Thu, Sep 19, 10:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:39 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Dystopian

Moebius87 ( ) posted Sun, 21 November 2004 at 12:45 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:33 PM

file_144623.jpg

Modelling WIP... untextured, rendered in LightWave. 100% optimized for Poser. We are beginning the process of taking **Dystopia** down to the street level with a series of Urban Furniture Sets. This simple waiting shed constructed with photochromic plasteel panels and light weight metals also has vid-panels embedded into the glazing walls. The vid-panels can be configured to show the latest news bulletins, advertisements, weather updates or stock reports. There is a basic vending machine at one side of the shed, with shuttle locator panels at both ends of the structure. Simply push in a destination on the route map, swipe your ICC (identi-credit-card) and the nearest shuttle heading to your stop will intelligently detour to get you. Waiting times are guaranteed to last no longer than three minutes, or the ICC transaction is automatically cancelled. Cheers! M

Mind Over Matter
"If you don't mind, then it don't matter."

Moebius87 ( ) posted Sun, 21 November 2004 at 1:05 PM

file_144624.jpg

Here's another view of the waiting shed. Textures and Poser conversion to be done by Ajax. There are several other Urban Furniture Sets planned, but we'll see how well this initial concept fits into the streets of **Dystopia**. Please let us know what you think. :o) Cheers! M

Mind Over Matter

compiler ( ) posted Sun, 21 November 2004 at 1:49 PM

To be totally frank, I find this concept much less futuristic than the rest of the Dytopia line, especially the recent landing pad or the PowerGen or Starport. This kind of design is really "art nouveau" and is common in railway stations or bus stops and tramway stops throughout France. Just my 2 eurocents...

Momcat ( ) posted Sun, 21 November 2004 at 2:21 PM

I like it. It can be used in modern or futuristic worlds. I am really looking forward to seeing more Dystopia items coming out. :)

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sun, 21 November 2004 at 2:28 PM

I like it as well :)

Crescent ( ) posted Sun, 21 November 2004 at 2:58 PM

I think that if you play with the textures - give the glass a rusted metal or holopanel look - it could look quite futuristic. I like it as is because I could use a fancy passenger station like that. Cheers!

Richard T ( ) posted Sun, 21 November 2004 at 3:18 PM

Looks good, I can see lots of uses for it.

Moebius87 ( ) posted Sun, 21 November 2004 at 8:17 PM · edited Sun, 21 November 2004 at 8:18 PM

Thanks for all the feedback folks!

compiler I guess my influences are showing. :o) Spending two months wondering the streets of Paris and taking the train back and forth to Fontainebleu did leave an impression. I am very much enamoured with Art Nouveau and the Modernists... and this was a first attempt to pay homage to the sci-fi synergyistic styles that both Jean Giraud and Enki Bilal bring to their art a present day familiarity overrun by massive future technology. I was hoping for a far more simplified Renzo Piano look... without having to copy his brilliant detailing... and not going nuts with a massive polygon count.

Taking your comment on board, I will revist the design and add in some of the heavier chunky elements that are more in keeping with the original Dystopia architectural flavor with has shades of Soviet institutional architecture mixed in with touches of Fritz Lang.

Don't worry I won't overhaul it so much that it will lose the weightless transparency of this first version. I'd better let Ajax know to stop the production line! Thank you very much!

Cheers! MMessage edited on: 11/21/2004 20:18

Mind Over Matter

Philywebrider ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 4:45 AM

compiler ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 5:57 AM

Your Sci-Fi culture is impressive... Hope you enjoyed your stay in France.

