Fri, Sep 20, 6:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Replica, a new plig-in for Carrara 3 and 4

julien_chaplier ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2004 at 2:05 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 6:42 AM

Attached Link: http://julien.chaplier.free.fr/Main.html

Hi everybody, I just added a new plug-in online : Replica. Replica duplicates objects in various configurations. The duplicatas can follow lines, squares, circles, or any kind of existing shape in the scene. Furthermore all the new instances can be sligthly different from the others in position, scaling, orientation and even shading. When the object is a light, its color can be modifed. The modification is by default a build-in noise, but it can also be based on any shader present in the scene. You can find more information on Replica on http://julien.chaplier.free.fr/Main.html . Regards, Julien

res1yfb1 ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2004 at 2:34 AM

very,very cool....i will be getting this!

TOXE ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2004 at 3:22 AM

AaArrgh!! Really cool!! Do you think that is better that i buy a PC or wait for mac version?? I need it everyday a plugin like this!! -TOXE

julien_chaplier ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2004 at 4:42 AM

I should have a Mac version when the public SDK for Mac is available. It should be a matter of weeks, they're working on it at Eovia. I'll have also the Mac version of Deeper and Baker around the same time. And I understand a tool like Replica was needed. Since I have it, I play a lot with it. Just a few clicks and I've got a complex scene! Julien

TOXE ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2004 at 5:15 AM

Thanks Julien! Good news, i'll wait... -TOXE

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2004 at 9:42 AM

Waiting is the hardest part....

memaci ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2004 at 10:37 AM

Very cool plug-in. This is definitely one that I want to get as well. I think the logos for your plug-ins are also excellent. I will wait for the Mac version. memaci

GWeb ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2004 at 11:52 AM

Very very cool plug ins

falconperigot ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2004 at 12:22 PM

What great new plugin will you release next week?? ;-)

ayodejiosokoya ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2004 at 1:21 PM

Impressive work!!!

Chrisdmd ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2004 at 3:29 PM

Can you use this plug-in to simulate something growing along a text object...so it would look like it is appearing gradually?

Vidar ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2004 at 4:29 PM

super cool plugin,damn,need more money for julien plugins.:)

Nicholas86 ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2004 at 7:41 PM

file_138584.jpg

Its not just for spheres, lights, and trees! Replicate an entire army of Nail Boys! Brian

julien_chaplier ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2004 at 8:40 PM

The replicated objects use the same master object, so if this one is animated (like a vertex object with morphing), all the replicates will be too. It's so possible to make the growing effect you were talking about.

GWeb ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2004 at 9:34 PM

Kewl!! can you make them walk??????

julien_chaplier ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2004 at 9:43 PM

The bones too are applied on the master object, so it should be possible (I didn't try it though). But they will all follow the same animation cycle, and they don't have the same orientation, so I guess some will walk underground and other toward the sky.

GWeb ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2004 at 9:52 PM

This Replica is really a good tool!! About the animation stuff is other thing but I am sure you will get around to it in next version of Replica!! Your creativeness is great investment!! Thank you for making Carrara more value than it originally offered.

Vidar ( ) posted Wed, 03 November 2004 at 12:24 AM

very very cool,lets make a carrara version of lord of the rings.:)

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Wed, 03 November 2004 at 6:30 AM

Wow Julien! Keep 'em coming! I have to wait for the Mac version. But ArchiTools is fun enough in the meantime. (And C4 is not arrived either)

PAGZone ( ) posted Wed, 03 November 2004 at 8:03 PM

Excellent. I love to read about more plug-ins and this one looks superb. Ditto on the Mac version. Paul

bwtr ( ) posted Thu, 04 November 2004 at 8:44 PM

Trying to repeat the Tree on terrain tutorial on C3 the computer jambs at each try though very carefull to copy. First note is that the grayscale shader I made reproduces as white on the peaks!

bwtr

julien_chaplier ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2004 at 12:28 AM

Here's something I forgot to do: the tutorial was made with a beta version. In the release, the build-in noise has a greater amplitude than before, so to reproduce the tutorial, the scaling values should be lower to about half of the displayed values. I'll update the screenshot later. For the grayscale shader, you can use a Carrara environment shader, or a vertical gradient. The one I used is in the Veloute plug-in.

bwtr ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2004 at 7:13 PM

Thanks Julien but you have raised a huge list of questions. These may be best answered if you could show screen shots of EACH of the three grayscale alternative and of the two numerical settings thingumies of the app for the trees. Having problems with the Replica trees being elevated above the landscape. This (will!) be the best Carrara add on ever I think.

bwtr

julien_chaplier ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2004 at 8:39 PM

The scaling is relative to the hotpoint, so it's really important to place it at the base of the tree. But if this is done, the trees shouldn't be elevated over the ground. They can look elevated in the real time rendering because the terrain use a lighter version of its mesh to be displayed, but the final rendering should be fine. Can you send me your file before the replication is done and the parameters you used if you still have a problem, I'll look at it. And I'll update the tutorial this week end and put the scene and the shader available for download.

julien_chaplier ( ) posted Sat, 06 November 2004 at 2:23 AM

The tutorial is updated, let me know if the shaders work fine

bwtr ( ) posted Sat, 06 November 2004 at 5:27 PM

WOW! Are you on call as a plumber as well? Why can't the rest of the world be as efficient. I am going to have a great day. Thanks.

bwtr

bwtr ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2004 at 6:44 PM

Terrain Tute Zip of 2.17mb seems to download ok but will not accept UnZip instruction. Many tries! Have been sidetracked and hope to do lots of experimentation today

bwtr

Nicholas86 ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2004 at 7:14 PM

bwtr- Its possible you need a different unzip utility. What are you using? I generally use WinRAR myself, but its possible some things from WinZIP may not unzip with it. Just a suggestion. Brian

bwtr ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2004 at 8:03 PM

Brian. No problems with anything from Juliens or any other bwtr sites before from a Full download so doubt is WinZip.bwtr

bwtr

julien_chaplier ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2004 at 8:54 PM

A piece of the file was missing, I uploaded it again, this time it's complete.

bwtr ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2004 at 10:05 PM

file_138588.jpg

Sorry Julien,still wont open. Had a verry frustrating day all round. I am fairly confident that the C3 version in my system anyway is errattic---Identical inputs, from scratch,vary in end result. In all the, trees are always elevated. Similar to example. (too worn out to correct my spelling!)

bwtr

julien_chaplier ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2004 at 10:39 PM

Send me the file at julien_chaplier@yahoo.com, I'll check it. I need to know where the problem is coming from. And I had trouble downloading the new file from the website, the wrong one was in the internet cache and I needed to erased it to get the new one. Plus it's a C4 file, I'm not sure you can open it with C3.

bwtr ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2004 at 6:13 PM

file_138590.jpg

In C3 and Julien is both clever and helpful.

bwtr

julien_chaplier ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2004 at 6:18 PM

Nice image, glad to see that the fix for C3 works.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.