Fri, Sep 20, 1:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Fractal Gallery Vote!

nickcharles ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2004 at 1:55 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 11:30 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/contest.ez?contest_id=431&folder_id=27

Hi all!

Well....here it is! (link above)

Time to cast your votes and decide the future of the content in the Fractal gallery!

Nuthin' fancy folks...just text pics with the voting choices :)

The vote is up for two weeks...Only one vote per member, so PLEASE vote carefully, and consider the outcome.

If there are any questions, please contact me or DreamWarrior.

Thanks,
Nick

Nick C. Sorbin
Staff Writer
Renderosity Magazine
......................................................................................................
"For every breath, for every day of living, this is my Thanksgiving."
-Don Henley

ID_2004 ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2004 at 11:05 AM

Not sure about choice #4 - I assume this means no 'mixed' images, but: - is post-processing permitted? - if not, what about layering (as some generators have internal capabilities)? - although I don't personally use it, I believe there's a feature in UF for importing images (same for XD?): would this be permitted? I shall cast mine once I've fully understood, though I'm not really so sure why there was so much fuss anyway! Ian

kchildress ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2004 at 2:53 PM

IMO, it is a bad idea to allow for the viewing of running totals during the voting period. It opens the door for potential voting "irregularities".

nickcharles ( ) posted Thu, 14 October 2004 at 12:07 AM · edited Thu, 14 October 2004 at 12:07 AM

Ian-
Really most post-work hasn't been the 'BIG' issue. I have never seen a reason to discourage post work. The 'BIG' thing, was with using other non-fractal imagery.
The use of tubes, 3D, photos, Poser stuff...That's where most of the complaints were coming in...
And Vote Option 4 is meant as 'anything created in a fractal program is fair game'....which would mean anything that can be imported into a fractal prog is ok, as long as the result is the output of the fractal program (example: using 'Bring it in' with UF). Layering would be fine under this option as well.

Ken-
I wish there was a way I could hide the voting results until after the vote, but that's the way the system is set up.

Nick

Message edited on: 10/14/2004 00:07

Nick C. Sorbin
Staff Writer
Renderosity Magazine
......................................................................................................
"For every breath, for every day of living, this is my Thanksgiving."
-Don Henley

sammi ( ) posted Thu, 21 October 2004 at 4:35 PM

the problem is, i think, the amount of post work "allowed". i did not know, for instance,that ultra fractal allowed one to work with multiple layers and so had had previously submitted work to mixed media because i did layering in gimp. i think that work to the fractal gallery should be primarily composited from fractals and very little postwork outside of 'tidying' allowed. as 'tidying' i would allow, aside making borders and the adding of signitures, layering and compositing as can be acheived either by one programm such as u.f or from a mixture of programms such as fractint and gimp or fractint and psp, or apo and psp; so, in short, compositing fractals from differet or the same progamms should be allowed, what shouldn't be allowed is one (composited or not) fractal which has been either so much post rendered that the fractal is not discernable or obvious, or which has been mixed with another media software such as poser where it is not obvious what the focus or mainpoint of the image is.

firefly ( ) posted Fri, 22 October 2004 at 10:09 PM

Actually, I am finding it very interesting to watch the votes and see the margins shrink, widen and the subtle changes occurring. Especially interesting given the long discussion and opinions that had invoked this vote!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.