Mon, Sep 9, 6:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Does anyone really uses the dynamic hair of P5 ?

Holli ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2004 at 5:42 AM · edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 5:39 AM

Attached Link: http://www.atomic-knights.de

Does anyone really uses the dynamic hair of P5 ? I spend many hours but I never reached anything that looked like human hair. (Make the hair green and you get a wonderful grass generator.) I will not use this new feature in the near future. There is a lot of standart hair in the freestuff and the store.

PandaPride ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2004 at 6:56 AM

nope, to be honest with you i'm not real big on that hair. I've got quite a bit collection of other hair and it works just fine lol --Essie

GladysClump ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2004 at 7:12 AM

I use it fairly often, I like it. I've also used it for things other than hair... like grass, and broom straw.

Carcinogen ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2004 at 7:29 AM

I have not experimented with the hair myself, but in most renders I see, it looks like spun fiberglass. It's just a bit too glassy, thick an shiny looking.

stewer ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2004 at 7:49 AM · edited Thu, 23 September 2004 at 7:51 AM

file_130213.jpg

Didn't you see Neftis cat that was posted recently? You missed somehting. Go see it now: [neftis cat](http://www.curiouslabs.com/imagecatalogue/customimageview/2465/)

RDNA has some good P5 hair styles:
http://www.runtimedna.com/catalog.ez?ShowProduct=MM%2D016
http://www.runtimedna.com/catalog.ez?ShowProduct=MM%2D018

Plus there would be a few things I did - non-human, mostly, like the rat above.

Message edited on: 09/23/2004 07:51

stewer ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2004 at 7:52 AM

file_130214.jpg

a furry furette

stewer ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2004 at 7:54 AM

file_130215.jpg

haircut and eyebrows

stewer ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2004 at 7:55 AM

file_130217.jpg

OK, here's some human hair - that's one of the default styles that ship with P5.

noboundariez ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2004 at 8:11 AM

Hey stewer that Don render looks super cool! can you post a big version? thanks

neilp ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2004 at 9:35 AM

I don't know if people are using it but they are sure buying it from my store.

Connatic ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2004 at 9:55 AM

I use it. I have a neilp product and using it helped me get an understanding of the basics.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2004 at 10:45 AM

I use the Hair Room. Though not as well as Stewer!

It does tend to look a bit wiry. You can tweak the render settings, though, and get it looking much better.

I use it because sometimes, your character is in a pose that conforming hair just can't handle. (Hanging upside down, say.) And sometimes I add a few locks of dynamic hair to a hair prop, to give a little more life and motion. It's also very handy to add a realistic-looking mane and tail to the Poser horse.

Someone posted a really cool animation using dynamic hair a few weeks ago. He said he was going to post a tutorial, but I don't know if he ever did.

mplogue ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2004 at 11:52 AM

file_130218.jpg

Used it to get fine hairs on arms.

DigitalVixxen ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2004 at 1:00 PM

I don't like it.. it usually looks like badly burned hair to me.. or hair that's been damaged in a sandstorm. But looking at these pictures you guys have done some great things with it! Love the arm hair!!

kirwyn ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2004 at 2:39 PM

file_130219.jpg

Yes, I use it more and more. If properly set up for animation, it can be quite effective. I hope this short clip shows what can be achieved.

Connatic ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2004 at 3:06 PM

Nice demonstration!

Berserga ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2004 at 3:20 PM

I've used RDNA's free Modern Bob in both stills and animation. The biggest pain with P5 hair is that Collision detection is messed up. Otherwise if you throw out the hair material and make your own, and are careful in how you pose so that the hair won't go thru anything, It's great.

kirwyn ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2004 at 4:02 PM

Most of the Dynamic Hair that is offered for free, or for sale, is so huge in size, that it can be very hard, if not impossible to work with. Not only does it take longer to render but in so many cases, it is impossible to simulate using collision detection. The above animation consists of a hair and skull cap that total 384 kb's. Because of this, it is quite workable, and collision detection does indeed work. I have seen it said that if one decides to model clothes for Poser, that the mesh should be made as simple as possible. The same advice also holds true for Dynamic Hair.

Dale B ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2004 at 9:18 PM

Use it more and more. As with the dynamic cloth, we're at the watershed; nobody really did squat with transmaps in P4 until Kozaburo struck with that first incredible hair piece. After that, people started playing. Enough people have P5 that they are starting to experiment, and find out the mindset needed to use them properly (the fact that dynamic hair behaves better the -fewer- polys involved, for example, when logic would seem to dictate just the opposite).

mickmca ( ) posted Sat, 25 September 2004 at 8:05 AM

ONe key with Dynamic Hair, if you are not working with great closeups like Stewer's is to use it to add accent and detail to "regular hair." And a loose lock to a 'do to give in reality, or some fringe, or bangs. That economy cuts down the resource requirements. Think of it as "bang for the buck"....

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 25 September 2004 at 8:09 AM

Awhile back, someone asked about low-res skullcaps. He said dynamic hair would work better with really low-res skullcaps, because of the way the Hair Room handles polygons. Anyone try it?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.