Fri, Sep 27, 2:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 27 2:16 pm)

Subject: Anyone ever get to Poserstyle

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 11:19 AM ยท edited Fri, 27 September 2024 at 2:22 PM

or get a reply from them to find out what's up? Marque

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 11:36 AM

hmmm..went through the database, and it's not listed..knew I had it before, so it may have '404d' on me..sad to say, a lot of really good sites dissapear on a regular basis..download while you can...

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 11:49 AM

I gave up on them over a year ago. Their reliability has not improved since then.

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 11:59 AM

Pakled it is probably just a temporary error, I was there about a week ago and there was no mention of them shutting down.

fauve ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 12:04 PM

It's been five days now, and no, I still can't get to them. Pakled, they are a pay site, which is why people are upset. We've paid Poserstyle money for subscriptions. Has anyone heard from Sting, Will, etc with an explanation for this? I've sent emails but have heard nothing back.

aeilkema ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 12:17 PM

Last time I was there was on Thursday. They know their costumers complaints, but they hardly ever reply to them or do anything about the issues brought up. Very unfortunaty. I'm probably will not renew my subscriptions once it expires. This due to bad service.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 12:22 PM

I wonder if it's due to weather? They may be knocked out completely due to the storms back there. Heard there were a lot of folks with no electricity. Marque

Beady ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 12:45 PM

The site was definately up on Thursday, because I signed up. I've not heard anything since and I can't get into the site. Did I make a mistake?

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 3:38 PM

Unfortunately, I think you did make a big mistake. See if you can get your money back.

libernull ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 8:31 PM

While I'm not impressed with Poserstyle at all, having recently signed up (about a week and a half ago) I will say that it was definitely worth the initial $30 to get all the available content. I will not resign up again until there is enough new content that I am interested in to justify it, however. And, more than likely, it will be gone by that time - since the only person on the Poserstyle team who seems to give a shit about communicating with the playing customers is Sting. And, Sting is the site admin, and has nothing to do with content or complaints (tho he tries).

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 9:18 PM

Yes he does, he can only do what he can do though, it's up to the others to create the content. For some reason he gets good folks in and then they leave shortly thereafter. Wondering if Xurge is still with him. Marque

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 9:28 PM

well..that happens sometimes..I save all the '404's in another database, but experience in the past has been that once they're gone, they're gone..but if they come back, I might put 'em up again..reminds me..
NOTE- these are the Poser sites I have found..just download, copy into your browser, and have at it..NOTE 2- some of these sites are not for kids..coming up in a sec.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

TigerD ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 11:03 PM

I had problems signing up, but Sting hadf been evacuated being within the Hurricane Ivan area. He has since contacted me and everything is OK as far as I know. Try emailing the site.

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 11:32 PM

Maybe they can use the Hurricanes as an excuse this time. But what about the past year or two?

artistheat ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 1:47 PM

Okay..I'm glad to find out I'm not the only one with this problem...signed up about 2 weeks ago...I also will not sign up again....even if they had a problem with the storm..they should possibly think of having a back up site with someone who's not in the same area...That way they could contact customers and not have so many piss off at them.....But that only happens in a perfect world...LOL..

Lyrra ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 3:25 PM

Poserstyle has some excellent content and excellent artists. But they sure don't get five stars for customer service :P Since sting took over the site at least its not getting hacked every other week. I got a subscription when the fist started, and another one recently just to catch up on the content, since they have some excellent scifi stuff. Can't say I'm too happy with the silly robot theme recently .. but I'm patient. Maybe they'll come up with something neat before this subscription dies on me. Get another subscription? maybe in a year or so if they make it that long shrug its really tempting to go ask them if they want a part-time texturist ..but I think that would be conflict of interest or something. Lyrra

aeilkema ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 3:34 PM

Lyrra, don't tell me Steve allows you any free time. That would be something to complain to him about :P By the way I did like the robot, well at least the male one. Didn't really like the 2 last releases, but that's because I've got no use for them. Every one has a different use for Poser and a different taste. But the Poserstyle team could do with some more artists of any sort really, I've suggested that to them also a couple of times. Might make the releases a bit more reliable.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 5:32 PM

Just tried and got 'poserstyle.com cannot be found. Please check the name and try again." They need a RELIABLE host with a first or second tier connection, not this 'friend of a friend' hamster driven setup they appear to have now

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

Lyrra ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 6:05 PM

aeilkema thats why I said parttime .. I have a few free hours here and there that I don't need for silly things like sleeping 0.0 I really should be working on my graphic novel but I'm stuck on the plot right now :P I'm sure that there are people who like the MIME robots .. they're just not to my taste. Too humaniform ... I'm looking for more mechanical type bots, not droids. They had RenapD for a brief while .. but she moved on again. They haven't had a dedicated texturist for a while as far as I know. And I think it would be kind of rude of me to try for two of the Poser Texture artist jobs when I have one already :) someone else deserves a job yanno? not like theres a lot out there. And not that I'm assuming PS would have me anyways. Lyrra

artistheat ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2004 at 7:06 AM

I send a Email to Poserstyle and this is what I received: This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY. YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE. Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed. Not sure what this all means...Could he have some serious problems with his comp or was he abducted by Aliens..lol

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2004 at 10:51 AM

It means that Poserstyle is pining for the fjords... Hurricane season, remember.

