Mon, Sep 9, 7:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Poser 6: Expected release date announced!

geep ( ) posted Thu, 03 March 2005 at 9:20 AM

Spawn Geeps? ..... You need to have written permission from NaySayGuy. (and he hasn't learned how to write yet) ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

bungle ( ) posted Thu, 03 March 2005 at 11:00 AM

Phew this whole regeneration exercise amazes me ,I cant believe that everyone is falling for CL hype again ,I recently found DS and now i know why there is a P6 on the horizon ,Someone mentions the words panic and DAZ in the same sentance earlier but has them in the wrong order ,CL must have a right panic on to release this without any new usable features ,Sure all these new render add ons are cool for the hobbyist but aren't going to interest any serious user for more than ten seconds ,Any self respecting package already has all of these features and im pretty sure anyone serious about there art isn't going to be using Poser for rendering duties ,I fell for CL hype twice before once with the Pro Pack so i could export to LW which was absolute crap never got updated and never got used and once for P5 and lets just not go there ,It really seems to me as DAZ get ever closer to that elusive V1 status of DS that CL have paniced and are thinking lets cash in one more time before the death nell rings ,I know im going to get flamed for this because of how many fanboys there are around this place but take into account that i have been using Poser from V3 so im not a noob who knows nothing about the Poser scene ,As for all the other hype besides the new render engine PLEASE new content sorry to disapoint you here folks but no matter what CL do now they just wont have a chance against the might of DAZ market coverage ,Clothes hair props so on are already available for DAZ figures and they will be supported long after everyone has finished laughing at the new CL content ,I really am stunned that so many people have fallen for it again ,If you want to have a look at what a full digit increment on software should be like go check Vue ,E-ON have a weird way of pricing in europe but hey at least you are getting a new version of the software not just a new box and render engine.

compiler ( ) posted Thu, 03 March 2005 at 11:32 AM

Daz Studio 1.0 is out ? I thought it was still beta ? BTW, wasn't it due to be released in 1.0 form last year ? (sorry if I'm mislead, but there has been a huge hype last year about DAZ studio being the program to replace Poser, etc... and bow it seems the hype has dropped somewhat, so I don't know exactly what the current status is for this software).

bungle ( ) posted Thu, 03 March 2005 at 12:01 PM

I never said it was out i said it was getting very close to V1 ,Also i must add that i prefer DAZs way of doing things and that is to have a full public beta period so the release doesn't go out until it is fully working ,"It should have been released last year" well the thing is that i guess the Dev crew at DAZ got excited and surpassed the features that where supposed to be in the original V1 release ,Im guessing here but this is probably why it has been delayed to full release ,I was in contact with DAZ a long time ago and was told that DS wouldn't be able to replace Poser for animation in the V1 release so i didn't bother waiting for the first beta ,The thing is though it isn't out of beta just yet and it already does animation ,I think they have raised the bar on this product just by making it open ,Imagine how gutted CL will feel when exporters and cloth and hair plugs arrive from proper developers ,Believe me panic is setting in and theres nothing they can do ,Posers whole architechture is so out of date its going to take a complete rewrite and GUI overhaul for it to ever be taken seriously again ,The problem is we know that is never going to happen with CL ,They promissed a complete rewrite before and it didn't happen ,DS is the next generation of Poser for pro users and this will be shown in its support in the coming times.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Thu, 03 March 2005 at 1:41 PM

I think that much of the poser/daz market depends upon the ability to advertize rather than the sole quality of the product. DAZ's advertizing and promos (ie, the Mil BigCats and the M3 promos as well as very little hype for the unimesh kids) haven't always been great, but they have quite a few brokers and fans that attract a lot of attention to them. CL doesn't supply content beyond the software so they are not constantly releasing new products. In addition, their content providers are for the inital release of the product. So, in many ways comparing DAZ to CL just isn't fair because they are separate markets. Who knows whether or not P6 will level the playing field until it is actually released?

compiler ( ) posted Thu, 03 March 2005 at 2:11 PM

I am always amazed at how sure some people can be when prediciting the future. They must have big crystal balls...

AlteredEgo ( ) posted Thu, 03 March 2005 at 2:15 PM

I predicted Poser 6 would be released on March 21, and was right. But my balls are neither big, or crystal.

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 03 March 2005 at 2:55 PM

ROFLMAO!

Philywebrider ( ) posted Thu, 03 March 2005 at 3:40 PM

Deecey-sounds like you're having a ball. :O)

AlteredEgo ( ) posted Thu, 03 March 2005 at 4:12 PM

Suddenly, but faintly, come the words to an old song "we have big balls..." Forget the rest of the words.

milamber42 ( ) posted Thu, 03 March 2005 at 9:44 PM

Attached Link: http://www.metrolyrics.com/lyrics/15169/ACDC/Big_Balls

AlteredEgo, The song is "Big Balls" By ACDC.

AlteredEgo ( ) posted Thu, 03 March 2005 at 10:00 PM

I was gonna say something, but had better not.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Fri, 04 March 2005 at 1:34 AM

Coconuts, anyone? For some reason I'm reminded of... hairy balls.

an0malaus ( ) posted Fri, 04 March 2005 at 3:24 AM

The bigger they are, the harder they ball [sic]. Overheard in a restaurant styled and staffed similarly to those found on the Iberian Peninsula and translated from the original... [Mildly peeved patron] "Waitperson, these [sweetbreads] are significantly reduced in volume from those I consumed during my previous patronage of your culinary establishment!" [Waitperson of presumably Iberian extraction or affectation] "Ah! [Sir], on some occasions, the [large, horned, male bovine] does NOT lose!"

My ShareCG Stuff

Verbosity: Profusely promulgating Graham's number epics of complete and utter verbiage by the metric monkey barrel.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Fri, 04 March 2005 at 7:31 AM

Oh, the pics where the picadors (I can't resist the play on words) were gored in the balls? IIRC, they were in the "ouch" category at a humor website. I didn't think they were funny, but rather that the bullfighters had it coming. After being teased and tormented and pricked, I don't blame the bulls for aiming low and hard.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.