Sat, Sep 21, 12:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: If you DO NOT SUPPORT the Fractal Gallery Guidelines, post here, please

nickcharles ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2004 at 1:26 AM · edited Tue, 13 August 2024 at 12:39 AM

Hi all Please post in this thread if you DO NOT support the Fractal Gallery Guidelines. Thanks, Nick P.S. Please know that I value everyones input, and thank you for voicing your opinions.

Nick C. Sorbin
Staff Writer
Renderosity Magazine
......................................................................................................
"For every breath, for every day of living, this is my Thanksgiving."
-Don Henley

undisclosed-designer ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2004 at 4:44 AM

look, it's very easy really ... the people here are not satisfied with the current guidelines, 38% are, the other 62% are not ... well to make 2/3 of everyone happy, you have to make a voting with just 2 choices, not 4 making fractals with just fract-programs is likely impossible for any fractal gallery, the designers want to express their creativity with using other programs than just those the way it was before your new guidelines, is exactly the same as allowing mixed works to this gallery, so for those who voted for that didn't really know the difference between the two options, and feel disappointed because they chose for the wrong one of the two options the big issue was that the artist were not quite happy with the new guidelines now unwillingly, you created another problem, and i am sorry that you haven't much time for supporting the ppl here in this forum, as you said in your introduction last year you would it's a tough job to make everyone happy, but it is one of the requirements of being a moderator so i vote for the situation which it was likely before, but in very extreme cases there will be a negotiation whether a design is a fractal or not, and let the artist themselves decide where it should be posted, they do really know very well what their designs are, and don't like to be told that they are not have a nice day Harmen

Mivan ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2004 at 5:14 AM

Now that I find myself entering the winter of my life, daily witnessing the loss of personal freedoms, art has become somewhat my cause celibre. It is with great joy that I use the many available programs to create something of beauty and free intellectual expression. Having to format that expression is to me loathsome and intolerable. My vision is slowly departing one pixel at a time because of disease but even with the arrival of that day when the screen no longer illuminates, I will still have the memories of the images that I created and that knowledge sustains me. Not too many years back when Metacreations announced they were going to divest themselves of their art programs; i.e. bryce, poser, kpt etc., a young California lady wrote an eloquent letter of protest that has since become part of internet legend and legacy. Perhaps the title of that letter is appropriate in this case. It was called "Don't Mess With My Crayons". Mike

Deagol ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2004 at 2:12 PM

I am really tired this whole thing. I am tired of the verbal violence that is that is coming from less than a handful of people. I have made enemies over this issue and I don't have enemies in real life. I regret some of the things that I have said because I have attracted a lot of hate and anger. I supported the guidelines because I thought that the fractal gallery should be about fractal images however they are created, assembled and processed, but I give up. There is NOTHING about this place that is worth the negative energy that comes from this debate. This issue is absolutely NOT worth fighting for. I give up. Drop the guidelines. I'm not going to waste another keystroke on this topic.

Satanimus ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2004 at 5:28 PM · edited Tue, 02 November 2004 at 5:42 PM

I don't make fractals but I do look at them, and I have to say it woud be a real shame if you don't allow an image simply because of the programmes used to create it, As long as it is recognizably a fractal what is the problem??? I have to wonder how many artists would ACTUALY post if EVERY forum ruled no posting anything made from other than... just my opinion... btw, Is the fractal forum banner made entirely in fractal progs???

Message edited on: 11/02/2004 17:42

Gods need mortals to believe in them or they die, if gods die are they not mortal, and if they are mortal...why then do we call them gods??.

Layla-Rose ( ) posted Wed, 03 November 2004 at 7:50 PM

I suppose you could say i dont support the current guidelines. I miss the art of ppl like Brian, where, even though he included poser figures in his images, the main part of the image was always a fractal and they always tied in together. I would prefer to see images of that nature in the gallery again, yes.