Philywebrider ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 6:46 AM · edited Mon, 22 November 2004 at 6:50 AM

How about...
Air or Ground Buses
Air or Ground Trains
Large Bus/Train Stations
Motorized Walks, (al-la the 'Landing Pad')
Vertical lifts for the outside of buildings
'Used Robot' lots
'Specialized' Robots various sizes
Parks, Scenic tree, shrub, grass, fountains, Statues, of Dytopian Heros), etc
Parks, concrete, Metal, Barren, run down, grudge
Blade Runner type 'Red Light' District featuring Robots, Aliens, or a combination thereof
Misc Trash...Broken Robots, Damaged Cars, Urban Trash

Message edited on: 11/22/2004 06:50

stonemason ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 8:02 AM

nice work Moe..I like all the clear glass you've got here ,perfect for renders where the city blocks are a backdrop :o) a very cool style,you need some sleek trains or hover vehicles to go with it all now Cheers Stef PS:Renzo Piano..great buildings!:)

Cg Society Portfolio

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 10:24 AM

Cool stuff .. Though I do agree you need some sleek trains or hover vehicles to go with it ;)

spook ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 12:44 PM

if you could make the "heavier" elements parented props as add-ons, that might satisfy those who desire the more weighty dystopia look whilst also winning over those who might prefer the light and airy modernity of the present model.... beautiful work.

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 2:59 PM

Oh, I tend to agree with Compiler a bit. Of course, it's hard to "see" what it will be like when textured. Also, I'm influenced by some of the images Stoney has made (where there is little ground-level traffic (guess that's for poor people who can't afford air commuting)). In my mind, I'd expect more advances in the future (the future where I see Dystopia). For example, don't we have "hover chairs" instead of regular wheelchairs by now? (noticing the access slopes for the "wheelchair" bound) And, it looks like one of those small trash recpticles (sp?) mounted on a pole. If so, I'd more expect a built-in slot in the support that would be connected to a main disposal system. And 12 overhead lights? I'd expect to see three long modern bars instead. In fact, in "my" modern world, dual usage would be a must in city planning...so the supports for the "roof" might also double as lighting from the 4 corners...in fact, color-coded so pedestrians would be able to see the lights from afar and recognize it to be a transportation stop. And let the whole thing be powered by solar panels built into the cover. Well, just my thoughts. Of course, based on what I see Dystopia as (which may differ from what you see it as). You may have more of a "Blade Runner" sort of idea in your head (smile). One other note...if I may be so bold...it will take a lot of these modules to "flesh" out ground level in Dystopia. Yes, we will be able to sneak in a few of Stoney's things (on the more dilapidated part of the city winks) and some of his interiors but coming from the Dystopia meister and artist, where we can stay true to your vision, we are left with your items to meld in. So, gulp, in that regard, is there any chance of making your "add-in packs" set at $9.95 or something affordable for those who would like to "collect" the whole lot of them? As I see it, there is room for 10-20 modules (of one type or another) and any true Dystopian will need/want to have them all. Just a suggestion (and if adopted ahead of time, you would be able to make a module/add-in pack based on the target price)

ElorOnceDark ( ) posted Tue, 23 November 2004 at 11:17 AM

I like it Moe. I think in a dynamic city like the Dystopia setting, you need a few disparate elements to give it a feeling of history. I don't think very many cities were planned fully from the ground up. Depending on the textures used, this could be a relic of the past, or a "old is new" style structure. Sorry, there's probably a better architectural term for that. ;-)

movida ( ) posted Tue, 23 November 2004 at 3:47 PM

I like it "as is" - it lends itself to many different scenarios

Moebius87 ( ) posted Tue, 23 November 2004 at 7:19 PM

Ok folks... I will communicate with Ajax and let him know that this first version will stay "as is". And, I might as well construct a second version... with a totally different shell (walls and roof). I'll probably keep the seating elements common to both versions... and maybe even the base. Thank you for all your critical feedback and positive replies. :o) Cheers! M

Mind Over Matter

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Tue, 23 November 2004 at 9:44 PM

I wouldn't worry about all the extra effort just on 2 comments, M. :-(

Moebius87 ( ) posted Thu, 25 November 2004 at 12:46 AM

Thanks for the encouragement, Chuck, but "if there's anything worth doing, it's worth doing right". :o) Don't worry... we're going to increase the content of the pack, but try and keep the pricing very reasonable. We really do want more and more folks to use this stuff, so it doesn't make too much sense to price it out of budget for most folks. Cheers! M

Mind Over Matter

Moebius87 ( ) posted Sat, 27 November 2004 at 6:25 AM

Jump forward to this continuation thread. Thank you for taking the time to look. :o) Cheers! M

Mind Over Matter

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.