Tue, Oct 8, 11:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 08 8:34 am)

Subject: The Sketch Boys in "El Spam Bandito"

ajvelez ( ) posted Tue, 21 December 2004 at 12:24 AM ยท edited Tue, 08 October 2024 at 11:43 AM

Attached Link: http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?videos=321632&T=9007

Hello, how are you?

I just posted this weeks episode: The Sketch Boys in "El Spam Bandito".

Windows Media

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?videos=321632&T=9007

Quicktime (24 megs)

http://www.foreordained.org/mov/elspambandito.mov

How I Did It.
First I came up with a funny script based on one of my own experiences. Then I recorded all the voices into Sony Acid Pro 5.
The I exported each characters line as an individual .WAV file and I wrote a corresponding .TXT file to go with it.
I imported those files one by one into DAZ3d Mimic Pro 3 and created the files for Curious Labs' Poser 4 Pro Pack. I posed
my characters and exported .AVI files and imported them into Adobe Premiere Pro. I assembled all the .AVI files and added
some sound, I'd like to thank The Robert Spriggs Group for letting me use the song "Ejector Seat". I exported from Adobe
Premiere Pro in various file formats. I also use Adobe After Effects for the beginning and ending screens and I used
Adobe Photoshop to adjust some of the layers.

jaybutton ( ) posted Tue, 21 December 2004 at 8:07 AM

Wow! This is so much better than your first short! Great camera angles, better interludes (though I thought the download interlude was a little long), better backgrounds, great overall. The mom character seemed a little incongruous with the three young men. (She was cartoony. They were not.) I also liked your use of music (better than the canned laughter.) Keep up the good work, Adam! Jay

ajvelez ( ) posted Tue, 21 December 2004 at 1:37 PM

Thanks Jay! Honestly I was a bit disappointed however I tried some new techniques that made up for it. Also, I pulled this one off in about 24 hours for a 3 minute cartoon. I can't tell you what's more fun, making it or watching it! I didn't do a very good job animating Carlos, you can see he is standing in the same pose for a long time. A closer camera angle would have solved this. Also, Jim's hair is blonde in some scenes and black in others! As for the Mom character, I don't have the skills yet to transform Vickie into a believable old hag fast enough, so I just used another default character from the Pro Pack. I just look at each episode as a weekly learning experience. I have some plans for this weeks episode, "Alpha Romeo" and I don't want to give it away but I want to use more movement. It's going to be a space adventure. AJ

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Tue, 21 December 2004 at 5:50 PM

Not bad, homes. Nobody can stop el spam bandito!

ajvelez ( ) posted Tue, 21 December 2004 at 6:47 PM

Hey bro, this one's for you! Remember last week? One of my co-workers suggested a woman so BAM, two new characters! Honestly, I am thinking about looking for some animation or comedy short film festivals. Until then, I'm already working on this weeks episode. I am planning on using the animation movement to make some funny scenes like hyper drive, etc. I really don't know what's going to happen until I get into it, but I got these cool spacegraft models and I was thinking about making a flyover scene in Bryce and importing into Poser. AJ

jaybutton ( ) posted Tue, 21 December 2004 at 7:13 PM

I don't own Bryce, but I don't think that you can import from Bryce into Poser, though you can import from Poser into Bryce. Not sure on that. Maybe a Bryce guru will chime in and let you know. Looking forward to your next short! Jay

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 21 December 2004 at 8:18 PM

This one is better, but the characters eyes need to move more, in some scenes there eyes don`t move at all. I thought that the dance sequence was slightly too long but maybe that was just me.

ajvelez ( ) posted Wed, 22 December 2004 at 9:55 AM

First I want to graciously thank all of you for your input. It really is helping me to get better. Y'all know that in Poser I can select the eyes and have them point at the camera, or whatever else. I tried that in a few scenes and it does make it more realistic. In other shots I just centered the camera on the characters face and that did the trick, but you can really tell when the eyes aren't moving. The dance sequence was a bit too long. I admit, I was trying to show off a bit. I used the sketch designer setting "colored" and I imported a .BVH motion file. Also, I was granted the use of the music by The Robert Spriggs Group. They read one of my other posts and I thought collaborating was a good idea so with all that new stuff going on I got a little carried away. As for Bryce, I have imported .AVI files into poser and used as a background to some of my previous animations, and I know Bryce can export an .AVI so... we'll see. AJ ps if anyone else has a collaboration idea or you know someone that does, let me know.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.