Thu, Sep 19, 6:45 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Looking for Vue help - Which version to buy?

Gary_P ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 4:20 PM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 6:43 PM

I'm looking to ask if I should get Vue D'Spirit 4 or 5? I'm getting Vue for the first time and I like the $69.00 price tag. But is 4 still good? Will I see the difference between 4 and 5? I downloaded the trials and they seem the same. If I should get 5, then why? I have P5, D/S and Max. I wanted to add Vue to my toolbox but money is tight, and I made a mistake by buying Bryce. Thanks ahead of time.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 5:58 PM ยท edited Tue, 15 February 2005 at 5:59 PM

and I made a mistake by buying Bryce

If you bought the program from DAZ, then you might be able to get a refund. Check with their customer service.

As for the rest......if you can afford it, then I would recommend Vue 5. The new lighting options alone are worth the cost of the software -- and then some.

On top of which, you can later expand V5 by adding additional modules to your program: this expansion option does not exist with V4.

If you cannot currently afford V5, then I'd consider saving your money up until you can.

Otherwise, Vue 4 is an excellent software package on its own. It just doesn't have many of the newer features of V5. Message edited on: 02/15/2005 17:59

Something To Do At 3:00AMย 

war2 ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 6:04 PM

if you dont have the money start out with v4esprit, and upgrade to v5e later on. But as xenophonz said, if you can afford v5e then theres nothing to think about, its way better then v4esprit and the modules will as mentioned let you increase your toolbox when you need it and can afford it.

silverblade33 ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 7:42 PM

I got Vue5 Pro, and love it to bits :) It's got some quirks but it's miles easier to use than most, and having plant/psoer etc editor packages already built in is nice.

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

blaufeld ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 12:20 AM

I've started with Vue4, then, after using it for a while, decided to try for V5: IMHO it's a better approach 'cos you can see if you like the prog. Then you can upgrade later :)

Gary_P ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 7:29 AM

Yes blaufield. I agree. So far I am not really impressed. It looks like Bryce. I never liked Bryce. Ya can't do much with it except make forest backgrounds. I was going to get mover 5 too, but after learning animation in Max, I can composit them in MSP, and get the same effect. If I am missing something good, please tell me. Why all the hype about Vue? What is it good for except nature? Does it do good space scenes? Please tell me. And thanks so much for all the replies. :)

blaufeld ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 10:02 AM

Well, perhaps you must go to the Vue Gallery (or the HOT20), and see for yourself... I use it mainly for rendering Poser scenes 'cos for now I'm not very good at it (take a look to my gallery, I've tried space scenes too :P ), but the kind of work many authors can make with it alone is ASTOUNDING (http://www.thomaskrahn.com or http://www.paroge.com/vde/ are very good examples!).

war2 ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 11:52 AM

well the main purpose of vue is landscape and nature, but more and more use it as a render application aswell and you can do lots more then forest backgrounds, but its all up to the end user how they use a tool and how it fits in with that users tool set and workflow. if youre using max aswell you might wanna check out v5I since v5I works alot better with other 3d and video apps for one example.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 12:50 PM

if youre using max aswell you might wanna check out v5I since v5I works alot better with other 3d and video apps for one example.

Yes, Vue Infinite (about to be released) is a much better match for high-end apps like Max than the basic Vue 5 package. And Vue Infinite would definitiely be far, far superior to Vue 4 for integration with Max.

The only problem, as it so often turns out -- is money.

Vue Infinite costs substantially more than its little brother, Vue 5. And many times more than basic Vue 4.

If you've got the means, then Vue Infinite would certainly be the way to go as a companion program to Max.

BTW - Max costs a lot more than Vue Infinite. But of course you would know all about that.........

Something To Do At 3:00AMย 

war2 ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:23 PM

yeah considering the price tag on max i felt that he probably has the funds to get v5I aswell :) and if he does he should of course get v5I instead of v5esprit or vue4.

