Wed, Sep 18, 12:51 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Developers

Welcome to the Developers Forum

(Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:02 am)

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Project Kaimira: Pt 3 The Next Stage Evolution

Tamela.J. ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 7:58 PM

Sweetie this is so ROCKEN COOL, as you already know!!!! I cant wait to get my hands on her, as you already know LOL!!! OUTSTANDING job hun!! Really outstanding!! XXXOOO Tamela

ArtyMotion ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 8:16 PM

file_161417.jpg

I've been following these developments with great interest, and you are doing a fabulous job with the modeling. However, I have a slight suggestion (I hope you take this in the positive light that it is intended, especially since you've already done some work on the body). Your project Kaimira seems to have very similar proportions to the Vickies. That may be done intentionally, so they can share eachother's closets. ;-) However, as far as "real world" proportions go, Victoria's head is way too small for her body. Being that you are indeed trying to make the model as realistic as possible, I offer this as a comparison to a "real world" female. I took a side view photo from 3d.sk, and sized it the same height as your side view. As you can see, the head is quite a bit larger, and the rest of the body proportions may need adjustment as well. A larger head will probably mean larger hands ... I think the length of the hand is roughly equal to the distance between the chin and the hairline. Again, this isn't meant to dis your work, because you are doing a great job!

Georgous ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2005 at 12:44 PM

Awesome Job so far..Shorten the neck a bit.One thing i hate about Vickie is her giraffe neck.Soften the shoulders a little make them a little plumper and a little rounder. Very nice Job cant wait to buy her... Hehe :)

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 8:33 AM

Poor Sera (smile). Some many (personal) preferences and so little time. For example, I like long necks. But on to Arty's interesting photo (and comments). NOW, bear in mind I'm no way a figure artist. But, I wonder if one shouldn't review a LOT of full-length shots before deciding on proportions. I mean, women/females come in all sorts of proportions and sizes (even though they may all be slender). It might be useful to fetch a few images (if possible) of female models (since I suspect that type of look is a good percentage of what Kai is targeted to mimic...morphs notwithstanding) and make additional proportion comparisons.

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 9:06 AM

stahlratte ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 9:15 AM

Attached Link: http://www.portrait-artist.org/misc/proportion.html

"...and make additional proportion comparisons."

No need for that. Others have already done it and ArtyMotion is perfectly right.

AVERAGE size for a women is betwen six to seven heads lenghts. (See link)
Eight head lenghts size is for fashion models (or comic book Superheroes).
So Vickys proportions out of the box are maybe not downright impossible, but definitly way beyond average.
(To be honest, once you notice it, she looks pretty ridicoulus) :-)

So I usually adjust my characters heads to 104-110 percent (In addition to other changes) to make them look more like human beeings.

stahlratte

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 10:16 AM

Well, if I can post a quote from the link you provided: "In reality, most people are about 7 1/2 head lengths, or even 6 1/2 head lengths. But this just doesn't look "right" when drawn on paper. So, it is acceptable (and strongly encouraged) to heighten the figure a bit. 8 head lengths is the recommended standard for figure drawings (or even 8 1/2 heads, if the person is very tall and "heroic")." So, your paraphrasing is "skewed" a bit from the info you posted (unless I missed it or was supposed to delve further into the site you provided). I think a key piece of information is that figures drawn on paper at the correct number of heads just doesn't look right and, therefore, the author recommends using 8 heads instead. BTW, I did a search on that page for "fashion" and didn't get a hit, so not sure where you based your comment, "Eight head lenghts size is for fashion models" from. Again...perhaps I was supposed to scour the whole website.

ArtyMotion ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 10:18 AM ยท edited Thu, 06 January 2005 at 10:18 AM

A good compromise solution, since it affects the head and neck somewhat, is to provide a morph dial that will increase head size and shorten neck without resorting to rescaling, which makes things look funky at the joints.

Message edited on: 01/06/2005 10:18

Seraphira ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 10:30 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_161419.jpg

Holy shit! LOL! I think i started something here hehehe ;) Please note to everyone. Thank you for you're comments and views on realistic females. In this last while Kaimira is always changing. Now With the 8 heads thing, Kaimira is actually 9 Heads tail, which I will need to shorten that a bit. After this modification there will be no more. :) LOL i'll never be able to finisher lol. But I dearly thank you all for helping me so, you all gave me awesome and priceless points on "real humans", this is the part of the learning process as i am creating Kaimira. Now here's few changes that I did make. I made her hands and head a bit bigger, it does look alot better. Also I shortened her neck a bit. Next List of changes: I will change her hight to 8 heads and then I will do the rest of the detailing in low res mesh I had to delete the layers because of all the resizing and changing of Kaimira. Once she's done I will re put in the layer system. I want to finish her by the end of the week, and it's comming shortly and i still have to finish her feet and toes yet. Here's some previews. I hope you like the changes that where made.

ArtyMotion ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 10:30 AM

file_161421.jpg

The 7-1/2 heads is spot on, from the looks of it ... Kaimira is about 8-2/3 heads.

