Mon, Sep 9, 7:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: V3 M3 Stuff

momodot ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 10:30 PM · edited Thu, 29 August 2024 at 3:19 PM

I just took advantage of the generous Daz offer of the V3 and M3 base models... can you direct me to the best FreeStuff available (no luck with searches here) for the figures. Specificaly I am looking for texture and also for any head morphs that might exist that would alow me to make characters as I can not afford the morph injection packages at this time.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 12:48 AM

There are M3 textures here in free stuff by d-larson that are worth looking at. I'm not sure about morphs, especially for M3. I suggest you glance through the galleries again...

Bert007 ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 1:28 AM

Just a question, where did you get V3 and M3 ? I tried getting it from the Daz site but had to go through the checkout part and give my address, etc. Which I couldnt really be bothered doing. Is there somewhere where it can just be downloaded without going through the checkout, etc ??

cliff-dweller ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 1:29 AM

Hi momodot, gosh, I think you'd need the morph packages from daz to use any character morphs. mutedbanshee, Vali, chrislenn, Lisbeth, RNKarenER, Pjaj are some people who have had V3 textures in freestuff that I've downloaded...so you might try searching those names in freestuff and see if there is something you like. there were some more nice ones in the holiday giveaway, but that just ended yesterday, I think...all the download links are dead, at least! :-( maybe those will appear in freestuff, too best of luck! bye, Jen

Check out my full gallery at Cliff-Dweller Artworks

ikercito ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 2:01 AM

Bert, I wasn't bothered either so I didn't download them. I just guess it's part of the deal to give your address and account... It's fair, isn't it? I keep giving my personal info to a minimun, if anybody else got them without giving those details, please post where to find the downloads. Thx! Ike.

Bert007 ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 2:32 AM

Ok if I do go and give address, etc. How do you get the V3 and M3 models ? Are they sent to the address on a cd via Post ? Or are they emailed to you or what ? I didnt want to give address because I am in Australia and sometimes people dont want to ship things internationally for free.

Flak ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 2:49 AM

They give you a download link.

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

moochie ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 2:50 AM

You download them. It'll take a while if you're on dial-up. But Daz doesn't pass your details onto any third party and you can opt out of receiving their regular sales e-mails. The other option is to wait for a couple of months .. I bet you that when version 1.0 of Daz|Studio is released, a number of computer magazines will have 'exclusive' Daz content appearing on their CDs.

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 3:20 AM

my advice is get em now. i love my v3 and m3. i trust daz with my credit card details. love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Starkdog ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 3:34 AM

Bert007, Believe me, DAZ is LEGIT. By providing certain information, you create an "account" with DAZ, so that if your computer crashes, they can reset your downloads, knowing what you had bought. If anything, after downloading V3 and M3 from DAZ, go to your account info, and delete your credit card info. Someone also mentioned that when ready to "check out", click on Paypal, as that bypases the credit info. Even though it seems intrusive, it makes purchasing there a lot easier. I am not a MOD, however, be VERY CAUTIOUS about asking where to download things. Renderosity, and other Poser sites look down upon warez and copyright infringement. Even though DAZ now made V3 and M3 free, re-distribution is still illegal, just as when one would have to truly purchase($39.95) the models. I hope this helps, -The Starkdog

UrbanChilli ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 4:51 AM

When you enter your credit card info you get an obtion to stor you card details with daz or not, just uncheck the box.

Bert007 ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 5:56 AM

No its ok, I will just go without it. I will wait to see if it comes out on magazine. I was only asking how it works as I have never really been game enough to give credit card details out. Thank you all for your info.

