Sun, Sep 22, 6:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 4:30 pm)

Subject: More Poser 6 news!

NomiGraphics ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 10:29 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 6:30 PM

Shader's Cafe has a new announcement about Poser 6 in our news section! It fills in more information that people have been receiving from the e-mail newsletter from Curious Labs! Come on over and take a look, http://www.shaderscafe.com - Noel

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 10:41 AM

Thanks for the tip! That must be the news Katherine promised for 12pm PT today. Still not sure if I'm buying. Will depend on the upgrade pricing, and just what this "winter queen" stuff is.

NomiGraphics ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 10:59 AM

I'm sure they will continue letting folks know more and more as time gets closer to release :) I also would like to know more about the winter queen stuff, but they don't tell me anything else either!! - Noel

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 11:13 AM

Mind, there might be different pricing for Shade users. What's the point of Shade LE if you already have it or Standard/Pro. If they are putting the 2 together, will that mean the material nodes will work in Shade? Just wishing. Will have to wait for announcement. Ooooh, that,s 2 big ones in one day. I really miss my hockey.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 11:15 AM

Not to go too far off topic, but what big announcement about hockey? My feeling is - too late. There really is no point to starting the season this 'late in the game' (pun intended).

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 11:19 AM

They cancelled the hockey season. You can probably imagine the dismay felt by all the Latinos in the barrio, when hearing this news.

tongue.gif Better luck next year.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 11:25 AM

I didn't see an upgrade price from P5 to P6 either. Is winter queen supposed to be a figure?

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 11:27 AM · edited Wed, 16 February 2005 at 11:29 AM

Attached Link: http://makeashorterlink.com/?E2B521E7A

According to this site, upgrade price is $129.

Dunno if there will be an additional discount for Shade users, since part of the package is Shade LE. I suspect not, based on their Shade upgrade pricing.

Ack. Edited to fix the super-long link.

Message edited on: 02/16/2005 11:29

AlteredKitty ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 11:31 AM

I'd like some info on the 'Winter Queen' too - sounds intriguing :)

My Renderosity Store

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 11:39 AM

"You can probably imagine the dismay felt by all the Latinos in the barrio, when hearing this news." True, but tell them there is no more soccer/football, what ever they want to call it. Then they would know what it's like. LOL. BTW, it has not been announced yet. "I didn't see an upgrade price from P5 to P6 either. Is winter queen supposed to be a figure?" Also, it's pre order. How long is the wait. Oh,oh,oh, Mr. Carter, Shades of P5? (pun intended).

caulbox ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 11:59 AM

Maths (like the truth) supposedly doesn't deceive... but I (almost) can't believe the contrast I've just observed! Frankly the net has taught me that $400 is more like 300. The news that Curious Labs will be better standardizing the Euro and Sterling equivalent to the US Dollar based on conversion rates is very welcome news indeed. I'm in the UK, and I'm sick of software companies being allowed to charge extortionate amounts compared to the dollar equivalent. Theory of Surplus Value, brother? It should not be allowed!!!! I thought I'd never be able to afford Poser6... but if happiness has a value then Poser5 remains the best investment I have ever made. I too will now be waiting on tenterhooks for any further news about upgrades.

jobcontrol ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 12:32 PM

Uh, them there web store functions well ;-) I did it!

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 12:33 PM

So, what is the Winter Queen????

duckmango ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 12:37 PM

beryld:
The NHL has today officially announced the cancellation of its season that never was. I'm frankly stunned at the utter stupidity of both the owners and players in this.

But I won't drag this thread OT. Guess I'll have plenty of $ for Poser 6, since I don't have to spend it on NHL games.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 1:02 PM

Attached Link: http://www.curiouslabs.com/article/articleview/1325/1/580?sbss=580

The Poser 6 page is up at CL. Looks like there are separate upgrade prices for P4/PP and P5. No extra discount for Shade owners.

jwhitham ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 1:19 PM

I just decided that the cost of the P5-P6 dowload was good enough to go ahead and pre-order, 'cept I can't as my (perfectly valid) P5 serial is being rejected. I know of at least one other person with the same problem, anyone else?

davidgibson ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 1:21 PM

Did you notice Secret #5 -- Software & Open GL Hardware preview!!!!