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2004 at 2:08 PM

Is PoserStyle based in Florida? Have they had hurricanes every day for the past year or two? They've been extremely unreliable from the beginning. I like to support Poser artists or businesses as much as the next guy, but they need to be able to do the job.

sting ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2004 at 11:12 PM

Hey gang - I just thought tonight to check here. Forgot I actually had an account here. Unfortunately I am as in the dark as you are as to what has happened. I have tried contacting Will everyday for the past week with no response. (IM and Phone messages, etc.)

I honestly don't know what to tell you. I was indeed evac'd for Ivan, but PoserStyle is up north, way north of where I am so no hurricane should be the cause of all this.

If I hear from Will I will contact you or post here. Those of you who need to vent, feel free to do so at my alternate email - sting at nukehaven dot net. Just keep in mind I have no control over the site itself, money, or content. LOL. I just keep the place running whilst I can access it, and try to answer as many questions as possible.

Regards,
-sting

aeilkema ( ) posted Wed, 06 October 2004 at 1:12 AM

That's a bad situation, even the webmaster can't get to it now. I really feel sorry for you, you get all the vents, blame, rants, and such and your just trying to do your best. I always have thought it strange that the owner of PS is so unreachable. Well I'll hope nothing bad happened to him and everything will come back soon or later.

Food for thought.....

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Wed, 06 October 2004 at 2:37 AM

Did a DNS lookup and came up with the following, unedited, direct copy right off the results page. WHOIS results for poserstyle.com Generated by www.DNSstuff.com I was referred to whois.gandi.net; I'm looking it up there. % GANDI Registrar whois database for .COM, .NET, .ORG., .INFO, .BIZ, .NAME % % Access and use restricted pursuant to French law on personal data. % Copy of whole or part of the data without permission from GANDI % is strictly forbidden. % The sole owner of a domain is the entity described in the relevant % 'domain:' record. % Domain ownership disputes should be settled using ICANN's Uniform Dispute % Resolution Policy: http://www.icann.org/udrp/udrp.htm % % Acces et utilisation soumis a la legislation francaise sur % les donnees personnelles. % Copie de tout ou partie de la base interdite sans autorisation de GANDI. % Le possesseur d'un domaine est l'entite decrite dans % l'enregistrement 'domain:' correspondant. % Un desaccord sur la possession d'un nom de domaine peut etre resolu % en suivant la Uniform Dispute Resolution Policy de l'ICANN: % http://www.icann.org/udrp/udrp.htm % % Date: 2004/10/06 09:31:14 domain: POSERSTYLE.COM owner-address: David Renault owner-address: 3, rue Auguste Pelet owner-address: 30000 owner-address: Nes owner-address: France admin-c: DR435-GANDI tech-c: DR435-GANDI bill-c: DR435-GANDI nserver: ns1.pstyleserver.com 209.120.239.220 nserver: ns2.pstyleserver.com 209.120.239.221 reg_created: 2002-02-27 16:46:53 expires: 2005-02-27 16:46:53 created: 2002-02-27 22:46:54 changed: 2004-03-01 09:18:14 person: David Renault nic-hdl: DR435-GANDI address: 3, rue Auguste Pelet address: 30000 address: Nes address: France phone: +33 0466673225 e-mail: joelegecko@wanadoo.fr

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Wed, 06 October 2004 at 2:44 AM

