Sun, Sep 22, 6:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:54 am)

Subject: DAZ|Studio and the "geometries" folder...

guy_david ( ) posted Mon, 20 September 2004 at 3:27 AM ยท edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 7:44 AM

I've had this problem since I first installed Studio: When I import a cr2 model from the "libraries" folder, it never finds the corresponding obj file from the "geometries" folder, and I have to look for it manually. It does give me the correct path for the obj, and that's how I locate it (all the files are actually where they are supposed to be), but it's time consuming and I don't think that was the intention of DAZ. Some technical information: I use a dual processor G5 Mac. The "Runtime" folder is on my "Macintosh HD" and I don't have any version of Poser. I use DAZ|Studio 0.9.7.0.

casey_42 ( ) posted Mon, 20 September 2004 at 5:37 AM

Don't use MAC so I can't be much help, might try the latest build and see if that helps.

guy_david ( ) posted Mon, 20 September 2004 at 6:02 AM

DAZ|Studio 0.9.7.0 is the latest build. Thanks anyway :)

Jcleaver ( ) posted Mon, 20 September 2004 at 7:46 AM

Actually, the latest build is 0.9.7.8, they released a slightly newer version within days of the 0.9.7.0 release.

guy_david ( ) posted Mon, 20 September 2004 at 7:51 AM

Thanks - I should check this out.

guy_david ( ) posted Mon, 20 September 2004 at 8:15 AM

OK - I downloaded 0.9.7.8 and installed it. The "geometries" folder problem still persists. Did anyone else encounter this problem? Could it be because I don't have a Poser folder? What am I not doing right?

whattawa ( ) posted Mon, 20 September 2004 at 10:10 AM

Maybe the poser content directory isn't set up. Did you make sure that the poser content was set up as a Poser content directory instead of a studio content directory? Also, I believe you have to select the folder that contains the Runtime, not the actual Runtime itself.

guy_david ( ) posted Mon, 20 September 2004 at 10:22 AM

Thanks Whattawa. It turns out I selected the Runtime folder. It works fine now :)

whattawa ( ) posted Mon, 20 September 2004 at 2:52 PM

Cool.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.