AlteredKitty ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 1:24 PM

Well, I checked out the upgrade prices and while they are much more favorable to European customers than before, they're still not quite on a par with the US price. P6 UG from P5 = $129 = 68.39 P6 UG from P5 = 119 = 82.11 Do they not think we can do the math? or can I pay for my copy in dollars?

My Renderosity Store

jwhitham ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 1:29 PM

"can I pay for my copy in dollars?"

I'm just about to try that. I bought my P4 to P5 upgrade from the CL US store in dollars. Back then though the Euro Store was EGISys and the US Store was CL themselves. Now it's all Digital River it may no longer be possible.

AlteredKitty ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 1:34 PM

jwhitham: Good luck, and please let me know what happens!

My Renderosity Store

jwhitham ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 1:35 PM

Fell at the first hurdle, my serial rejected again! I hoped that it was because it was for a dollar version that it was being rejected. :(

Ardiva ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 1:53 PM · edited Wed, 16 February 2005 at 1:54 PM

"Winter Queen" is a figure pak. :)

Message edited on: 02/16/2005 13:54

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 1:55 PM

For which figure? Are there new ones in P6?

war2 ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 1:59 PM

nice upgrade prices, have to see tho if/when i bite the bullet. as for nhl: as sorry as i am that you guys miss out on all the fun im still very very glad that we get to see all this great players playing in sweden this year, or how about having Markus nlund, peter forsberg, adrian aucoin, henrik and daniel sedin, M.weinhandl + a bunch of other nhl players in the same team.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 2:23 PM

content paradise looks to still be there :) not that I mind, but I hope that they will actually use it this time. 129 is a good upgrade price as well. I will definatly be getting this. I like the look of the new windows also.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

SecretOrchid ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 2:25 PM

My serial number is rejected as well, and this is a legitimate copy of Poser 5 (NOT an upgrade, the full software) I bought retail. Good start, Curious Labs (not).

odeathoflife ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 2:31 PM

I havn't tried to purchase yet (no CC) but seeing as this page is new they might just be having a burp

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

odeathoflife ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 2:34 PM

I just sorta went through the process and it took my serial # so it is not the site I would suggest that you try again, ( with the hyphens) and if that doesnt work contact CL's sales.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

Gareee ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 2:42 PM

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

SimonWM ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 2:44 PM

What about the special treatment the people who pre-ordered Poser 5 where going to get for this upgrade. I'm one of the people who pre-ordered and ended up doing extensive beta-testing, (posting screencaptures for the broken displacement in reflections and other Firefly issues that were fixed at the time.)in the Renderosity Poser 5 "Beta" forum for my already paid Poser 5 copy. I remember Katherine or somebody else from Curious Labs posting this. I hope they keep their promise.

caulbox ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 2:54 PM

Does anybody know if it's the same price for upgrade if Physical Shipment is selected rather than electronic download? Does Physical shipment imply a whole boxed package complete with printed manual? Any ideas as to how much international postage costs might be?

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 2:55 PM

Be sure that you are using zero (number) and not "O" and that you are putting in a one and not "I." Or visa versa. I found the serial numbers very hard to read. It also may be case sensitive.

Letterworks ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 2:56 PM

Well I'm one of the lucky ones who didn't have very many problems when P5 first came out. That's why I figured to take a chance and pre order P6. SecretOrchid, be sure to include the "-" in your serial number. The site rejected mine until I added them in. Oh, and it DID accept the $50 rebate code, bringing the upgrade cost to < $100 dollars for the Boxed set. Now I just have to wait until they ship it! mike

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 2:58 PM

Looks like they didn't forget!!! Just received a "Special Offer" for early Poser 6 upgrade since I was an early Poser 5 upgrader.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 3:02 PM