Here's the WHOIS Report on http://64.191.53.128 (last known address I have for ps WHOIS results for 64.191.53.128 Generated by www.DNSstuff.com Country: UNITED STATES NOTE: More information appears to be available at SMA4-ARIN. Using 0 day old cached answer (or, you can get fresh results). Displaying E-mail address (use sparingly -- this will make it more likely that you will trigger our rate limiting system). OrgName: Network Operations Center Inc. OrgID: NOC Address: PO Box 591 City: Scranton StateProv: PA PostalCode: 18501-0591 Country: US NetRange: 64.191.0.0 - 64.191.127.255 CIDR: 64.191.0.0/17 NetName: HOSTNOC-3BLK NetHandle: NET-64-191-0-0-1 Parent: NET-64-0-0-0-0 NetType: Direct Allocation NameServer: NS1.HOSTNOC.NET NameServer: NS2.HOSTNOC.NET Comment: ADDRESSES WITHIN THIS BLOCK ARE NON-PORTABLE RegDate: 2002-05-31 Updated: 2003-08-08 TechHandle: SMA4-ARIN TechName: Arcus, S. Matthew TechPhone: +1-570-343-8551 TechEmail: nic@hostnoc.net OrgTechHandle: SMA4-ARIN OrgTechName: Arcus, S. Matthew OrgTechPhone: +1-570-343-8551 OrgTechEmail: nic@hostnoc.net # ARIN WHOIS database, last updated 2004-10-05 19:10 # Enter ? for additional hints on searching ARIN's WHOIS database.

elizabyte ( ) posted Wed, 06 October 2004 at 3:06 AM

I am just SO GLAD I didn't renew my membership there. I feel badly for all the people who signed up or are basically owed membership time, and I particularly feel badly for sting, who has to try to be a go-between for an unresponsive site owner and understandably disgruntled customers. But I'm just breathing this big sigh of relief that I didn't renew. One less thing in my life to be pissed off about. whew bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 06 October 2004 at 8:02 AM

Glad and sad I happened on this thread. Glad because now I know that I'm not the only one who can't get to PoserStyle and sad because PoserStyle does have some wonderful items and I'm sorry to see a promising site have so many problems.

artistheat ( ) posted Wed, 06 October 2004 at 6:25 PM

It's up and running with some new stuff...Hurry over and get it Before it goes down again..LOL

aeilkema ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2004 at 1:32 AM

Yep it's up and running again, but it's not new stuff, it was there last week already. But for some of you it will be new, since you didn't get to PS for a while.....

Food for thought.....

elizabyte ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2004 at 2:33 AM

But for some of you it will be new, since you didn't get to PS for a while..... Now that's putting a positive spin on the situation! LOL! :-) bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

fauve ( ) posted Sat, 09 October 2004 at 4:22 PM

Well, for some others of us the "new" item (the Millenium Pose Construction Set Volume 2) won't be new, since it's a two-and-a-half-year-old Renderosity Marketplace item that a lot of people already own. I myself bought it when it came out for $19.95. Thanks, Poserstyle, for ripping us off yet again. IMPORTANT EDIT: This post was misunderstood by someone who thought I mean that Poserstyle had illegally put a RMP item for download. The Pose Construction Set I'm talking about was made by Will Whitney, who runs Poserstyle. It's his item, he created it, and I was not implying otherwise. I just think it stinks that the PS "release" for this week, after all of the unexplained downtime, is one of Will's old Marketplace items that a number of PS subscribers, including myself, already own.

artistheat ( ) posted Sat, 09 October 2004 at 6:00 PM

I see what your saying Fauve...But let give Will the benefit of the doubt..Lets see what excuse he has for us first for all this down time and then will lynch him..LOL..

sting ( ) posted Sun, 10 October 2004 at 9:31 PM

Ok - I have been thinking about this statement for about 48 hours and it is just irritating.

"Thanks, Poserstyle, for ripping us off yet again"

I can understand people being upset for late releases, but to claim you have been "ripped off" by PoserStyle because you bought a product previously UNAVAILABLE at PoserStyle from another site where it was available AND you just happened to be a member AND you just happened to purchase it is completely unfair to Will and just plain wrong IMHO. You and several other members may own this product already - but I don't see where Will is at fault for putting it up as content at PoserStyle.

It was not a 'sneaky move' or a move intended to upset anyone - it was a great product that Will obviously felt the members of PoserStyle deserved and could use.

This will more than likely engender more ill will towards PoserStyle which is the last thing Will needs at the moment, but I just had to say it.

Please note, these thoughts are mine, mine alone, and in no way, shape, form, or fashion, resemble anything close to what PoserStyle or the management there may think or feel that I am aware of....

Ever trying to assist,
-sting

aeilkema ( ) posted Mon, 11 October 2004 at 1:36 AM

Well, I don't see a problem with offering the same thing that has been sold on Renderosity before. That's Will his own good right. For me it's new, since I didn't buy it before. I agree with you Sting. Also another new release just came yesterday, so Poserstyle is catching up pretty fast now, which is just great! From the time I signed up to now there has been about one release every week. They may not have come one a week, but in the end they came :)

Food for thought.....

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 11 October 2004 at 9:55 AM

I agree with sting too, but I would suggest to poserstyle to change their server, the one they have now seems not too reliable.

fauve ( ) posted Mon, 11 October 2004 at 11:05 AM

"This will more than likely engender more ill will towards PoserStyle which is the last thing Will needs at the moment, but I just had to say it."