Lunaseas ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 6:21 AM

you don't have to give your credit card details if you don't want, just select the paypal option.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 7:16 AM

I think someone said that you don't even have to have a PapPal account to use the PP option. I suppose you could supply a fake name & address as well if you want though unless Australia is very different from the US, you're on hundreds of junk mail lists already. I use a Yahoo email account if I want to keep my main email private.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Bert007 ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 7:32 AM

Yeah you gotta hate those spam mailers :( We get so much email for AUSten Texas because we are in AUStralia. Luckily my ISP now has spam filtering. Apologies to momodot for what this thread has turned into. I suggest keep watching the wonderful freebie section here or try googling it and follow links around places like webrings, etc. Good luck.

pdxjims ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 8:13 AM

There's free clothing for M3/V3 in the Daz Free Archive, rDNA, here, and many other places. You may have to wade through a lot, but there is some. Also clothing for other characters can be made to fit M3/V3 with a little work. There are tutorials on how to do it in various places.

momodot ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 9:36 AM

DAZ freebie archive is a great idea, thanks. Wading through here has been a bear and not too successful as I'll check notes on an item called say "Spring Dress" and find it is a texture for a commercial product. Just browising, even of searches, is miserable for me given I get 1.5KB/sec to 3.0KB/sec download on my dial up (no broadband is not available in my location). Thanks again, I check out DAZ.

rreynolds ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 10:28 AM

To streamline your searching through the freebies here, use the dropdown menu to pick the Poser area and then click Michael and Millie/Vickie (I wonder when they'll drop the "Millie" moniker because that hasn't been used in years). Just keep in mind that M3/V3 items aren't compatible with M1/M2/V1/V2 items. It also wouldn't hurt to take a 1-month membership in the Platinum Club and pick up some of the clothing items there.

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 10:48 AM

There is nothing wrong with getting the Free Vicky 3 & Mike 3. Your credit card will not be charged, because they are FREE. If you choose the PayPal option you will not need to enter credit card info, or have a PayPal account. DAZ already has your email address and such if you've ever shopped at DAZ, or if you read the forums. I've never received any spam from my contacts at DAZ. I control which email addresses I give out for various reasons, so I can tell who gets what. They're FREE, get them.

melanie ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 11:26 AM · edited Fri, 07 January 2005 at 11:28 AM

And there's no reason to be afraid of DAZ. They're totally secure, totally legit, they've been in business for years and are the most trustworthy on-line 3D store there is. I have well over 100 purchases there and have never had a problem. I'm also a Platinum Club member. They don't sell your info to other places, so you don't get spammed. Their customer service is the best there is and they're easy to deal with. They were a spin-off from Zygote and have become an independent company. You can't go wrong with them.

As you can see, I'm a big fan of DAZ! :) And no, I don't work for them. I'm just a very satisfied customer. Oh, and DAZ is the only place you can get any of the Millennium figures (Vicki, Michael, etc.) because they created them.

Melanie

Message edited on: 01/07/2005 11:28

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 11:33 AM

You know DAZ is a great company when "Company officials" take the time to call you at home to address your concerns. If I ever had any doubts, they're gone.

melanie ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 11:40 AM

Absolutely! I've even spoken to Dan Farr, the president of the comapny. Melanie

ShadowWind ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 12:10 PM

Dan Farr is good people. He helped me out with an issue I'd been having. Not many companies let you IM the president and get a response. As far as credit cards go, honestly, having worked in credit card processing, it's much safer than giving your card out at the local restaurant (where they record it and anybody can basically get your number). Daz, as has been said, is not a fly by night company. They've been in business for years and have always been very good about security and other issues. Honestly, I'd trust Daz more than I would trust Paypal with my card...

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 12:30 PM

Yes, I too spoke to Dan Farr. I may have had, or still have some "difficulties or complaints," but I remain impressed by anyone who would take the time to call me, and spend over half and hour on the phone in an effort to work things through.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 2:06 PM

Back to the stuff, I released for free a clothing pack for V3, just click my name and go to my free stuff.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 3:46 PM · edited Fri, 07 January 2005 at 3:47 PM

The thumbnails are missing. But the file is still available.

Message edited on: 01/07/2005 15:47

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 4:05 PM

I downloaded it anyway as odeathoflife stuff always good! Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

odeathoflife ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 4:19 PM

yeah I have removed almost all my thumbnails from my stuff hosted in my renderosity file locker as they seem to be a huge drain on my bandwidth from there, the files are still available though :)

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 7:46 PM

Thank you!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.