Mon, Sep 16, 10:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 7:48 pm)

Subject: Problem when creating Conforming Figures...

cocco ( ) posted Sat, 09 October 2004 at 9:27 AM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 6:52 PM

file_133312.jpg

I don't know why this happen:I modeled a pair of boots and they look fine but when I try to create the conforming figure in the Setup Room some parts seem to break and deform...why this happens?There's a way to fix it?

PhilC ( ) posted Sat, 09 October 2004 at 9:57 AM

Check that the polygon is actually in the group you think it is. Do this by making the body part invisible and see if its left behind. Then check your joint parameters to see if its being excluded from the movement. If I had to place a bet I'd put my money on an ungrouped polygon.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

cocco ( ) posted Sat, 09 October 2004 at 11:23 AM

Thanks for the reply Phil!I will try this in a few minutes

cocco ( ) posted Sat, 09 October 2004 at 12:29 PM

Hi Phil I tried to hide the part and something strange happens:the plygon belongs to toe part so when I hide Toe it disappear,but if I hide the Foot part it suddenly appear normal,no more broken or distort...

R_Hatch ( ) posted Sun, 10 October 2004 at 1:36 AM
Online Now!

Check to see if the polygon belongs to more than one group.

cocco ( ) posted Sun, 10 October 2004 at 3:03 AM

No.it just belongs to toe part...

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 10 October 2004 at 9:22 AM

Try making it a part of the main foot.

cocco ( ) posted Mon, 11 October 2004 at 3:51 AM

I tried that too but it doesn't work,I don't know what to do and what it depends on....??

ynsaen ( ) posted Mon, 11 October 2004 at 4:56 AM

Split the verts and reweld, see if that helps -- although it looks like it's a triangle at a bend point, which poser really, really hates..

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

cocco ( ) posted Mon, 11 October 2004 at 5:06 AM

How can I do that vnsaen?

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 11 October 2004 at 9:41 AM

Attached Link: http://www.uvmapper.com

use uvmapper to split the vertices, a free version (uvmapper classic) is available at the link.

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 11 October 2004 at 9:46 AM

You don`t have to weld the vertices after splitting. Uvmapper uses a sort of smart splitting where smooth parts generally stay smooth. I demonstrated that in a different thread.

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Mon, 11 October 2004 at 2:18 PM

I've been doing some fiddling with groups, converting a Vicky item to fit Posette. Looks OK from the front, but... Anyway, you can re-group in the Setup Room, but the process is a bit quirky. You select the group you want to make the polygon a part of. You need to Ctrl-Click on the polygon. Use the ungrouped and multi-grouped functions as a check on the result. Even when the revised grouping is OK, you'll have an extra group. called something like "NO_BONE" which you must delete before you can exit the Setup Room.

cocco ( ) posted Mon, 11 October 2004 at 5:32 PM

Welding doesn't seem to help... I tried to fix it in the setup room but I don't know exactly what to do as the polygon belongs to one group only...I don't know what the problem is! After trying many times to regroup it sometimes look better,even if I don't understand why:I tried to crate a new group ,then eliminated its polygons from other groups then assign its polygon to one group only...it seems to work in some parts but not in others,especially under the sole...Any toughts?It is weird I think...

cocco ( ) posted Wed, 13 October 2004 at 2:53 AM

help:-(

shadownet ( ) posted Wed, 13 October 2004 at 6:12 PM

Try this. Since we are dealing with boots, and the toes are the last group, just make the foot and toe parts all one group, and let the jp settings ghost the toes. If there is a fragmenting polgon or bad weld at the joint, this will solve that. To clarify. If you currently have the following groups: shin foot toe combine the foot and toe groups in the mesh, but leave it in the cr2 (since you are using the set up room, you may have to add these back in) - my suggestion is to ditch the set up room and strip out an existing cr2, and set the call path to call that geometry obj.

cocco ( ) posted Thu, 14 October 2004 at 4:28 AM

Thanks for the reply! I tried that and it works to delete the toe part and making one part with foot and toe,but there's something I don't understand:it does work and bend properly even if there's no toe part in the geometry,but I wonder if it can cause problems....It' unusual not to have one part..

shadownet ( ) posted Thu, 14 October 2004 at 7:51 AM

Hi cocco, Poser will let you add in the last child (group) in a chain, (any chain) as a ghost body part, provided the joint parameter settings are set up in the cr2 for that group. For example, if I make something like a halter top, I might make the entire mesh chest, even though there are rCollar and lCollar groups on the figure. Since these are the last child in the chain that need to work (the mesh does not have sleeves), the joint parameter settings for the right and left collar groups in my cr2 will work on the mesh as if I had sectioned in the rCollar/lCollar groups. I do not beleive the Setup Room will let you do it like this, but I do not use the set up room. I find it faster/easier to set up the groups I need in the mesh. Then strip out a cr2 and use it to set up the figure manually. On things like props I want to convert to a figure, I will set up the heirarchy (parent children of parts) in the Hierarchy Editor, and use the Create New Figure command to make a figure. I can then tweak the cr2 if I want the figure to conform to another figure. Often, thought, figures made this way are meant to be stand alone articulate props and conforming is not necessary.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.