Sting, I don't think your saying this generates any more ill-will towards PoserStyle. It's your opinion, just like my statement was my opinion, and you have every right to express it. And more importantly, you're actually out here on the front lines expressing it, which is more than Will ever does.

I've been a member of PoserStyle since the early days and more than once my frustration with it has reached toxic levels. All of the late releases, the unexplained service outages, the time shaved off memberships, the flawed items -- bad zips, mismatched textures, missing files, etc etc etc -- that never seem to get fixed, and worst of all, the total lack of response by anyone except for you to any of these things, and most of the time it seems like you're kept in the dark as much as the rest of us.

I could put up with all of this if Will would just be honest and communicative about problems. Instead, his MO seems to be to make promises and break them, leaving you to deal with the angry members and clean up his mess. PoserStyle was out of service this time for a week, and Will hasn't even deigned to tell you, the site's webmaster, what the problem was. People have paid money to access his site, and for Will to treat them this way is wrong.

When Will Whitney started PoserStyle, most of the early members were people like me who had been customers of his at the Rendo MP and knew the quality of his work. But because of all of the problems with the site, a lot of those original subscribers have since dropped away. So yes, when we'd just had another week's outage with no word of apology or explanation from the person who knew what was going on, had a late item again, and then on top of it I found out that the "New Release" was something I'd already bought from Will, I lost my temper, and I still think I was justified in doing so. I can see putting up an old item as a bonus or an extra, but not as a main release. It's like a slap in the face to the people who were Will's first customers and who have stuck with PoserStyle since the beginning.

Anyway, that's it for me and PoserStyle. My subscription has been running on borrowed time anyway because of all of the outages (it was supposed to be extended, but no one ever did) and at this point, I don't care enough to write all of the (unanswered) emails to Will that I know it would take to get my extra two weeks tacked back on as was promised.

This whole experience has left a bitter taste in my mouth. I want nothing more to do with the site. It has some good-quality working Poser items, and one person (you) who is responsive and reliable, but those good points don't even begin to outweigh all of the other bullshit that Will Whitney seems to expect his customers to tamely put up with.

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Mon, 11 October 2004 at 5:48 PM

One problem with PoserStyle is all those blasted Pose Construction Sets. I never could use them, and after all isn't one pretty much the same as another?!

sting ( ) posted Mon, 11 October 2004 at 11:21 PM

Will has responded to the release issue in a post at PoserStyle for those interested - http://www.poserstyle.com/ftopicp-1383.html#1383. -sting

fauve ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2004 at 5:18 PM ยท edited Tue, 12 October 2004 at 5:20 PM

" Will has responded to the release issue in a post at PoserStyle for those interested - http://www.poserstyle.com/ftopicp-1383.html#1383"

I might have been interested, but as of today (10/12) the Poserstyle site is down again. So it doesn't look like anyone's going to have much luck reading it. Message edited on: 10/12/2004 17:20

aeilkema ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2004 at 5:21 PM

Oh no, here we go again ;-)

Food for thought.....

artistheat ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2004 at 5:41 PM

ROTFLOL...This is so sad that's it Funny....Well what can you do?

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2004 at 8:13 PM

If Mr Whitney really wanted Poserstyle to survive, he would have made sure the server reliability problem was fixed within the first week. He would have fixed all the broken stuff onsite, and he surely would take the time to visit Renderosity and try to soothe his disatisfied customers. Well, maybe he wants them to survive, but just doesn't know how.

elizabyte ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2004 at 11:39 PM

Is he hosting the site on a second-hand Pentium via a dialup line in his basement or something? bonni

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Wed, 13 October 2004 at 1:01 AM

When I did a traceroute on the ip address I found it appears to resolve to a 3rd tier server, Big Guy -> Medium Guy -> PoserStyle Don't know it that has much of anything to do with it but it sounds like a possibility

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 14 October 2004 at 10:28 AM

Well was hoping to find it up again but I'm out of luck too. Has he contacted you at all Sting? Marque

sting ( ) posted Thu, 14 October 2004 at 10:34 AM

Great question... I don't know where it is hosted, I do know that Will has been mentioning for the past few months of switching to a different server. It looks as though it is up (at least at the moment I am writing this). -sting

artistheat ( ) posted Thu, 14 October 2004 at 2:19 PM

No it down again,Wait it's up again,Oh no it's down,No up,no down.....LOL....Only kidding It's up for the moment:)

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 14 October 2004 at 2:31 PM

Not for me, got rid of all my cookies, cleared my cache, even tried mozilla instead of i.e. Can't get in Marque

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.