Sat, Sep 21, 2:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Introducing the Fractal Window Weekly!

nickcharles ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2005 at 2:08 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:52 AM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/%7Efractal/FractalWindowWeekly/FracWin.htm

Hi all! A little something DreamWarrior and I have been wanting to do for a long time, but just never got around to it. Now with the Hot 20 being the Hot topic again, and searching for the best ways to fix it, it was decided to finally get this going. The Fractal Window Weekly, will be a weekly collection of 15 images from the Fractal gallery. This will be updated each week, and will start being posted on Sunday night/early Monday morning. Now, you're gonna ask "How are they picked?" Well, we all know there is no perfect system for doing this, but we are trying to showcase a 'diverse' collection of images, while keeping it so that each artist will have no more than one image in it each week. We hope that this will be a positive start, and a good way to see what you might have missed during the week :D Thanks, and hope you enjoy it! Nick and Barbara

Nick C. Sorbin
Staff Writer
Renderosity Magazine
......................................................................................................
"For every breath, for every day of living, this is my Thanksgiving."
-Don Henley

tdierikx ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2005 at 2:13 AM

Now that is totally cool! Good job people! Some really nice stuff there! T.

Who? Me?

kansas ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2005 at 7:56 AM

From the looks of this page, it appears you two have picked some of the best images posted recently. How did you decide? Marion

whirlingfeather ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2005 at 7:59 AM

Fabulous picks, I am going to enjoy this! It is like a highlight of the week feature. Great idea!

D.C.Monteny ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2005 at 1:50 PM

OK, forget my comments on improving the HOT20, because this looks very much like the HOT20 I wished to see all along. A fantastic pick, and anyone visiting our community will have a pretty good idea of the diversity and quality in fractals posted here. Excellent work, I would V for you if I could .... LOL

Allenox ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2005 at 4:47 PM

Excellent idea and great picks.

tresamie ( ) posted Fri, 11 March 2005 at 12:20 AM

I saw this thread after I posted to the H20 thread, so I just wanted to copy and paste my reaction to the Fractal Window idea: "The Fractal Window is very nicely set up. What mechanism is used to choose the images that will be there? How long will they stay up? Will they be like the Fractal image on the Community page, changed when someone complains at how long the previous one is there? (the image currently there is dated last November!) "

Fractals will always amaze me!

nickcharles ( ) posted Fri, 11 March 2005 at 1:39 AM

Hi all! Thanks for the good words :D And as I said about how they are picked: "Well, we all know there is no perfect system for doing this, but we are trying to showcase a 'diverse' collection of images, while keeping it so that each artist will have no more than one image in it each week." We really are trying to showcase diversity. We want everyone to have a chance in it :D We are not paying attention to rankings/views/comments, etc. It's a tough decision anyway you look at it. But I think that this route is the best way to go. And Viv, this will be done regularly each week (updates to start on Sunday nights):D As for the Featured Fractal, I have been trying to get that to be a rotating thing, just as the ads on the Community page are different with each click. We are also working on another idea in addition to the Weekly Window. Oh, and these will also be archived. We will soon provide a link to browse these weekly collections. Wish everyone a great weekend! Yes!!!! It's finally Friday! Nick

Nick C. Sorbin
Staff Writer
Renderosity Magazine
......................................................................................................
-Don Henley

shemia ( ) posted Fri, 11 March 2005 at 11:06 AM

It's now the early hours of Saturday morning in Sydney, Australia so where ever it's Friday, enjoy!..Not being able to sleep, I logged on to Renderosity and found this forum topic. After having browsed through the amazing images of the Fractal Window Weekly, I have to congratulate both Nick and Barbara first, for a wonderful idea and simpler alternative to the Hot20 and also for the selection itself. They are just stunning images and I'm planning on attempting some better things, hoping I can get into this. I really like this idea. I think that not knowing the criteria for selection, makes you try that little bit harder, so I'm off to get some fractalling in. Have a wonderful weekend people. Hope to see more of the Window Weekly. :o)

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Fri, 11 March 2005 at 12:48 PM

:)))) Thank you, guys and gals! I'm SO glad you like this! We've been wanting to do this for a veeeery long time, but never could due lack of time. The honest truth is that getting reactions like this are the things that encourage us to do even more things. You should see the list of ideas I have :))) Both Nick and I have pretty tight schedules, but know that we love fractaland with our hearts and are always trying to make it better. Barbara jumping for joy :)

My crafts - My Freebies - My Store - Delightful Arts

Rykk ( ) posted Fri, 11 March 2005 at 4:45 PM

That's really cool, Nick and Barbara!

Deagol ( ) posted Fri, 11 March 2005 at 9:45 PM

This is great. I already like it better than the hot 20. I know that not everyone will agree with your judgment all of the time, but I sure do for the first week. I am confident that you will do well in the weeks to come. Thanks for your efforts. I hope that this doesn't turn out to be a big burden on you. Keith

Pannyhb ( ) posted Fri, 11 March 2005 at 10:38 PM

Nice going, Nick and Barbara! This is a real treat!

midnightblue ( ) posted Sat, 12 March 2005 at 2:22 AM

What wonderful idea! This was exciting to see and definitely something to look forward to each week! Thank you Nick and Barbara!

Kathye ( ) posted Sat, 12 March 2005 at 2:35 AM

I like this idea. It loads quickly too which is a good thing. I feel content when the selection process is this way, it sounds very fair. Thanks for the work you've put in creating it :)

joeydude ( ) posted Sat, 12 March 2005 at 9:20 AM

Bravo!! Excellent idea!!

CavalierLady ( ) posted Sat, 12 March 2005 at 9:37 AM

Wonderful idea! This is an excellent alternative to the h20 and I'm all for it. I look forward to the updates and the other ideas that you have got cooking. I sincerely hope that everyone will enjoy it for what it is and not start picking it apart with too many questions, respecting the decisions for the images chosen for each week. Great idea, kudos to both of you, Nick and Barbara. You both have lives away from this computer and I'm sure that everyone is very grateful for the time and effort that you put into this digital fractal world here. Hopefully your projects in the future will be more pleasant ones, and the unpleasantness is over, for a while anyway. :)

batoruco ( ) posted Sat, 12 March 2005 at 2:18 PM

Theres one of mine in the first week! Thats a honour! Thank you very much! And congrats to all the other artists as well! :)

Encrypted ( ) posted Sun, 13 March 2005 at 10:09 PM

Ahh! These will be archived. That is great. I like the idea that a year from now a new member can browse these archives.

nickcharles ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 2:33 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/subcom.ez?ID=21

Hey thanks everyone! You don't know how much it means to hear the excellent responses to this :D So happy you like it :D For now, past ones will be posted on the Fractal Community Page (link above). Have a great week, everyone! Nick

Nick C. Sorbin
Staff Writer
Renderosity Magazine
-Don Henley

Redshift ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 6:58 AM

I really like this idea too, not because I've been honoured with one of my fractals in the very first FractalWindowWeekly, but I never liked how the hot20 worked (or better NOT worked). Thank you Barbara and Nick for all your efforts you put into this!! Pieter

rosehumr ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 12:42 PM

One word. Fabulous! ;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.