Seraphira ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 10:31 AM

file_161422.jpg

I just looked at her legs I think I know what's wrong. why she's 9 heads rather then 8 heads... after these set of pictures i'll change it. :)

ArtyMotion ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 10:32 AM

YES, Seraphira, that is much better! I like it SOOOOO much more now! (PS ... the previous post with the picture was crossposted with you ... but I thought I'd keep it in for future reference so people could see proportions.)

Seraphira ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 10:33 AM

file_161424.jpg

here's a nother one. :) Me go change her height. :D

Seraphira ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 10:36 AM

it's ok arty, I am glad you're helping me! :D By the way i wasn't angery at all or upset or anything. I am just so glad ur interested in Kaimira. This is a great learning experance for me honey. It's ok about the cross post. :) I am changing her height a bit her legs are a bit long that's why she was 8 2/3 heads tall. :)

ArtyMotion ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 10:37 AM

Oh that is SOOOOOO much better now. She is really coming along beautifully!

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 10:37 AM

The poser figures so far have all been the classical greek ideal proportions (8 heads high) for someone to be eight head heights high they would be between 7 and eight feet tall. You could still make the figure 7 and a half head heights tall and make it the same height as the other figures so that props and vehicles etc can still work with the figure.

Seraphira ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 10:43 AM

file_161429.jpg

Ok this girl is fast as lighting! :D LOLOLOL :D I shortened her legs which makes a BIGGG difference. Arty you can take this image and count how many heads high she is if u like. :) Here's she is. I think it looks a bit better now.

Seraphira ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 10:46 AM

file_161430.jpg

ok I did some more I changed her knee position bit lower it seemed to look funny in the other views. Here's a peek. Ok guys I am going to the store for some pop, munchies, so I can sit infront of the computer and model my brains out lmao! :)

ArtyMotion ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 10:52 AM

file_161431.jpg

Yes, she looks much better ... I'd leave it at that, because it's a good compromise between the original head size and "realistic" head size. She is now "heroic" height. 8-) As someone pointed out already, the article said that illustrators use 8 to 8-1/2 head heights. Kaimira is right in that range now.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 11:03 AM

Sera, she looks awesome! Thanks for keeping us updated :)

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 11:11 AM

Yes, you don`t actually have to make the figure 7 and a half heads high that is just being a bit too pedantic.

Georgous ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 11:34 AM

The distance between her nipples and her chin is too long. Comin along tho...Yer doin a great Job Sera

Georgous ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 11:38 AM

The Heads thingy is more for comic characters i think...Average Humans are actually 6 1/2 to 7 heads tall

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 11:57 AM

The average height for humans is seven and a half heads tall. But shorter people and taller people have different proportions.

Seraphira ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 11:11 AM

thanks papa. :) Just wait until she's finished. I will post some more updates soon. :) Sera

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 6:08 PM

I think you have a few serious regulars, Sera. wink

Seraphira ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 6:16 PM

lol!, I am glad I have a few serious regulars. Chuck do you remember the first posting of Kaimira? it was just a small post and a face that looked like a mask. Now things have changed so much. :) I plan to finish modeling her Tonight! :D. XOXOXO Sera

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 6:18 PM

Oh, yes, I remember (embarassed grin). I glanced at it, remembered you were the one making those detailed outfits, and I thought (to myself), "So, what's with the Mardi Gras mask?" and clicked on out. Wasn't till later I actually "got a clue"

Seraphira ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 6:47 PM

file_161436.jpg

"me Pat's Chucks back lightly" lol sweety don't worrie, I think everyone thought it was a mask. :) but it sure was a surprise afterwards to everyone. I saw a post about antons maximus, I gather I am not the first one to think about possable toes lol. :) Dang :P I am sitting here right now working on her feet, god i hate to do feet! sorry I'm bitching lol. I am terrible at feet and advoid doing them at all costs lol. i rather have my teeth pulled. LOL! But I still take my time and great care on them, because people want awesome model not a half baked and badly put together. I had a few people rush me high about the ranks so to speak but I can't rush it. I am in love with this project, it's really became my baby you know. :) Here's some lame attempt at feet first pass. Still needs alot done but the basic shape is there. I am doing the toes seprately and then i'll attach them. it's easier to model them that way, besides a girl has to see what's she doing right? LOL Sera

Seraphira ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 7:53 PM

file_161437.jpg

hi once again, Here's a big toe for u guys LMAO! Starting of toes that is. :) next to the foot is a basic box. Yes that's how i start with the toes and kaimira her self is the basic box. I working with the big toe first, they will be a little different because I will be making them possable. :) Sera

Georgous ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 8:10 PM

Who is the Gorgious woman in the Photograph?

