Thu, Sep 19, 11:07 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: It is March 14.....Vive Le Infinite!!!

Dale B ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 5:22 AM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 11:07 PM

file_200169.jpg

Today is the day that a lot of people can stop chewing the inside of their mouths. Vue Infinite is due to start shipping today, and certain limits have been lifted. So with no more ado... This is a =quick= example of what the new Ecosystem can do. Nothing more than a single 1024x1024 terrain, default texture, with a rock and the summer maple added as ecosystem components. As you can see, each rock and tree are -not- copies of each other, but unique iterations generated by the application (this is particularly impressive with the trees). There is around 4,000,000 polygons in this image, and Infinite handles it like Vue 4 would handle a single 256x256 terrain and a tree. Memory management is in another class altogether.

Dale B ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 5:30 AM

file_200171.jpg

And another quickie, again just to check the consistency of creation and management of memory.There are 42 instances of the summer cherry tree sitting on that 1024 square terrain (the ground material is out of the Earthenware set in the marketplace. I've used both that and Bountiful Knights forestmats with no problems so far). PS: If it isn't March 14 enough Agiel, please down these two posts.

agiel ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 5:42 AM

file_200173.jpg

yes, it is the 14th and the gallery is already starting to crawl with Vue Infinite images. Just like we did with Vue 5, you can use this thread to post any test you would like to share without posting them in the gallery. Here are a couple of mine. First with a test of ecosystems material (you are going to see a lot of these in the near future).

agiel ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 5:45 AM

file_200176.jpg

Vue Infinite gives you also a lot more control over materials, including new input types in the Graph editor, such as Angle of Incidence. This one is a simple effect of transparency controlled by angle of incidence.

agiel ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 5:47 AM

file_200178.jpg

Finally, a quick example of cell shading effect. There is no 'cell shading' rendering button in Vue Infinite but you can easily created cell shaded materials and substitute them quickly in your scene.

agiel ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 5:48 AM

file_200179.jpg

A last one for the road before leaving for work :)

lingrif ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 6:55 AM

file_200181.jpg

Just a quick render using Cris's tower - 12,584 of them actually. 43,651,794 polys and V5I handled it beautifully.

www.lingriffin.com

BazC ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 7:06 AM

"43,651,794 polys and V5I handled it beautifully." Impressive! Could you post your system specs lingrif? It would help to judge just how impressive this is! Very nice cell shading Agiel! Anyone know when the demo is likely to appear? Cheers - Baz

yggdrasil ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 7:10 AM

file_200183.jpg

Quickie Dystopia city type image (not a patch on Phoul's animation, but I put this together in about 15 mins) This image has 302,500 instances of Dystopia blocks 1-20. 3,338,901,386 polys and took under 49 mins to render to file (1024x768) in Ultra. -- Mark

Mark

yggdrasil ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 7:14 AM

file_200185.jpg

Ever wondered what a thousand (approx) Mike's in Legionnaire armour look like? This image contains 6 eco-systems (one for the soldiers and the rest vegetation), approx 2.5bn polys and took 2.5 hours to render to Final at 1600x900 resolution. -- Mark

Mark

BazC ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 7:22 AM

This is amazing! Thanks for posting guys I'm getting really excited about this lol! Anyone beta testing on Mac here? If so what machine are you using? - Baz :o)

yggdrasil ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 7:30 AM

For the record my machine specs are: AMD A64 FX-53 (2.4GHz ~ 3200+) with 2GB PC3200 ECC RAM

Mark

bungle ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 7:38 AM

Holy shit a thousand mikes on a 2GB system, I better start saving my pennies :)

wabe ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 7:41 AM ยท edited Mon, 14 March 2005 at 7:42 AM

file_200186.jpg

Ok,

Mac quickie.

Scene setting 20 minutes maximum, one Ecosystem. 1388 Vicky 3's, all dressed in Joan D'Arc costume from DAZ. I wanted high reflections in there.

440 milliuon polygons approximately.

Rendered on Mac G4 768 MHz, 1 GB Ram in final, render time 1hour 4 minutes. Not bad, not bad.

Message edited on: 03/14/2005 07:41

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

Xiores ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 7:41 AM

GRRRRRRRR! Now I will have to pitch a tent by the mailbox! Really fantastic statistics!

