Sun, Sep 22, 2:50 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: looking for a few comments

ninhalo5 ( ) posted Thu, 21 December 2000 at 1:09 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:37 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_139902.jpg

this was rendered totally in bryce the character is sophie by thorne (she's home all alone waiting for thorne to come out of hiding so they can play :o) )

Sinv-jica ( ) posted Thu, 21 December 2000 at 9:02 AM

right...trust me u don't want comments

ninhalo5 ( ) posted Thu, 21 December 2000 at 10:19 AM

?? and why's that?

Quikp51 ( ) posted Thu, 21 December 2000 at 2:58 PM

Not bad , I would adjust the angle more so you can see her entire face in the reflection in the mirror though rather than just half.

Sinv-jica ( ) posted Fri, 22 December 2000 at 1:48 PM

ok, these are my comments and opinions on the picture, MY OPINIONS, not everyone elses. The floor texture is not the right scale. The Fireplace texture is either scaled wrong or really sucks The "Door" obviously goes no where, u can see the wall through the crack The door is the wrong size and is at a slant. The fire texture is ok but the inside of the fireplace is not realistic and hinds the fire The Clock on the mantel is obviously a model you downloaded but there is no mention of from where, which I personally think is wrong, if you DL a model you must mention where you get it from. The Fireplace is away from the wall, and that makes no sense. You are using nudety for nudeties sake not for art Her hair is really bad, but I think thats a poser problem not yours. There are my comments

subin ( ) posted Sat, 23 December 2000 at 12:11 AM

Focus on depth of field and texture Authenticity, More Intriguing lighting would help a lot. (whats the pictue above the fire place is she the devils Daughter)

ninhalo5 ( ) posted Sat, 23 December 2000 at 12:55 AM

hmm how can a door be the wrong size? ok i do apoligize the clock well i do belive i found that at the 3dcafe cant say who made it theres no mention of the original creator anywhere theres nothing wrong with the fireplace texture its a bryce preset mud covered bricks i think its called i was going for that old look the fire i do admit can be better i cant for the life of me figure out how to make it brighter maybe i should try adding a light or something in it i dunno the fireplace is not away from the wall just bad lighting hey i am still learning i dont know much about having a light go where i want it to yet i'm working on it though the room is a tad crooked cause thats how the cameras angled i was trying to get a corner of the room effect but i ran out of space i made the room bigger but it was the same deal.. nudities sake? ok if you say so i know a lot of girls that like to freshin up in front of a mirror nude and theres nothing wrong with that besides ive never seen a fairy wearing an evening gown :o) but anyhow thanks for the comments thats what helps me learn thats why i asked i'm still doing some touch ups just needed some opinions to see what all i could do to make things better jeff by the way the pic abouve the fire place is sophie the same girl in front of the mirror shes related to fairies i forget what the proper name of that species is

Nuke ( ) posted Sun, 24 December 2000 at 2:19 AM

Jeff, don't sweat it we all have to start somewhere. I think you should look at your own living room and really see how things look, then try to achieve that look in your scenes. Use the deep texture editor to scale down the textures in this scene. They are way too big and it distracts the viewers eye from your center point, which I think you want to be sophie. Also as subin pointed out, there is no depth which makes the scene look flat itstead of realistic. As for the credits, come on people, we all create textures, models, props, etc. Is this not a forum for creativity, sharing, learning, and growth. Yes I know it's important to give credit where credit is due, and I firmly believe in the copyright laws, but give the guy a break, it's obvious he's starting out, cut him some slack. As long as he's not making a profit on it, live and let be.

ninhalo5 ( ) posted Sun, 24 December 2000 at 1:24 PM

thanks nuke, for the vote of confidance gotta question though... whats this deep texture editor? i keep trying to adjust the camera size, angle and the room size but it keeps coming out the same, or else it starts to look like the room is inside a bubble. i do alot of outdoor scenes with bryce but now i'm trying new things modeling and so forth got alot to learn and the stupid manual dont help much when things start getting technical makes me think harder and then i get confused lol

ringbearer ( ) posted Sun, 24 December 2000 at 4:57 PM

Check out some of the tutorials on this site-they are excellent and will really help. Or just do a search for deep texture tutorials. I recommend Real World Bryce 4 by Susan A. Kitchens & Victor Gavenda. Hope this helps.

There are a lot of things worse than dying, being afraid all the time would be one.

My Gallery

Nuke ( ) posted Sun, 24 December 2000 at 6:54 PM

Jeff, no problem. Glad to help a fellow Brycer, and after all that's what this community is about. As for the Deep Texture Editor, go to the edit menu, it's the first icon on the left (looks like a square with some chunks cut out of it. Once that screen comes up, you'll find the scaling tool over on the right side of the screen. First left button will bring up another screen. If you don't find it email me (drizzt_831@yahoo.com), I'll explain in further detail, or as Ringbearer pointed out, there are several great tutorials with screen caputers of the interface. Hope it helps.

Maxxtro ( ) posted Mon, 25 December 2000 at 4:34 PM

just ignore Sinv-jica his main goal is to scare people away from here (kind of spooky isn't?)....he also seems to have a problem with nudity... btw "broken" is 1 of my fav nin albums

the3dwizard ( ) posted Tue, 26 December 2000 at 1:21 PM

I think that your ambience settings in the material editor are probably way to high. The reason I say this is because the textures look washed out and the shadow colors are not consistent. Except for the fire the amb. levels should all be set low and at the same level. I suggest amb. around 5-10% and set the diff. level to around 95-90%. Also the girl's shadow shows on the wall but not on the floor? Put a light object in the fire place. I would use two, one orange and one yellow. Play with the setting to get just the right amount of light coming out of the fireplace and lighting the inside walls of the fireplace. If the fireplace is on a cube stretch the cube back until it meets the wall. For the floor texture I would suggets going into the material editor and doubling the scale. Remember convincing 3D is in the details.

Sinv-jica ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2000 at 12:40 PM

Take your crap somewhere else Maxxtro, I simply gave my opinion as stated in what I said, saying that someone is full of shit for simply stating their opinion when It was asked for. this is typical of how renderosity is falling apart from too many amatures and not enough profesonalism. It seems people are more willing to try and be warm and fuzzy rather then realistic. No one ever gets anywhere by having someone carry them, they have to crawl there on their own. Anything along these discussion lines should probley be moved to the complaint and debate area or your bathroom, where this kind of crap belongs.

Bladesmith ( ) posted Thu, 28 December 2000 at 3:27 AM

Yeah, lose the ambiance...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.