Chas ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 9:18 PM

Catsuit: I wonder if it would be more feasible to do this with morphs and textures on the basic figure? Catsuits are supposed to fit tightly, even with some visible skin compression where the catsuit ends. As for folds, etc, morphs along the variety of Traveler's old "no ears" "no navel" "smooth chest" come to mind. I'm tired of seeing stockings that "float" above the skin. :D And judging from the movement and folds for your Sleeveless Top, I'm certain that you're more than capable of it. Rounded shoulders: Please include a morph to restore these to squarer proportions if desired -- one of the most attractive things a woman can have is proud shoulders! Or maybe it's just me.... :) Height: Women tend to be shorter in the abdominal region than men, such that you could probably improve the heads ratio by shortening her torso a bit. The model in the photograph may even be a wee bit longer in the torso than typical. All in all, I like what I'm seeing. There is obviously already an incredible amount of work and detail put into this. bookmark

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 10:05 PM

She's looking great. I see you are getting all the little piggies back from the market :)

Seraphira ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 10:48 PM

file_161438.jpg

LOLOLOLOL! papa ur so FUNNY! :D whew i needed that laugh lol. :) Here's another little piggy that just came home. This is the low res version that i actually work on with out mesh smooth modifier. :)

Seraphira ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 10:58 PM

file_161439.jpg

chas, well first a few things i would like you to know. Kamira will have the catsuit type modeled right into her mesh which is primarly used for transmap areas such as leg hair, or other body hair, tattoos and intergrating vein system for kaimira. There will be a realistic catsuit comming out for kaimira. 2. As i said before there will be countless morphs. about 2 to 3 times more then V3. So you can change just about anything about Kaimira if you want to. :) here's the high res mesh of this second piggy came home ;) LOL! Sera

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2005 at 5:16 AM

Amazing!

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2005 at 10:07 AM

Which piggy had roast beef? and none? LOL

jaybutton ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2005 at 10:07 AM

Kaimira is coming along great! I know some people were speculating that you might be discouraged from continuing with her now that V3 is available for free. I am glad to see that are not. This is a beautiful character and am interested in seeing it come to completion. Jay

Georgous ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2005 at 2:13 PM

Yes please rescue us from the evil clutches of the hennious Vickie..yER DOIN GREAT!!

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2005 at 5:05 PM

Kaimira certainly appears to have REAL shoulders... It's certainly going to be fun playing with her :)

Seraphira ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2005 at 5:45 PM

file_161440.jpg

hi everyone, My Saying is never say DIE! LOL although that V3/M3 is still being released for free, the novelity will wear off sooner or later. I am still pushing forward on Kaimira. All that needs to be done is the detailing of her toes and feet as well as her ankels. Then her main modeling process will be completeled. All I will need to do is incorpate the layering system. :) Here's her view of her toes so far, I still need to put in her nails and some more detailing. :) but it's comming along nicely. They are a bit straighter because of possing issues. :) Sera

Seraphira ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2005 at 5:50 PM ยท edited Sat, 08 January 2005 at 5:51 PM

file_161443.jpg

V3 should me considered obsolete once i incorpate all the goodies, I am not revealing them all. I hear some cases of other steeling ideas and stuff. creepy :O I try to be orginal as much as possible giving people what they want and what they need, I am pushing poser to the most extreme! There was some tought to also make her compadible with daz Studio, but i am still not sure just yet. But she will be for poser Pro 4/5 though. There will be removal and injection poses for her to keep her file size down since there's so many morphs.

If there's features u wanna see? better tell me now before i finish her modeling process. :D

Sera

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Message edited on: 01/08/2005 17:51

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2005 at 10:37 PM

She's looking great...are you giving her foot an arch or are you making morphs for that? I know for me, posing V3's feet for heels is a real pain. Keep up the great work ;)

Seraphira ( ) posted Sun, 09 January 2005 at 6:05 PM

file_161444.jpg

hi everyone, some great news, Kaimira's modeling process is almost completed! YAhhooo!. All that needs to be done now is put the halfs together to make kaimira a full model rather then a half of a one lmao. After that I will be installing her MTL System. Papa I will be putting in arch foot morphs. :) Here's a preview of her toes with no nails. These are the nail bends that is under neath the nail. :)

Seraphira ( ) posted Sun, 09 January 2005 at 6:08 PM

file_161445.jpg

Here's the view with her beautiful toe nails. The toe nails will have the same morphs as the finger nails. :) It's been about 3 months now modeling Kaimira, what a trip I am so glad it's nearly over, now we can start on the real fun stuff. After she's finished with the modeling, we're going to need Material zones which will be alot of work. Sera

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Sun, 09 January 2005 at 6:22 PM

She needs a pedicure (smile). So, how long has it been for Kai so far?

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Sun, 09 January 2005 at 8:48 PM

She's looking great :)

Seraphira ( ) posted Mon, 10 January 2005 at 12:32 AM

file_161448.jpg

it's been 3 months modeling Time and 4 months preperation time before kai was modeled. It takes a while, to creat a good figure. Here's a view really good pictures of kai. Something to give you a taste of kaimira.

Seraphira ( ) posted Mon, 10 January 2005 at 12:35 AM

file_161451.jpg

I did her nails a bit longer because it gives me more of a mesh to work with on creating morphs for the nails. :)

Seraphira ( ) posted Mon, 10 January 2005 at 12:38 AM

file_161453.jpg

Here's another view of Kai. Fully modeled! She takes light so well! I am so proud of myself hehe. :) U wouldn't never have know this was my first human figure that i ever modeled.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.