Longrider ( ) posted Thu, 04 November 2004 at 9:17 AM

I do not support the current guidelines because I also consider my images fractal creations. I only look at and use fractals in a different way. But to me the creation an the proces while doing that is the thing that gives me pleasure. I do think my images should be able to get a place in the fractal gallery but if the majority doesn't think so ,I have no choice than the mixed medium gallery. I will post them there than and that's it. Nick and Barbara I want you to know that I know you are doing your best ,keep up the good work so Far, Later.

peapodgrrl ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2004 at 4:56 PM

I do not support the fractal guidelines because they impose arbitrary, subjective limitations on creativity. There is no way this rule can enhance any gallery or artistic impulse. I do not see any upside to it, other than limiting the concept of fractal and digital art; artforms that struggle for legitmacy do not need any more limitations placed upon it. The bigger the umbrella, the better for everyone.

Mivan ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2004 at 6:22 PM

I don't agree with a mod removing an artist's image from their gallery without first engaging in some serious discussion with the artist first or even better, putting it to a popular vote. I think the assumption that those images should be placed in gallery X instead of the fractal gallery is incredibly presumptive. Where they go should be entirely up to the artist; not a mod. I especially don't care for elitism, bean counters or the overzealous. All of my composite images have now been removed from the fractal gallery with most going to the 2D gallery. Purely fractal images have been deleted from my gallery including those with excellent ratings. My future images will be posted to galleries other than the fractal gallery. Mike

FractalGrrl ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2004 at 6:39 PM

I do not support the guidelines, because as long as the image is a fractal at it's core, it's a fractal and should not be sent out to outer Siberia in the 'mixed media' gallery. Thanks.

1thunder ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2004 at 7:25 PM

I have been following these threads on all of this, and feel that I have to say I do not support the guidelines. Whether you are making and posting your very first fractal or you are a seasoned fractalist, you should have the right to choice where you post it. This fractal gallery is made up of some of the very best fractal artists in the world....as well the aspiring artists. I feel that the guidelines are only inhibiting, and limiting. Not to mention that it is all so very subjective. Not everyone has the same view. Each and every one of us has the right to choose, we can choose not to look at an image if we don't like it. We are all allowed our opinions. I feel that we should be allowed to choose where we put our creations, without fear of it being moved, or someone asking us to move it. I have seen so many postings from people questioning their art, and asking for others opinions on "where this belongs?" There are members out there that are so very confused by all of this, and now are in turn questioning themselves, and their work. Is that the purpose of the guidelines? I strongly feel that the guidelines need to be lifted, in order for each and every member....past, present, and future to feel welcome here in the Fractal Gallery!

peapodgrrl ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2004 at 8:03 PM

1Thunder, that was so well-said. Elegantly simple and powerful. I really enjoyed your post. In fact, I have really enjoyed the simple profundity of every post in this thread.

Deagol, I doubt if anyone who disagrees with you "hates" you. :) I certainly don't. :) I am sorry you feel attacked by "verbal violence", but people are passionate about having their artistic freedoms thwarted; I am sure it was more directed at the rule than it was you. Wanna see some nasty posting? I can post some URLS that would curl your hair. ;) We're a bunch of cupcakes next to most forums. :) I hope you feel better about this whole thing. You're so talented and everyone enjoys your work, and you enjoy creating it. That's the bottom line, isn't it?

M

Satanimus ( ) posted Sat, 06 November 2004 at 5:41 AM

If you want this forum to survive to be anything more than a "pop in & ask a question" type of forum, like some of the others on this site I suggest you stop removing artists work, stop refusing postings(within reason) & stop the artists you have got from leaving this forum!!! There is ALWAYS going to be some form of "in fighting", do you REALLY want to lose artist Every time the "purists" don't like what others are doing?!!!!

Gods need mortals to believe in them or they die, if gods die are they not mortal, and if they are mortal...why then do we call them gods??.

peapodgrrl ( ) posted Sat, 06 November 2004 at 11:46 AM

Hey Satanimus, Your handle doesn't suit you. You seem like a good guy to me. ;)

Satanimus ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2004 at 7:54 AM

I say what I see peapodgrrl, but thanx. ;)

nickcharles ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2004 at 5:09 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12416&Form.ShowMessage=1996121

Thanks to everyone for their input! It is greatly appreciated :) Check this post :) Nick

Nick C. Sorbin
Staff Writer
Renderosity Magazine
......................................................................................................
"For every breath, for every day of living, this is my Thanksgiving."
-Don Henley

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.