Tue, Sep 24, 5:16 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: CR2's and OBJ's how to seperate them?

Khai ( ) posted Mon, 20 September 2004 at 4:25 PM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 10:48 PM

I have a model that I made in tS, mapped and brought in section by section. I parent it then I can make new figure... but... I need the OBJ seperate from the Cr2. Now I figure I export the model from Poser as OBJ keeping the grouping intact, then edit the Cr2 to point to the OBJ. in the CR2 what do I need to remove, add and edit for this to work? can anyone point me to a tute? is Morphworld's tute on doing this for props the same for Cr2's? anyhelp is apprecated! (ps - be gentle.. this is my first time doing this!)

sicowan ( ) posted Tue, 21 September 2004 at 9:37 AM

Hi Khai,

I was surfing about and saw your post and luckily I was just looking at this one previously-

http://hometown.aol.com/visualranger/eg-tut.html

I just did this recently with a multi part prop I created, It was easy enough using a CR2 editor (I use CR2Editor02k) to simply cut the geometry info from the CR2, paste it into a txt file and resave the txt file as an obj file to the correct location (minus the braces( ) (note not a smilie).

There are a couple of lines of code you need to replace the geom with I think they are-

storageOffset 0 0.3487 0
and
:Runtime:Geometries:props:whateverthefileis.obj

make sure you have no stray braces ( )

Hope for all the more experienced CR2 wranglers this sounds ok.

Cheers,

Simon.

Khai ( ) posted Tue, 21 September 2004 at 1:01 PM

thanks Sicowan! thats excatly what I was looking for :) everything I had found assumed that the OBJ information had been stripped out already :/ thanks again!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.