Thu, Sep 19, 3:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: This Doesn't Make Me Want To Spend Money On V3 :(

zippyozzy ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 8:38 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:20 PM

file_182054.jpg

Why? Why can't the cloths simply fit without a struggle? Rendered in P4. I'm on the verge of quitting Poser for a while. I would never spend big bucks on V3 clothing. Very seldom does anything conform at the press of a button, even zeroed down isn't working for me unless I morph it too death. Holes everywhere. Im starting to get frustrated. lol :(

Message edited on: 02/09/2005 20:40

Booker5 ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 8:49 PM

I feel your pain! I have a lot of problems making clothes fit. Two outfits I find painless for use with V3 are the DAZ V3 Bikini and the DAZ V3 Catsuit. The Catsuit has the advantage of being a very versatile outfit because of what you can do with the material zones. You might want to check them out.

nakamuram ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 9:26 PM

Is your V3 character morphed? If so, you need set the corresponding morphs in the clothes. If the clothes don't have morphs, then you need to use Tailor to copy them in. Magnet kits are an alternative to morphing. You get better results with the clothes. Search Marketplace for Wyrmmaster or William the Bloody. Don't give up, there is a lot of good clothing out there!!

zippyozzy ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 10:05 PM

I've tried everything lol. I have abig problem with boots, I can finish the rest of the body off with morphs but every dam pair of boots have holes and rips. That's what the most painful for me is. I really wanted to use this outfit too. lol. I'm hoping P6 will make life easier for the clothing problems.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 10:14 PM

Turn her feet and legs invisible. At least, as much as you can without it showing. You can also try slightly scaling her shins (or whatever part it poking through). If the body part is mostly hidden by the clothes, who cares if it's skinnier than normal? Many boots, gloves, etc., are designed to be used with body parts turned off. It's just easier than trying to make them fit, especially when posed. BTW, what outfit is this? Are you sure it's meant for V3?

zippyozzy ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 10:21 PM

I think I got it here. I never dl anything that doesn't say for V3 on it and compatible with P4. It's mainly the boots I'm having the problem with. This is a rough render, just to show what happens to me each time I try to use a cool outfit for V3 lol. I can't seem to cut it with poser at all, except for M3, which conforms with ease and less of a struggle than V3, for me anyway. I haven't tried to make it invisible yet, that might help.:)

ghelmer ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 10:29 PM

I think that's a V2 outfit... I remember seeing it awhile back and I'm pretty sure it was on V2... also it looks like you may not have conformed it to the V3 figure. The tops of the boots look a little off centered to me. Don't give up on Poser!! Just take baby steps and it'll all fall into place!! Later! G

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

You are pure, you are snow
We are the useless sluts that they mould
Rock n roll is our epiphany
Culture, alienation, boredom and despair

elenorcoli ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 10:42 PM

bad conforming and plastic looks made me move on to dynamic cloth, which is it's own entire pain in the butt. but they are right about poser, it is unique in the animation software world, and where i once derided it's capabilities now i realize the incredible stregnth and simplicity of this package compared to others.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 11:00 PM

What's that they say? No pain, no gain?

Sure, Poser has its difficulties. But they are not insurmountable. The results that you will achieve down the road make it worth the effort.

In some ways, using Poser is like learning to ride a bicycle. Difficult at first: but once you've done it enough -- then it becomes second nature to you.

Keep it up.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

zippyozzy ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 11:12 PM

I even tried itin V2 samething happened. I have yet to do a good render with V3 lol. I'll start this ver tonight when I'm not so tired and see what happens. I love poser for the animation, thats what got me hooked just wish the cloths would conform easier. Wishlist for P6. I can render Michael 3 in less time than VICKY. I think EVE in P4 spoiled me, everything seemed to fit her perfectly. :)

SWAMP ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 11:28 PM

The reason it won't conform to Vic3 is that is an old outfit made for Vic1/2. That's Xurge's Fantasy Leather Outfit for Victoria 1/2 (Copyright 2002)...haven't seen it sold anywhere for quite some time.

zippyozzy ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 11:42 PM · edited Wed, 09 February 2005 at 11:55 PM

file_182056.jpg

I've been downloading V3 stuff from different sites, all over the place, now I'll have to check to see where I got it from if it's that old. I started this over on V3 will make it work somehow. I still had the same problem though when I used it on V2. This one was done without any major morphing.

Message edited on: 02/09/2005 23:55

ghelmer ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2005 at 12:09 AM

If you morph anything on the body you'll have to have similar morphs on the clothing.... that's why you had poke through!! The Tailor will be helpful for you to move the body morphs you want to use onto the clothing objects to make sure the clothes always fit! G

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

nakamuram ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2005 at 12:30 AM

Since this is a V2 outfit, you should use "Vicki 3 to Vicki 2" -- THe character with the V3 Head and V2 Body.

zippyozzy ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2005 at 1:23 AM · edited Thu, 10 February 2005 at 1:25 AM

file_182058.jpg

No need for Tailer with this one. This is what happens when I try to pose her in it. This is so not worth the frustration. Not gonna keep going out of my way to make it work. I'll just keep the boots and the rest will get deleted. problem solved lol.

Message edited on: 02/10/2005 01:25

ghelmer ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2005 at 1:29 AM

I've found that lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of clothes require adjusting after posing. Usually not huge adjustments but a little tweak here and there. You'll get used to it and it WILL become sencond nature for you!!! DON'T get discouraged!!! G

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

zippyozzy ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2005 at 1:37 AM

I'm not really. Just experimenting in V3 and wanting to throw my laptop against the wall well I'm at it. lmao. ;)

Aeneas ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2005 at 2:21 AM

Try to see what happens. Vicky is a mesh of polygons. So are the clothes. When you move a point of one of V's polys, it'll poke through the clothes mesh. Which is why you have to do a similar act on the clothes. Clothes are not like real clothes.

I have tried prudent planning long enough. From now I'll be mad. (Rumi)

zippyozzy ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2005 at 5:19 PM

Clothes are not like real clothes. I know, was just venting a little frustration. :)

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2005 at 6:55 PM

I know this is against the pure Poser render rules, but the easiest way around this is to render twice...once with the clothes and the figure, and once with the offending figure parts made invisible. Take into your favorite 2d program and put the two graphics together, and erase and blend until you have the look you want. I've had clothes that conformed perfectly, and clothes that didn't. After many hours of doing the Poser dance, sometimes it is worth doing a short cut and sacrificing my pride about pure Poser renders. Just a thought.

Xena ( ) posted Fri, 11 February 2005 at 12:27 PM

Like I've said before, if all the clothing that you are buying looks like this, you are either buying the wrong clothing (V1/2 for V3) or trying to add regular clothing to a morphed character. Neither will work and you'll end up just frustrating yourself to death. Your default Victoria in your images above isn't in the actual default pose. Her left arm is lower and the legs don't look right. Have you somehow moved the original default V3 from her original cr2 position and resaved back to the library at some point? This would cause some issues. And everyone is right. That outfit is a V1/2 outfit and should not be expected to fit on V3 at all. Try an ACTUAL V3 clothing item and see if you have the same problems. For leg bends in most outfits that contain skirts, select the hip area of the outfit and check to see what movement morphs are included. Think you'll be surprised. Also, if you're using older clothing that you have purchsed, remember the technology has changed. More people are now adding JCM to their clothing, which makes it work much better with posing now.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.