Sun, Sep 22, 8:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Pixelation in render problem

LindaB ( ) posted Wed, 22 December 2004 at 1:26 PM ยท edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 12:06 AM

file_160002.jpg

I completed a render using Poser 5, in it V3 is wearing 'The Dress' Headpiece and Hood, with the Nuits Blanches - Chapeaux texture. As you can see from the image I provided - V3 rendered fine - but the headdress and hood are all pixelated. I tried both the Firefly renderer and the P4 renderer, and both renders were pixelated. Is it just that the Nuits Blanches texture maps are too small for close-up renders? Or have I done something wrong? Any suggestions? thanks, Linda B

richardson ( ) posted Wed, 22 December 2004 at 2:06 PM

I don't really know the exact fix here, but you can easily cut the texture scale in half (U&V scale) and add quite a bit of bump to break it up. The lightest taupe grey would help bring it into the tonal range, too imho

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Wed, 22 December 2004 at 11:28 PM

Did you make sure to antialias your P4 render? I would send an IM to the author of the set explaining your problem and asking for help.

greetinx ( ) posted Thu, 23 December 2004 at 3:33 AM

Have you unchecked smooth polygons in the render options ? I have this problem sometimes with certain lighting and camera angles.

LindaB ( ) posted Thu, 23 December 2004 at 12:54 PM

Thanks for your help. I think the problem had something to do with my settings for the bump in P5. Once I set the bump back to the default setting, the pixelation was gone. The bump looked better with the settings I had, but I had to change them back to default to get rid of the pixelation. Thanks to all who took time to reply. Linda B

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.