the merchents donating a prize to one of the contest, I feel cheated. My sales and wishlist hits went up the day the contest was posted. I don't see how this benifits anyone here by removing contest. I have a feeling that If the Prizes for the Contests were gift certifacates, there would not have been a problem. Donation of prizes as many of us were doing makes them no money, other than the INCREASED SALES TO THE MERCAHNTS WHOS PRODUCTS WHERE HIGHLIGHTED IN THE CONTEST, WHICH RENDEROSITY GETS A PORTION OF!! Granted, the Images that were deleted are still in our Hard drives, or Zip Disks, Or whatever and Can be Reposted with another name, and they will get Commented on again...which may be the mindset of the Powers thaa Be, But its Inexcusable that they did so in such an underhanded fasion as to say to those who's contest were deleted that they had until Monday to inform their entrants, and then go behind their backs and do so four days earlier. ANd lets talk about the comments on the Images removed. Many of the artist here live for thier comments. Elated by an Excellent, and now thats been stripped away like a badge from a disgrased soldier. HOW DARE THEY REMOVE THE IMAGES!!! GET YOUR TORCHES!!! ANGRY MOB!!!! Zephre

meekinsdh ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:45 PM

You know folks, a lot of people just lost everything they had and also "died" in two hurricanes and there's a third on the way. Don't you think everyone should really take a look at the larger picture in life and not get so upset over some lost images and a contest??

Hawke ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:48 PM

It was nice and it was fun Prog and I think everyone here feels the same way and appreciates very much the effort people organising the contests have put in and the community spirit it engenders. I only lost one image (my most commented one too) and am so angry I've stayed up to 1am to keep an eye on how this thread is progressing.

paintgirl ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:49 PM

meekinsdh that is a really tacky thing to say. Of course we all care about what else is going on in the world. I have friends and family in FL. I still care about them and this too.

JVRenderer ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:49 PM

I thought dufflebagism is dead. Apparently they still teach it here. DON'T ASK!!! I am mad beyond words.............. I need to go see my therapist.

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

paintgirl ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:50 PM

Oh funny stuff JVRenderer..LOL

bardobedlam ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:52 PM

I think I know why the High Holy A** H**** are against Unofficial contests. The Unofficial conts have more entries then the "official" ones. svdl's contest only has 20 entries, the Digital comics contest has one entry. The Poser Forum contest also has about 20 entries. They canot stand the competition! Also Paintgirl should get them to shut down the Official Digital Comics Contest since from the wording of her letter as soon as Batman or some other copyrighted character turns up there own contest is in violation of the TOS. It's to bad they can't see that these contests or good for business. I have made purchases from here because of the contests. Off to visit Rendervision.

paintgirl ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:54 PM

Still no word back from Jenny K. I guess she must be busy deleting images still..sighhhhhhhhhh

SophiaDeer ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:55 PM

You bring up a commendable point, meekinsdh, however, the actions of Renderosity in regards how they handled the contest were puerile to say the least. Can you blame people for getting irate over this? Of course it does not reach the same magnitude of the disasters and tragedies in the world...no one said it did.. but we have every right to be indignant over this and to vent out feelings.

Nancy Deer With Horns
Deer With Horns Native American Indian Site

GladysClump ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:55 PM

meekinsdh, Um that's comparing apples and oranges I think...I think everyone sympathizes with those who have suffered loss in the storms....and yes, losing the comments was upsetting, but I think what everyone's most upset about is the treatment we've received. Being punished for unwritten rules is not fair. It's like if you drove to work tomorrow, and got a ticket for not wearing safety goggles, when there was no written law stating that you should wear goggles in the first place.

slinger ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:57 PM

I thought dufflebagism is dead.<< Now there's a blast from the past JVR ;)

The liver is evil - It must be punished.

Hawke ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 6:58 PM

meekinsdh: So your actually saying that because I am upset that my image was removed I am showing disrespect towards people who are suffering as a result of disaters around the globe? I think people are mature enough to be able to prioratze their various problems in life and how they relate to the 'bigger-picture' and even comparing the two in that manner is utterly ridiculous.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.