BazC ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 7:55 AM

"440 milliuon polygons approximately. Rendered on Mac G4 768 MHz, 1 GB Ram in final, render time 1hour 4 minutes. Not bad, not bad." OK, now you've got me drooling all over my keyboard LOL! Sounds like my 1.25GHz G4 eMac should cope with some sizeable scenes, I want V5I!

bungle ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 7:55 AM

Can anyofyou try M or V with dynamic hair in ECO system to see how much slower that is ? Please pretty pretty please ;)

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 8:01 AM

This is absolutely fantastic! I cant wait! The all look great folks :)

yggdrasil ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 8:05 AM

file_200189.jpg

Using an image map to control distribution of flowers in an eco-system

Mark

wabe ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 8:07 AM

I don't think dynamic hair will make it slower. In import yes, but not for rendering at all. I maybe will try. Maybe one more "please" to convince me.

Eisbaerchen ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 8:07 AM

STOP THIS !!!!! ...... PLEASE ! I CANT TAKE ANY MORE ! :p

aeilkema ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 8:11 AM

Mark, how long did it take to create the total "Mike's in Legionnaire armour" scene, with all of the 6 eco systems?

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

yggdrasil ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 8:23 AM

aeilkema: I did the "Legion" scene on Saturday afternoon, including a lot of fiddling about, experimenting, changing my mind, low-res test renders etc. Switched to another scene in the evening and batch rendered both overnight. -- Mark

Mark

MartinPh ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 8:24 AM

Nope... still not impressed enough to spend that amount of money. I like the Agiel image though, nice look; - but then again, that can be done in any vector program in the time it takes to set up and render the Vue thing, (at least, if you're a little adept at old fashioned drawing). OK- I'll stop raining on your parade - it's just that this Infinite hype seems so utterly silly.

lingrif ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 8:27 AM

To BazC - I'm running an AMD 64 4000+ with 2G DDR3200 dualchannel RAM I didn't post render times, but V5I is much faster than V5, IMHO.

www.lingriffin.com

aeilkema ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 8:30 AM

Mark Thanks! So once someone gets experienced enough it shouldn't take hours anyway. Martin, of course this whole Infinite hype is silly, but still fun :-) I'm very impressed, but I'm not going to spent so much money for it. The only thing I'm interested in is the Eco system, the rest of the Infinite features I would never ever use, I don't even use half of the Vue 5 features. So, it would be a very expensive Eco system..... unfortunally E-On isn't going to release the eco system as a module.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....

BazC ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 8:38 AM

Thanks for the info lingrif! This is all VERY impressive!

wessexarch ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 9:07 AM

file_200191.jpg

EcoSpirals!

Following Yggdrasil's fine example - EcoSystems can be used in mixed materials, and therefore, mixed bitmaps for placement...

The edges of the ecosystems can react to each other in various ways. This is a very powerful system!

The above image was created from scratch and rendered in less than 10 mins (probably shows) on a P4 2Ghz with 1Gb RAM ;-)

Oh, and it's 147,588,900 polys.

bungle ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 9:35 AM

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease :) Is there anychance one of you guys could check my addon pack and see if it works?, Free copy obviously ;)

wabe ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 9:48 AM

bungle in the jungle - 2200 Vicky 3 with dynamic hair are rendering. 5% done so far. Needed a while to set it up in Poser. Sorry, but i have to leave in about an hour, so it is finished - or not. What addon pack are you talking about? Free copy always sounds good - as long as it is no virus or trojan of course!

kromekat ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 9:51 AM

Impressive! :)

Adam Benton | www.kromekat.com

Djeser ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 10:12 AM

Yep..impressive is the word! David and I are anxiously awaiting our copies! Love how you can control eco-system distribution with image mapping, very cool. I'm thinking V5I will work well on our notebooks (P3G, 2G RAM), looks like a lot of fun!

Sgiathalaich

bungle ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 10:13 AM

Just check my store here at renderosity, My second pack is coming soon but that wont be of interest to anyone with V5i because its animated alpha particles and a tutorial on how to use video as animated textures in V4 and above :)

wabe ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 10:24 AM

25% of the 2200 Vickies rendered. Well, i am not sure wether all will buy Infinite immediately. No problem to include in my further tests/plays if you want me to. But don't forget, i am on Mac. Time to go home now!

agiel ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 11:00 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=907196&Start=1&Sectionid=3&filter_genre_id=0&WhatsNe

Check this one out if you want to be impressed :)

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 11:03 AM

That above pic is brilliant/fascinating....As I stated above this is very exciting :)

gaz170170 ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 11:18 AM

Absolutely amazing....first thing I did was watch Phouls latest animation on E-ons website...surpassed himself yet again. Then these pics..like WOW. And now just seen the above pic...breathtaking. Can`t wait to get my hands on Vue 5 Infinite

spedler ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 11:34 AM

Just another quick test, since everyone else is posting them :-)

multiple-ecos.jpg

This is an example of multiple ecosystems using mixed materials. No more than 5 minutes to put together.