Gary_P ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 11:18 AM

When I got Max, it was a long time ago when I was doing work out of my home and had my own business. Now I can't justify upgrading to the latest Max version. That's why I am looking at Vue 4 and Mover 5. I wish some 3D effects company would discover me. LOL (drool) Thanks everyone, for all of the input. I really am in your debt. I think what I might do, is buy Vue 4 and Mover 5. I see I can import and export 3ds and poser/obj so that should keep me busy for a while.

Gary_P ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 11:48 AM

Am I reading this right???

Mover is free if you get Vue 5?

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/Order/ProductInfo.php?sid=970bbfba74d338b7a68c8413d9a519bc&l=1&id=160&platform=win_or_mac&sid=970bbfba74d338b7a68c8413d9a519bc

Quote:
The 4 expansion modules for Vue 5 Esprit, Mover, Botanica, DeepAccess and LigtTune let you gradually add the new features you need to your copy of Vue 5 Esprit!

war2 ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 5:11 AM

mover5 isnt free for vue5esprit, its included together with all the other modules if you get the v5esprit pro studio package or v5I(which has a ton of other exclusive features aswell). but you can add mover5 + the other modules to v5esprit whenever you feel like it, and i have to say that vue5esprit is much better then v4esprit so if you can afford it get v5esprit instead since it isnt that much more expensive.

Gary_P ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 6:40 AM

Thanks

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 11:03 AM

After using Carrara Pro 4, the only package worth getting seems to be Vue 5 Infinite because it has a lot of the same high-end features.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Gary_P ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 11:52 AM

I'm just not impressed with Vue 4/5. Maybe it's me, but it seems hard to set up a scene. When you drop a plant, it sinks in the soil. The 4 views are nice, but rendering takes a bit longer then I thought. I'm using preview rendering BTW. It took me an hour to set up a quick tryout with a few trees and a rock or two. I'm not saying the program is bad, I'm saying I think there may be something better that I can find. I will say the top end renders are really nice.

war2 ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 5:04 PM

Gary P. setting up a scene is hard in any 3d app, and vue is one of the easiest for sure, but as with every app it has a learning curve aswell. As a comparision c4pro which shonner likes is a powerful application with nice feauters, many which it shares with vue5esprit/pro studio + some features which i would like to see in vue, but even tho ive given c3 and c4pro a solid run through for as long as the demos allowed me i just coudnt see myself using it instead of vue, why because it felt way to different and alien to my workflow, especialy when compared to vue, and for shonner perhaps its the other way around. And yep i have to agree Shonner, if youre using c4pro the only vue i would spend money on is v5I, comparing features i cant see the need for you to pick up anyother vue version if youre already a c4pro user, but v5I would in my opinion be worth it even if you have c4pro.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 12:15 AM

V5I looks like it can handle much much larger terrains than C4Pro can. I would get V5I for sure for doing some grand outdoor renders. I used Carrara in the past for just rendering.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Gary_P ( ) posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 11:36 AM

I'm trying out V4 and V5 to see if I can see any differences as a new user. he first ting I saw was setting opengl was messay. The screens turned all dark and I had to turn off Enable background Draw Thread. Because when I moved the camera in the top view, it looked like it just made a copy and not moved it. When in fact, it just did not delete the old picture of the camera. Also, I noticed that when you created a terrain and applied a texture to it in the camera window, the terrain was still dark grey. V5 shows it as green (texture). Is this a setting in 4 that I don't know about? And the documentation that comes with the demo is not very good. I would have included more documentation to get the trial user hooked into buying it. Comments?

war2 ( ) posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 3:11 PM ยท edited Sat, 19 February 2005 at 3:13 PM

dont know i havent seen much documentation in any demo :) but yes of course it woudnt hurt with a small pdf doc

opengl in v4 is pretty broken but works flawlessly in v5

Message edited on: 02/19/2005 15:13

tlaloc321 ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 8:47 PM

I feel Vue 5 has a very fast interface that really lets you do so much indoors outdoors underwater I mean the possibilities really are endless - so much easier than Bryce and the GI and GR and HDRI are fantastic on poser figures!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.