Sat, Sep 21, 6:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Remapping P4Male causes MT's to EXPLODE. Why?

JanP ( ) posted Tue, 21 November 2000 at 1:53 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:40 AM

So I gave the Poser Dork a spherical UV for his head only. then when I apply morph targets or just change is MT's using the dials, they explode and cuse other unrelated parts of the head to break up. Why is this happening? Anybody know? JanP

steveshanks ( ) posted Tue, 21 November 2000 at 2:28 PM

where did you remap it was it uvmapper or another 3d app?...Steve

JanP ( ) posted Tue, 21 November 2000 at 9:11 PM

I used UVmapper. What can you tell me?

JanP ( ) posted Tue, 21 November 2000 at 9:14 PM

Actually this is what happened. I applied morph targets to the dork. Then I spawned the morph. Saved the figure as an object. Remapped head. then reloaded as a characterfile by cut and pasting the p4male cr2 file. then when I go to apply my MT, his whole face explodes. Guess I'll not make my own spawned MT. But can you tell me why this occured?

bloodsong ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2000 at 8:46 AM

heyas; somewhere, somehow, some way in there, the order of the head vertices got written out different than the original had been. point #1 was, say, on the tip of the nose, but when the obj got written out, point #1 ended up being, say, the tip of the left ear. so a morph target to move the tip of the nose back is gonna move the left ear back, and... everything is just gonna not know where to go. i don't know where or why this occurred. you should have been able to export the figure from poser, mess with it in uvmapper, and have all the vertices in the correct order. the only thing i can think of is, maybe you did an obj export option you shouldn't have (or didn't do one you should) (i dunno, weld, maybe?). or, if you use the grouping tool on the head, it is possible that the new groups caused the vertex order to be written out differently.

JanP ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2000 at 8:56 AM

file_137823.jpg

Ok ignore my last post with my explaination. I was wrong. I exported the P4male. Loaded into UVMApper and remapped the head with a spherical UV. Then loaded back into Poser as a cr2 file. Then tried to apply the goatee MT to him and also tried to manipulate his original MT dilas and I get the expleded image you see. Don't mind the texture its just a WIP of me.

JanP ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2000 at 8:59 AM

Hey, thanks bloodsong. I'll take note of what you wrote I'll Star completely over and see what comes out

JanP ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2000 at 2:50 PM

Here is some new info on my second try. This time I exported the P4dork from poser in his default position. I imported him into UVMAPPER. I spherically mapped the head and then repositioned the Lips, tongue, innermouth,eyelashes and teeth so they would be texturable. Note that I selected a spherized the head as a groups. I did not select the skin material since its associated with the whole body and I did not want to spherized the whole body. Anyway now all the MT's original to the dork work perfectly but any 3rd party MT's do not. Instead of his head breaking into peices, his head just moves backwards like the origin was out of place. The MT of the gotee does form though. I then went into the joint editor and re aligned all the axis to be exactly like the P4dorks head. Also when I created the Cr2, all I did was replace the orignal object name with mine. does the "bl" part of the dorks geomatry mean something special other than just part of the file name? When my guy loads he is not in the exact same position. his dead center x,y,z is different from the poser dorks. Also I tried to animate just for the hell of it. His legs sprout webbing when he walks. his hands distort horendously. All this because of a remapped head? I am about to throw in the towel if I can't figure this out soon.

bloodsong ( ) posted Thu, 23 November 2000 at 11:03 AM

heyas; don't export the figure from poser; use the original obj file that comes in the geometries folders. that's like poser rule #42 or something ;) if you have to export the obj from poser -- you mentioned you wanted to apply morph targets and have them as your new standard geometry, for example -- remember these rules: turn off ik. zero the figure (use the jp window and hit the 'zero figure button a couple of times, just to make sure.) move the BODY to 0,0,0 move the HIP to 0,0,0 the reason the morph targets 'migrate' the head forward is because by default, the poser figure is a few units forward in the universe. when you export the figure in that spot, the vertices have new coordinates. when you try to apply morph targets, they are using the old location for their starting point, and so are behind the head. another note: be careful using 'export as morph target.' there is a way to get it to work with the whole body, but i forget how (turning off welding, maybe). export as morph target will not only zero any position, but it will also reset scaling and zero out any applied morphs. best to stick with the old method, outlined above. :) ps: i think you're doing good. usually when you point the male cr2 to a new obj figure, nothing works or even appears but the hip, and maybe the genitalia.

JanP ( ) posted Thu, 23 November 2000 at 5:25 PM

Again thanks bloodsong. Very helpful information. You know, I had thought that I probably should have zeroed the figure. I hadn't thought of using the actual figure. But only because in the past when I tried loading the Poser default objects from their folders to TrueSpace, TrueSpace always crashed. I thought maybe they were somehow Poser Specific until exported. Hopefully, I'll have something in a few days to get opinions. Happy Turkey Day! Or if your a vegitarian. Happy Veggie Day! LOL JanP

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.