Wed, Sep 18, 10:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Poser 6 Pre-order updates

Curious_Labs ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 8:13 PM · edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 6:15 AM

Hi, My apologies for not being up online recently. I was under the weather. The 2 recent updates I want to make sure you have are: Credit Cards: You card will not be charged until the product ships is true. What happens is that your card is verified that this amount is possible as a "Hold" which occurs from your credit provider or bank. On the issue with Shade not being downloadable: ......According to Digital River, a small number of customers who preordered the electronic download version did not receive their Shade 7 designer LE download with their order. They are working on attaching the Shade download to the affected orders, and will have this resolved as soon as they can. As soon as this issue is fixed, they will send out a new order confirmation email to these customers with a link to download the file. With kind regards, Katherine

TamiL ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 8:29 PM

Thanks for the information Katherine. I already have Shade Standard but was still curious why I didn't get a link to the LE version with my order!

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 8:49 PM

Glad to hear that you are feeling better - was there recently with the flu. Any news whatsoever on those of us who cannot order? My final and last order attempt was on Wednesday 02/23/2005. Same error, no go. Thanks, Robert

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Curious_Labs ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 8:52 PM

Hi Robert, I have collected all of the IM's of those who can't order and we were given reassurance that next week DR would be able to work any of these issues through. Kind regards, Katherine

SimonWM ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 9:10 PM

Katherine what about the people entitled to the early Poser 5 adopters discount ($79-89 upgrade price) that never received the e-mail with the coupon/code. I ordered before the deadline for the Poser 6 special to make sure to get the bundle at a lower price but since I have not received my early adopter code I'm not being given the early adopter discount price.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 9:21 PM

Thanks, Katherine! Keep up informed and don't stress yourself if you're not back to peak performance yet! :)

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

ratscloset ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 11:26 PM

I just want to add my Thanks. My issue was not resolved, but all this attention gives me good reason to hope!

ratscloset
aka John

Eisbaerchen ( ) posted Sat, 26 February 2005 at 2:32 AM

Hi, I got an email from digitalriver saying that my order has been entered and is awaiting payment. " You will receive an invoice by mail in next 2-3 working days, upon receipt of the invoice you may choose to pay via the following methods: * Giro - Simply fill in the Invoice and mail it to your bank. * Wire Transfer - Follow the instruction on the invoice for wiring your money through. * Credit Card - Just fill in your credit card details and fax the form back to our customer service team." well, I didnt get any email yet....6 days have passed since and Im getting worried if everything worked ?! anyone else got this problem ? tia

Fredy ( ) posted Sat, 26 February 2005 at 3:23 AM

Hi Katherine, thanks for the info about the shade-download!

roxcat ( ) posted Sat, 26 February 2005 at 5:00 AM · edited Sat, 26 February 2005 at 5:08 AM

Thanks for the news Katherine! I hope I get mine as a download, since the last reply I got about my order was that it was physical (though I'm pretty sure I chose the downloadable).

Message edited on: 02/26/2005 05:08

Puntomaus ( ) posted Sat, 26 February 2005 at 7:31 AM

Will the additional 15% discount added to those who ordered between the 16th and 22nd February. DR send me a mail that my CC is not charged until P6 is shipped but the bill showed the amount without the additional 15% off.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

TamiL ( ) posted Sat, 26 February 2005 at 7:40 AM

I didn't receive the additional 15% either. It showed up when I first entered the order, but when I added in my $50 coupon, the extra 15% disappeared! Guess only one offer at a time?

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 26 February 2005 at 7:58 AM

Same here, no additional 15% off. Marque

Turtle ( ) posted Sat, 26 February 2005 at 10:02 AM

Same here I did not recieve the extra 15% off. Leah

Love is Grandchildren.

Wombat ( ) posted Sat, 26 February 2005 at 12:11 PM

I have the couponcode but can not cancel the order like told to. Found yet informations that I should phone digitalriver for it, but others done it lost their preorder specials and have yet only their coupon only instead. Not funny that all.