Steve

war2 ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 11:41 AM

mm roberts render is a real masterpiece (and yeah the new v5I video promo is real good aswell)

mandimoore2002 ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 12:19 PM

Ohhhhh baby!! E-on has graduated to the big time with this thing. These guys are serious and the big boys had better watch their backs.

aeilkema ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 12:24 PM

"These guys are serious and the big boys had better watch their backs." Very doubtfull it will catch up with the big boys yet. Vue is very bad when it comes to modeling. That side of Vue still needs a lot of improvement.

Food for thought.....

hstewarth ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 12:54 PM

Excelient, I really hope my upgrade arives this weekend. I been waiting on this one! So many good images.. I hope it as easy as it looks...

MartinPh ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 1:05 PM

"E-on has graduated to the big time with this thing. These guys are serious and the big boys had better watch their backs." I don't think so. E-on has mainly shown to aim for spectacular crowdpleasing gimmicks rather than improvements to the core of their app. Sure, you can create thousands of trees - but they are still thousands of not particularly good-looking trees. Sure, you can create dazzling cityscapes - but they will still be sitting under skies full of unrealistically flat clouds. And while you can create billions of polygons in 30 seconds, you still have to deal with that clumsy material editor where it takes half an hour to get a simple texture mapped and sized correctly. Those are the things e-on really needs to take care of; if they do so in Vue 6 I'll find that much more interesting than Infinite, which basically boils down to the ecosystem.

war2 ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 1:08 PM

well aeilkema, vue isnt a modelling software and i pray to god it never will be, and the big boys studios use several applications and v5I do fit in very well with most production lines when talking about most web/media studios that use 3d and video applications which most do today. So i would have to say that v5I is very much a real proffesional application, as for modelling any serious studio or freelancer should use other applications like c4d/3dsmax/maya/xsi and or poser which is actually being used by more studios then one might think. Being able to model is just one part of the pipeline. Just my opinion of course :)

agiel ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 1:58 PM

It's good to see there is always source of improvement in software design. If they had worked on better modeling tools, there would be people to complain that they should create new features instead of re-creating yet another modeler. If they had worked on improving clouds and particle effects, there would still be people complain Vue is not a good modeler. And if both aspects were actually enhanced, there would still be people to complain about the pricing, marketing, color of the interface, and what else... Ecosystems are much more than just a gimmick to create forests. That will become appearant once people have a chance to really play with them.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 2:10 PM

I for 1 am totally enthused. I haven't given up on clouds or anything else. Who knows what will be in the store, after it opens. For all we know they could in the future add a puffy cloud module. If & when someone becomes a python master like Poser has Ockham....God only knows what will be achieved. Until then I'm happy with my alpha planes, since we can also use them as HDRI....

Antycon ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 4:08 PM

Totally amazing! The Phoul's video is totally crazy, I was unable to move at the end as I was under the shock! And then the picture of Robert with all its details, and this beauty! I'm really impatient to get Infinite! I will watch the video again and again till I receive my product (it is hopefully on its way;) )!

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 5:32 PM

I have gone thru gallery & visited E-On MANY times today gaping in awe of these images....And I still am :D I'm covering my keyboard in saran wrap as the drool keeps coming LOL

ShadowWind ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 6:40 PM

What is the memory requirement for EcoSystem. Would seem like a lot for 2 billion polys? Very cool demonstrations...

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 7:15 PM ยท edited Mon, 14 March 2005 at 7:15 PM

Attached Link: http://www.e-onsoftware.com/Products/vue5infinite/?Page=15

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/Products/vue5infinite/?Page=15

Hope this helps :)

Message edited on: 03/14/2005 19:15

wabe ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2005 at 1:04 AM

For those who wanted to know - 2200 Vicky 3's with dynamic hair. 1.7 billion polygons. Rendered in 'Final: 1.45 hours. System. Mac G4, 768 MHz, 1 GB Ram. Not bad, not bad!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.