Sun, Sep 22, 12:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: captain on bridge, WIP

graylensman ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2000 at 2:26 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 12:32 AM

file_139854.jpg

Just a quick look at a frame composition. Lighting needs work. I want the details to be minimal; instead of "realistic" details, I want just enough to say"bridge" without overpowering figures. All suggestions welcome.

hoborg ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2000 at 6:00 PM

Hey, I like the style. But I would change whatever material is on the cuffs of the uniform. It's very distractin; esp where the lights are reflected. Just my $0.02. Nice composition. When are you going to leak out what the project is? Hoborg

ClintH ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2000 at 7:35 PM

graylensman, I love the characters! They are awesome. Sweet image as well! Regards, Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

graylensman ( ) posted Thu, 21 December 2000 at 8:35 AM

HOborg thanksforthe input. I wanted some sort of material that looked otherworldly, but I agree the chrome cuffs are distracting. As for leaking the project, I'm still smashing together starship designs and not happy with anything. Also, once I actually write the story (it's in my noodle right now) that will tell me that I might finish the damn thing, rather than consign it to the landfill of cool ideas I'll never finish ;)

AzChip ( ) posted Thu, 21 December 2000 at 9:16 AM

I'd agree about the aluminum foil cuffs (and pant-legs, as I recall....). Also looks like the image could be anti-aliased. In RDS it's called Adaptive Oversampling (for whatever unfathomable reason). That said, I can't wait to see what you're going to do with this. The characters do have personality and I bet you're going to have a whole lot of fun working with them. Keep us posted! Far too many of my projects wind up in that never-never land you call a landfill. Don't let this one go there. - Chip - Chip

Grimpup ( ) posted Thu, 21 December 2000 at 2:29 PM

I like the look of your characters. Whats the story line if its ok to ask? -Grimpup

graylensman ( ) posted Tue, 02 January 2001 at 1:16 PM

Welllllll.... The setting is in the 300th Year of the Ninth Federation. the mission of our gallant crew: to expand the frontiers of the Federation by visiting worlds long ago abandoned in the rise and fall of the previous Federations; to engage in archealogical research, especially for relics of the fabled Third Federation, whose technology, according to legend, approached the magical. I have an outline for the first story; when I find time I'll be scripting it out. With the ship design I'm doing exactly what I vowed not to do with this project: make things make "sense" and "believable". Ugh. What happens is I get bogged down in minutae. I'm looking toward a comic book-type thing, rather than a movie. Can't yet decide wether to make it a web-based thing, or a more traditional "book" in pdf format, to be downloaded. Chip, thanks for the vote of confidence. It's kind of neat, having a sort anticipation, and getting positive feedback. Sometimes I get dissatisfied with results before I'm ever finished with a project. tim

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.