Sun, Sep 22, 10:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Help with this problem

Compo ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2005 at 7:29 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 8:31 AM

http://bb.1asphost.com/lesbutler/long way from home.jpg HELP....You see the lens flare bottom left - 'enable lens flare' is turned on so as to enable a sun, but it ain't causing that large flare. Even with all settings 'off' it's still there. But, it has something to do with that light because if I delete it it's gone. This is driving me insane. So anyone know how to get rid of this effect. I get this all the time when the sun/light is in a similar position.....Thanks for any help - Les.

wabe ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2005 at 7:51 AM

To me this looks like a sun lens flare. But your description says sort of "no". Could you maybe do a screenshot of the settings per light source - including sun? The little setting to the above right and maybe the lens flare settings. So that we can see what the exact ones are. That would be very helpfull, i am sure.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

Compo ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2005 at 8:47 AM

file_197560.jpg

Thanks. Here's the settings. Lens flare is enabled for the sun, but as I say, even if I pull the slider right back, or turn all settings off, that 'flare' is still there. But...if I delete that light it's gone. I'm using Vue 4.01. Thanks

Rids ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2005 at 9:14 AM

could well be a version bug, if you are using 4.01 you are way behind on the updates, the current version is 4.22.

Compo ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2005 at 9:30 AM

Thanks Steve (and for TN reply). I thought .01 was the only update for this version, before 5. I'll grab the highest 4 update off E-on and give it a go. You say on TN that there were a lot of lighting probs with 4, could well be that then. Thanks! - Les

wabe ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2005 at 9:35 AM

file_197562.jpg

Ok, updating is a good thing too - missed the version number. But i don't think it is a version problem here. I enclose a screenshot from me (Vue 5 german version, but nothing has changed there) so that you can compare.

Compo ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2005 at 10:09 AM

Wabe thanks for the pic. It was relevant that you say 'point light'. I had used directional light for the sun. I moved the dl, replacing with pl, adjusted settings, and all was okay. So I now know to use pl for sun. That flare issue is still occurant for the dl, but it's out of view. Thanks for the help! Les

wabe ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2005 at 11:16 AM

Great that it finally worked. Any reason why not using the sun as sun?

Compo ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2005 at 11:34 AM

I can't see a setting specifically called sun to apply. From the help - "Vue d'Esprit considers the sun as being a pinpoint source of light located at infinity (directional light)." So I used directional light and hence that flare problem. Used pinpoint instead and all was well ;o)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.