Thu, Sep 19, 11:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Deep3D and Poser....

convoluted ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2000 at 1:21 PM ยท edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 4:07 PM

I have imported a model into Deep3D sucessfully.. (if anyone has tried with trouble, you have to convert to an .obj file first) But the problem is that it wants to save maps for EACH AND EVERY object. (eyes, fingernails, etc) The only way around this is somehow (grouping?) the figure first, then exporting to .obj, then importing. Can anyone please explain how this is done, or at least point me in the right direction? Thanks a ton!

Fox-Mulder ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2000 at 2:11 PM

Attached Link: http://WWW.Poserworld.Com

If you mean Deep Paint 3D then you need to go ask Steve Shanks as he wrote a tutorial about this subject. Go visit WWW.Poserworld.Com

convoluted ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2000 at 2:17 PM

Thanks... =)

steveshanks ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2000 at 2:40 PM

Attached Link: http://interneteye3d.com/Tutorials/prev/dpposertut/default.asp

Its on the big sister site that one :o) Steve

ScottA ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2000 at 3:00 PM

I've been playing with the demo. The quickest way to paint one texture across multiple parts is to assign a material to them in a program like UVmapper. Then. When you import the model. Choose that material and assign color and any other chanels to it. And you will be able to paint on the entire model at once. ScottA

convoluted ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2000 at 3:17 PM

Thanks Steve! I scoured the entire PoserWorld site.. and no luck... hehe.. Heading to D/L now. -Also... Scott, I can do that, it was just the Tiff exportation that was stacking improperly.. I couldn't figure out how to export just the "Skin" map.. Thanks for your pointers! =) blissfully happy

kennect ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2000 at 4:41 PM

Steve, I too have been playing with DP 3D and using your tutorial as a guide...The results have been great but I am thrown by the fact that I am using Michael...Is there some trick I should know about it considering the standard texture is comprised of two seperate images as compared to the old one image texture map?...Hopefully that makes sense...thanks

Jaager ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2000 at 10:04 PM

kennect, the texture is layered. If DP3D handles this in a way similaer to P3D, you would need to split the figure into 2 groups. One containing the head and eyes, the other with everything else. Here is how I would do it in P3D: Open the obj in Compose save one file containing the head and eyes only. Save another containing the rest. Open each of these files in UVMapper and save each as a single object. Open each of these in the paint program sparately.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.