Tue, Sep 24, 5:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 5:06 pm)

Subject: Gallery Comment

trelihan ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 7:22 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 9:17 AM

I have been posting here for some time now...I guess Im like alot of people here...I like to play around with different rendering software.
Here is a comment I just recieved on a render I just posted :::: yet another badly posed, poorly consived, load of old bollox... Have you ever seen a real woman naked? You have no idea of anotomy. If you are going to use the software, at least learn how to use it before you let loose this crap on mankind! I hope you got an erection while making this pile of shite. Cuase at least somthing good will have come out of this..... Art is supposed to make a statment, not send you too sleep!
I wonder what I did to piss this person off ?

The3dZone ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 7:29 PM · edited Wed, 15 December 2004 at 7:29 PM

Don't mind the trolls,they are just misguided souls that crave attention,and apparently they aren't getting enough with their own art,so they troll around bashing others to make up for it.

poor sad lonely trolls...tsk..tsk..
hangs head over the sadness that the trolls life must be filled with

The3dZone

Message edited on: 12/15/2004 19:29

Funny YouTube video of the week - Bu De Bu Ai

elizabyte ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 7:37 PM

I wonder what I did to piss this person off ? Exist on the planet. :-) Some people have no constructive or useful ways to vent their anger and other issues, so they take it out on random people on the net by posting crap like that. Mostly I feel pity for people like that. bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 7:47 PM

I'd leave the comment there for others to see the guy for the dickhead he is.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

elizabyte ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 7:57 PM

I'd leave the comment there for others to see the guy for the dickhead he is. LOL!!! I thought the exact same thing!!!! :-) bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

NEThingbutNOcent ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 8:00 PM

yup, he honestly was just looking for someone to be mean to. To be quite honest with you, your pic is excellent! I noticed when I went to look how naturally the body flowed, and yet it meshed great with the mechanics on the bottom. If you look in his gallery he only has a couple photos with not very many views or comments. So in short, I think he probably has a bad case of jealousy.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 8:01 PM

Someone with an obsession with sex and excrement? Unless he knows your address, I wouldn't worry about it :-)

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

superBadGirl ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 8:02 PM

OK that's just weird. Because I went and looked at your image, and it's nothing like that. And there are some images here that ARE like that. So if you were going to post something that rude, then make sure it fits the image, at least. Such an odd thing. I would ignore it, and totally leave the comment there. The person is just a troublemaker looking for a big reaction.

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 8:18 PM

The thing that just made me laugh my head off was the "Have you ever seen a real woman naked" portion, when your model is clothed! LOL!

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 8:27 PM

nked...huhhuhuhuhhuh...
SHUT UP Beavis..
...uhuhuhhuhuh..*..
Joke 'em if they can't take a ..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 8:29 PM

standing on soapbox Poser users are often targets of rancor from the 3D community for various reasons. Some of it is jealousy I'm sure over Poser's "ease of use" compared to the do-it-yourself techniques, but some of it also has to do with Poser's own community behavior. Yes, I consider myself part of this community, but I'm also part of other communities, and sometimes have to see things from "their" perspective as well. The truth is, as we all know, the Poser community is a very active one compared to those of other applications. Much of what is posted to the Poser galleries is work done by people who often do not take the time to work on developing their skills before publishing their art, and do not accept constructive critiques very well once the work is made public. People in this community tend to be compassionate and embrace all works, even that which is clearly a novice effort, without offering ways to improve. This is a pattern that manifests itself much more prolifically in this community than any other I've seen. The result, when viewed from the "outside" can appear as if this community has insulated itself from harsh or "matter-of-fact" critique. This apparantly causes some people to lash out indiscriminately at our community as a whole. At least that's how I see it. stepping off soapbox That said, I don't think the work in question here deserved the remarks made at all. Even if it were a constructive crit, which it was NOT, I don't think it would have been accurate at all. The guy is obviously just an idiot.

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

LornaW ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 8:30 PM

Someone that don't like poser and poser stationary, and just happened to pick you to make an example of. Don't pay heed as long as your enjoying the softwear.

cagewench ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 8:36 PM

that's messed... try not to take it to heart. cara

kusanagi73 ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 8:56 PM

Hmmm. Let me take a wild guess. The person who left that comment has no gallery themselves. Im going to look right now.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 9:37 PM

Trolls have their uses. Look at all the hits your going to get. LOL.

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 9:44 PM

"The person who left that comment has no gallery themselves. Im going to look right now." What does that prove actually?

ArtyMotion ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 9:49 PM

Quite right. I used to have a gallery here but removed it for several reasons.

geep ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 10:01 PM

Hi trelihan,

Welcome to the cesspool section of the world.

It is inevitable that you will eventually offend someone with something you say, do, or draw.

Renderosity has a "nudity" filter that may be used to filter out (properly flagged) images that may offend some viewers.

