Fri, Sep 20, 5:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: I Need help..... and not in the good way!

Thanatos ( ) posted Sun, 07 January 2001 at 6:35 PM ยท edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 7:46 AM

file_141113.jpg

This is a goodun... Ok here goes. The guy on the right in slightly bigger than the guy on the left. What I want to do but can't seem to figure out how, is position the figure on the right so it essentially envelopes the on on the left creating an outerskin or magic shield kind of effect.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sun, 07 January 2001 at 7:04 PM

Take the left figure and group it. take the right fgure and group it. Align the objects objects using "snap together" under the dit command. If the thing is sized perfectly then it will do what you want exactly. You might also have to re-size it a little using the scale thing Good luck

Thanatos ( ) posted Sun, 07 January 2001 at 7:40 PM

Yeah you'd think that'd work but i think due to his shape it will never fit correctly. You know when you have one bit alligned evrey thing else is out abit, and when you have evrything else in line his skull is popping out. This is very frustrating.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sun, 07 January 2001 at 9:09 PM

Yeah ... it is a frustrating thing ... What you can also do, which is what I normally do, is to take what you really need to use and do those parts ... anything else you can probably do in photoshop or something. Typically I would do the glow there with a little touch up ... I migt do the skull and arm and sword and a few other bits aligned rigt to make sure I know what I would do in Photosop. Not sure what else but good luck

Thanatos ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2001 at 5:23 AM

Good Idea Thanx anway Man.

raven ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2001 at 4:23 PM

What I would try is crtl-d the original figure, thereby making a duplicate in the exact same place, then scale up a little and apply the green material to the copy. That way you wouldn't have to worry about trying to re-align them.

tmg ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2001 at 9:01 PM

ditto that raven - took the words right out of my mouth :)

pnevai ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2001 at 9:39 AM

The thing is it never will or can line up. The only way it would work is if you left a equal space on all sides of the center character. But then he would be levitating inside the green guy. But since the feet of the shell and the base guy have to be even with the floor. The perspective get all messed up. I.E. the outer characters legs are longer as well a wider and deeper. The easiest way to do what you need is to not sweat the exact proportions of the outer shape. Do not scale the outer guy exactly the same in all directions. Of course since the pose has multiple items living in different planes this gets tricky. Since the outer shell does not have to be perfect and seamless. I suggest you ungroup the outer shell. And build it onto the central character peice by peice. Resize each leg, arm, sword etc. Speerately over the central character. Tis could take a to of time but it will work where working the entire outer shell as one object can not work.

fredramsey ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2001 at 11:46 AM

The shell doesn't necessarily have to end at the bottom of his feet... The duplicate and enlarge would work, but when you position him, make sure to always place the "solid" feet on the ground. It is a magic glow after all. And you could use an "atmosphere" type material (like for planets) and color it green. Just my 2 cents.

Thanatos ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2001 at 6:17 PM

Thanx guys for your help as it turns out I figured it out for myself (which seems to be happening a lot lately). Pnevai is correct it never would or could line up like that for exactly those reasons and the funny thing is I ended up doing exacly what pnevai suggested even before I read the comment. OoooOooOOo Creeepy. The new pic should be up soon.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.