Sun, Oct 6, 8:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Noob question about Poser 5 lips

Warangel ( ) posted Sun, 26 September 2004 at 12:38 PM ยท edited Thu, 12 September 2024 at 2:38 PM

Been trying everything I can for the last few days to figure out how to make nice lips on Victoria 3. It is eluding me. Does anyone have a mini tutorial, a link to a tutorial, or some time for personal help? I get a ring around the lips of my model, and even the lips on top of that just don't look real. I really want real looking lips like I see on so many images here. Thanks.

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 26 September 2004 at 1:24 PM

Are you trying to make your own texture map? Or are you just having trouble applying DAZ's textures?

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 26 September 2004 at 2:51 PM

Some textures do have the lips done wrong, there was one I saw recently for the girl and the lipstick was out of line with the lips.

PabloS ( ) posted Sun, 26 September 2004 at 3:40 PM

Attached Link: http://www.enmeshed.com/shadermagic/archives/000220.html

assuming the textures are right, here's a tut on P5 shader node enhancments.

Warangel ( ) posted Mon, 27 September 2004 at 1:02 PM

Ok, had some help from JV on the forum, and followed this tutorial. They are looking much better. Part of it was the texture I had for this model weren't lining up properly, and the other part is realistic bump/shine. This tutorial is awesome. Thank you.

face_off ( ) posted Mon, 27 September 2004 at 4:54 PM

Couple of things I've found on lips..... 1) If the lips are /slightly/ appart, make the gums and teeth transparent. That stops any rendering artifacts appearing. See my Agghhh image for a bad example of this. 2) Create a transmap for the lips (use the head bumpmap as the base). Make the lips white, and everything else black. Play around with fluzzying the border b/n black and white. Use this transmap as a mask for glossiness (or ansiotopic) specularity. To do this, plug the transmap into the spec colour of the glossiness node, and plug the glossiness node into the alt spec slot. There are a few examples of this around, and the result is outstanding. See my "Something on her mind" gallery image for a close-up.

Creator of PoserPhysics
Creator of OctaneRender for Poser
Blog
Facebook

Warangel ( ) posted Tue, 28 September 2004 at 7:04 AM

I tried that tutorial. Seemed to do some good. Still having issues making the lips look believable, but I think that might be fading the texture properly? I posted a N'Varra Wren image, if anyone wants to take a look and offer some advice. Thanks.

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 28 September 2004 at 3:48 PM

The lips look a bit plastic in your N`varra wren image, you could try using a higher specular number and see if that works, a specular map would be another option.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.