What about the special treatment the people who pre-ordered Poser 5 where going to get for this upgrade. Check your e-mail. CL is offering you a special price: $89.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 3:03 PM

caulbox, depending where you are shipping it to the cost will go up cause you also have to pay for shipping but the actual cost is the same + S&H

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

caulbox ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 3:06 PM

Cheers!

philebus ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 3:26 PM

Anyone else unable to get the upgrade option to accept their serial number. I've tried both my Poser Artist and Pro Pack numbers and it rejects them both! I'm using copy and paste, so I'm not making any errors. This is really frustrating. If there are a lot of people with this problem, then they're going to be bogged down with sorting it out!

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 3:29 PM

Same problem here, won't take my S.N. Marque

AlteredKitty ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 3:34 PM

"Rebate" ???????

My Renderosity Store

jwhitham ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 3:34 PM

I've just submitted a question to CL customer support, at the third attempt! First couple of times I got an error that my browser wouldn't accept cookies, which it does, deleted my cookies, which will no doubt play havoc with other sites, but at least the report went in.

SecretOrchid ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 3:40 PM

I entered my serial number with 0's, o's, dashes, and no dashes. Nothing worked. I have three seperate problems with calling sales: 1. I don't appreciate having to -work- to get a company to take my money for their product. It really ought to be the other way around; something about that just doesn't sit right with me. 2. I resent being assumed to be a criminal until proven otherwise. This is the equivalent of having a security guard follow you around and give you nasty looks at a fancy department store until you finally make your purchase. It does not endear me to Nordstrom, and it's not working in Curious Lab's favour here either. I did NOT steal my copy of Poser 5, and if other people did I don't feel like it's -my- obligation to be inconvenienced. 3. If, in my first interaction with Poser 6, it's ALREADY giving me wonky technical difficulties, I'm not sure it's a good investment of my money in the first place. Sorry, but if these are all things I must accept in order to be a Curious Labs customer this year, I will probably pass on being a customer.

jwhitham ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 3:40 PM

Philebus, yes! Try reading the rest of the thread!

spedler ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 3:45 PM

Anyone else unable to get the upgrade option to accept their serial number. Yes, I tried with my P5 serial number from a full retail copy of P5 and it rejects it - with or without dashes in the number. I've emailed CL to ask for help.

Steve

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 3:45 PM

Hmmmmmmm. This serial number issue doesn't sound very encouraging. Then again, it might just be a temporary glitch that they'll work out soon.

I haven't attempted to make a purchase yet.

I'll wait a few days, and I'll check the forum from time to time to see if the problem persists.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

philebus ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 3:48 PM

I understand why you're annoyed SecretOrchid. Last year I discovered that my second hand bargain of Poser 4 and Pro Pack was a well presented pirate - I went directly to CL and purchased a legitimate download with money I couldn't afford at the time. Now I know I'm useing a legit number that should be on their data base but clearly isn't!

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 3:50 PM

I've found the whole serial number thing to be a right pain. When I bought Shade, I had to put in my Poser serial number. It wouldn't take my P5 number. It wouldn't take my PP number. Finally, I gave them my P4 number, and it worked. :-P

jwhitham ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 3:59 PM

SecretOrchid, I really don't see how a bit of broken code on a website equates to an accusation of theft! As far as any implied technical incompetecy, the store is not operated by CL now, but by Digital River who really should know what they're doing, they've enough experience.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 3:59 PM

I seem to remember that I was forced to add an "X" to my P4 serial number when I submitted for the upgrade from P5.

I don't recall why that was.......it's been a while.

Perhaps something funky like that is going on here, too.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

jwhitham ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:01 PM · edited Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:02 PM

Simply that the P4 splash screen truncated the serial, leaving off the leading "XF" edited for bizarre typos.

Message edited on: 02/16/2005 16:02

Gareee ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:01 PM

Yeah, but I wonder how good the record keeping is between all the change of hands. I know companies normally don't keep record that well, and if you then change the database over 2 or three times, and THEN have people replaced to manage it, all kinds of data loss occurs.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.