Unfortunately, there is no such filter to prevent someone who may be mentally unbalanced from becoming a member here and subsequently posting comments in the gallery or here in the forum. It just goes with the territory and one must just develop a dermis with greater dimension and more fortitude in order to survive. Just ask one who knows. ;=]

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 10:03 PM

In other words ... Don't worry about it! Your gallery images look very good ... go do more of them! cheers, dr geep ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 10:03 PM

In fact, that "troll" actually DOES have a gallery here. On the other hand, I DO NOT. Neither does ArtyMotion. I wonder what that means? ;-P

geep ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 10:05 PM

Um, can I make a guess ... ? I, um, er, uh , think it means that ... you don't have a gallery here. Am I right? Do I get a prize? ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 10:09 PM

Sorry Doc, I guess I cross-posted with ya there. My post should have been above your original one in order to make any sense in the flow of conversation. LOL. As for a prize... I'll get back to ya on that. ;-)

kusanagi73 ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 10:16 PM

Yes Maxx, the troll has a gallery. I was wrong. However, it's not as nice as trelihan's in my opinion. Perhaps I say that as I secretly wish him to troll me as well. lol. At least that way I'll get comments.

geep ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 10:18 PM

Hi Maxxx,

X-post ... never a prob ... sometimes makes for some interesting reading, ha ha. ;=]

re: the prize ... I won't hold my breath, ....... ok? ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

fls13 ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 10:22 PM

I saw your work, it's very good, and I think someone's pulling a little prank on you. :O)

Porthos ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 10:50 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=835631

Check out the one by "Donkeyoatey" in my gallery! " Christmas sprite! Oh for jammy dodgers. It's the birth of Christ..... If you don't believe in the saviour of mankind, don't jump on for the ride. If you do! dam but your in trouble! You really think this has anything to do with a baby born in a stable full of straw on a cold night. A child born to live a perfect life so that all mankind may have eternal salvation! If you don't believe, go have a wonderfull life, believe in fairies, believe in the power of crystals, but don't live some cheap arsed, sugar coated lie!"

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

kusanagi73 ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 11:01 PM

Oh Im jealous now. I really want a little troll of my own.

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 11:25 PM

"You really think this has anything to do with a baby born in a stable full of straw on a cold night. A child born to live a perfect life so that all mankind may have eternal salvation!" I find it ironic that he doesn't really know anything about his own religion. Jesus lived a perfect life? Where is that written? Jesus felt pressured by crowds, snapped at a woman who sought healing, turned his mother away when she questioned his sanity, let his anger show in the Temple, and let a friend die so he could show his authority over death. These things are not evidence of a perfect life. After all, Jesus was, at least in part, human. "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken me?"

superBadGirl ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 11:47 PM

I am starting to wonder if someone hasn't hijacked this guy's account login. Nobody really acts that way, do they?

cagewench ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 11:54 PM

One would hope not... cara

Ardiva ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 12:05 AM

I think he needs to have his account permanently banned.

igohigh ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 12:07 AM

file_157627.jpg

trelihan; I actually like your work, don't let blind critic get to ya! And for all those crying that they don't have your own troll; here ya go, but You get to change it!

Eternl_Knight ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 12:19 AM

I wouldn't worry about donkeyoaty - he's been trolling a tonne of images lately. Someone was showing off their new Xinxin stuff (Aiko character + clothes) & he was all up in arms about people being "aroused" by adolescent girls & whatnot. I think someone needs a chill pill... or to come into this thread. THAT would be fun grin

Ardiva ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 12:20 AM
cagewench ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 12:22 AM

I saw that, but since I am #1 Canadian and #2 anti-Bush, it didn't rattle me... I'd say this person feels a dire need to attract attention. cara

Ardiva ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 12:23 AM

Well..it may rattle the FBI some if not you. ;)

cagewench ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 12:26 AM

Now that's true, I heard about a girl on LJ who had the Secret Service show up at her home because of some thigns she'd said in her livejournal about President Dopey. :> cara

elizabyte ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 12:42 AM

Attached Link: https://tips.fbi.gov/

Well, the FBI actually investigate things like death threats to the President (yes, they really do). Follow the attached link if you want to give them a tip that there's someone posting rants here that look quite deranged and that one of them includes a threat against the President.

Firebirdz ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 1:11 AM

The same troll called me a pedophile in my latest image

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 1:43 AM

Why don't we all cut-n-paste the troll's comment into the comments section of his latest gallery creation. That way he would get a taste of his own medicine. BTW, his gallery items are pure kaka.

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 3:08 AM

"Why don't we all cut-n-paste the troll's comment into the comments section of his latest gallery creation." Because that's exactly what he's looking for. Attention.

KarenJ ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 3:43 AM

Thank you folks, this matter has been taken care of and the offensive comments deleted. Just a reminder to everyone... The TOS specifies that personal attacks are not allowed, including retaliatory attacks. That means that if a troll calls your picture "a steaming pile of poop", you can't go and post a comment on all his/her pictures saying the same thing. Otherwise you could end up getting yourself a warning, too. That hasn't happened on this ocassion but I just thought I'd remind everyone. Having a nasty comment posted can be very upsetting but the best way to deal with it is to contact a mod or coord and let us remove the comment and deal with the poster. Cheers! Karen Poser Coordinator

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 4:24 AM

Make sure you let everyone know about it here in the forum first before you tell the mods. Gives us something to have fun with and boost the hits on the image.

Singular3D ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 7:56 AM

I want to say something positive. The picture of the bench is quite nice. Well, hmm, it was made by his daughter, oops. He only posted it... :-)

cagewench ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 8:53 AM

It's good that the comments were removed :> cara

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 11:34 AM

I wanted to read the comments :(

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 12:46 PM

Good, constructive comments and praises have little to no entertainment value.

For most people -- it's fun to watch a fight....so long as you, personally, are safely on the other side of the glass.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 12:58 PM

I was just wanting to read the comments for entertainment. The trelihan picture that got the comments was actually very good.

geep ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 12:58 PM

Glass? NSG observes: "Da people who livin' in da glass houses shouldn't make da love."

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 12:59 PM

"... or, sumthin' lak dat."

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 1:04 PM

People who live in glass houses shouldn`t nail pictures up on the walls.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.