So get the coupon or get the preorder specials?

Thomas

Mycrofted ( ) posted Sat, 26 February 2005 at 2:17 PM

I was also one of the early adopters of P5. I didn't receive the offer and my three emails to CL have not been answered. Please contact me.

Wombat ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 6:43 AM

I hope CL will try to solve the problems.

jerr3d ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 2:05 PM

thanks for the update!

tastiger ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 4:38 PM

I am not blaming CL for this as DR are only their online store - but CL may be able to get a straight answer from them as I cant. I posed a simple question in an email to them: "When Pre-ordering the Poser 6 Upgrade, although I am in Australia, I was only given the options of ordering via Euro or English Pound. I have just done a quick conversion comparison on exchange rates - had I been able to order in $US it would have meant a saving of about $34 AUD before freight costs. Is there some reason why Australian residents are not offered the option to purchase their product in $US ?" What I got back was a 1 page rambling reply but the essence of the reply seemed to be this paragraph. "- Tax was assessed to the order, causing the total amount of the transaction to be higher than the amount listed prior to purchase." As stated on the shopping cart screen: "For Minnesota, California and Washington state residents, applicable sales tax will be applied." We apologize if this information was not communicated clearly. Please note that Digital Products sold into ALL EU Countries will be charged VAT at 17.5%." My issue here is I am not in any of those States or the EU! I should imagine that my order already involves a component of US sales tax - but I have then been hit with the VAT component which should not apply to residents outside EU countries - Australia is subject to a 10% GST. I suppose my whole point is that I still want my copy of Poser 6 but I also don't want to be penalised a tax that I am not subject to and after all $34AUD is $AUD34. Remembering that that amount is before shipping - which shipping has amounted to roughly 1/3 of the total charge.....

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

Wombat ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 7:55 PM

I have many questions for them too...but no answers. I'm at the point that preorderung was a bad idea. CL has no idea to solve the problems...said digital river should do. But there you get no answer and now the time for the special preorderbox is over. So I can only decide to get the special coupon on the normal box or stay with the first order, get the special but can not use coupon. That is really not funny. And nobody can help on one side and nobody will help on the other. Thomas

Fredy ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2005 at 3:17 PM

Thanks Katherine, got a new order confirmation mail today, got my serial code for Shade 7LE, got my downloadbutton, downloaded shade (400 meg - fast download-server), installed - up and running - happy! :)

Wombat ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2005 at 5:50 AM

Nice if some problems are so easy to be solved.

an0malaus ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 8:13 AM

tastiger, exactly the same query from me to CL (below) received the response (further below): Question: As a long-standing Australian user of Poser, I can't see why I should be forced to make a disadvantageous exchange rate purchase in Euro or GBP when the Poser 6 upgrade from Poser 5 would be significantly cheaper when converting Australian Dollars directly into US Dollars. Please make USD an option in the currency change menu of your web store or at least provide some assurance that I not be penalised by missing out on re-using my discount coupon if I want to modify my order prior to shipping to use a more advantageous currency exchange for purchase. CL Reply: Thank you for contacting Curious Labs Service. Unfortunately, we currently use Digital River, a third party provider for our online store, and must use their payment and currencies options. I will pass along your feedback regarding this. [...directions to CL website & DR contact details omitted from this post...] My comment: Given the short timeframe between now and the mooted March 21st release date, I am in no way confident that Digital River will recognise the existence of Poser 6 early adopters below the equator as being neither residents of the US nor EU and subject to different taxes and currencies.

My ShareCG Stuff

Verbosity: Profusely promulgating Graham's number epics of complete and utter verbiage by the metric monkey barrel.

SimonWM ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 9:08 AM

I still haven't received a response neither from the e-mail I sent to Curious Labs at their website or from the Renderosity e-mail link under Katherine's name.

Wombat ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 3:14 PM

Like we say in germany: The customer is king g

Well...most ignore the king and his needs.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.