Sun, Sep 22, 4:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 4:30 pm)

Subject: Poser 5 Shadows don't render??

blueapples ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2004 at 3:02 PM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 4:31 PM

God help me. I have tried every variation of rendering I can think of but Firefly or Poser 4 will not render shadows to an animationQT file even though every option is set to cast shadows in Poser. Does anyone have a solution to this? it is totally killing me.

ynsaen ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2004 at 3:11 PM

What are you trying to cast shadows on? If it's the default ground plane, you should add something else in place of it.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

blueapples ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2004 at 7:15 PM

okay I wasn't very clear. Sorry. here's the real issue: I want to render a QT movie with an alpha channel of a character and it's shadow(s). It seems Poser won't render the shadow unless the ground prop is visible. But I don't want the ground prop to show up in the final render, just the shadow. The only work around so far is to render the scene "current display settings" and I get the poser default shadow that is edgy and flat, not to mention doesn't follow the lighting. And I don't get the higher quality render firefly offers... A lot of people offer tutorials for creating 2d shadows in photoshop for still images from poser, but that option doesn't work for me because of the motion involved. I am trying to do 300 - 400 frames at a time with lots of motion, so I really need to be able to have the shadow poser can render, just not the ground plate.

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2004 at 7:34 PM

Select ground color shader so that it renders as monochrome, with no gradients or variations. You may have a video editor that allows you to click on the ground color and mask it out or make it transparent in all frames.

blueapples ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2004 at 8:04 PM

Found teh killer fix: http://www.runtimedna.com/messages.ez?forum_id=28&Form.ShowMessage=76990 amazingly cool!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.