Sat, Sep 21, 12:01 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 11:15 am)

Subject: Okay - Zygote

Vially ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2001 at 12:25 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:53 AM

Greetings, I am new to the forum & new to 3D modeling. I keep seeing textures and charactures "Based" on Zygote's Victoria, Vicky, Michael etc.. Okay, so where are these models? I've searched the site and can't even find a link to them. Surely someone out there knows how to get them. Thanks Vially

arabinowitz ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2001 at 12:37 PM

Formally, they are called Zygote's Millenium Woman and Zygotes Millenium Man. You can find them at Zygotes website under poser new releases or characters and people.

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2001 at 12:38 PM

Attached Link: http://www.zygote.com

Here's an easier way to find it

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2001 at 12:41 PM

They are at DAZ 3D the Poser sub division of Zygote. philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2001 at 12:43 PM

Oh yeah, the DAZ thing. Phil, have you updated to the new Vickie yet? Any comments? We're trying to figure out (below some) just what was changed with the update. I emailed Zygote/DAZ, but haven't heard back yet. Cheers, Mike

Vially ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2001 at 12:48 PM

First off, thank you for the responses. Second off... Whoa! 60.00 is kinda steep right now. heck I still have the receipt for Poser waiting to be entered into the checkbook. Maybe when I figure out what to do with this new toy :D Thanks Again Vially

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2001 at 1:14 PM

Vially, from what I've seen Michael and Victoria are the "only" Must Have items for Poser that don't come bundled. But they do seem a bit steep in price, I'll admit (I only have Victoria myself so far!). However, if you check Zygote's other (non-Poser) models, and those of other model-making companies, $60 isn't all THAT bad (I've seen static figures for around $700, and ones with "bones" for posing at over $1K...).

Chcicken_Soup ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2001 at 1:37 PM

Yeah but you must not forget that if you get let's say Vicky, you must also (well you don't HAVE to but...) get Her hair, texture, and clothes pack...(unless you're planing to only make nude, bald, textureless pics.) this whole purchase comes to about 150-200 bucks... so that's quite pricy if you ask me...

jschoen ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2001 at 1:58 PM

It's still not to pricy compared to several of the other 3D models at other sites. Viewpoint sells a simple hard hat for $90. I know that $200.00 is a lot to some people, but really, compare that to other model prices around and it's cheap. If you're begining with Poser, the standard models are fine. There are lots of free morphs and items for them. When you decide you want more detail and find that the standard models aren't enough, save up some money and get the Victoria and Michael models. They aren't nessassery to enjoy Poser. But they are nice to have. James

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2001 at 2:10 PM

Soup, actually, it was the hair that convinced me to get Victoria - then I had to get HER to go with it... :-)

jmwiit ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2001 at 2:15 PM

And if price is an object, there are some fine textures and characters in the Poser Free Stuff part of Renderosity-- and at many of the contributors's sites, too. So you can download lots of things for the figures included the Poser 4 package, and see how they work. You can make some good images just with these. Then when the checkbook has recovered sometime later, you can add Zygotes figures and the clothes that go with them. - JimW

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2001 at 2:50 PM

I just want to say that I personally can't stand her hair, neither the "flip" or the ponytail, and I've morphed it to GREAT extent to try to get rid of that look. But, it's quite difficult, even when I use Rhino for it, I have a real hard time straightening the Flip hair out. I like a little diversity, and Zygote didn't include a "straight" morph for the hair. As for the ponytail, I opened it once, and that was it---end of story. If they were anything oyther than downloadable models, I'd have returned them both ASAP. The P4 hair that you get around here for free is FAR better and can be made to fit Vickie just fine, and is far easier to morph as well. And Digital Babes' FREE hair simply blows away Zygote's hair, IMHO. The point being, DON'T BELIEVE that you NEED the hair! OR the textures, for that matter. Just buy Vickie, and forget about the textures and the hair--- like I said, the free stuff around here will get you by just fine. You really ought to get Catherina's eye texture pack though, for sure. JUst my opinion---don't anyone get upset, please. All this is a matter of personal preference. Cheers, Mike

black-canary ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2001 at 3:25 PM

I like the gel hair a lot but I can't say I'm crazy about the other hairstyles...I use kozaburo's and other free hair most of the time, or just paint it in post. As for textures, there are a ton of free ones now and the renderosity store is chock-full of reasonably priced ones--ByteMe0k's Rayme texture is my personal favorite. And Wynter has posted a great free dress for vicky if you want to wait on buying clothing. If you don't want to shell out for extra models and you just started with poser, there are a gazillion nice modifications of the default poser people that you can get started with. And if you want to see unreasonably expensive models, have a look at http://www.hunyes.com/ --that's biomechanix's site--they made the robot models for poser--I cannot BELIEVE those prices! Daz's models are actually very reasonable. Mary

Mehndi ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2001 at 3:28 PM

No need to resize the Poser 4 library hair to fit Vicki and Mike, Zygote already did it for free. If this link somehow does not work, go to the site and search for "hair" and it will be the last link offered up (at least for me it is). Also in their free downloads they have offered free updates to all of Vicki's and Mikes hairstyles as well that resize them to fit Posette and Dork. Don't reinvent the wheel :) For Poser 4 Library Hair: http://store.zygote.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ZP1&Product_Code=ps_ac078 For Vicki and Mike hair converted to Posette and Dork: http://store.zygote.com/poserfree/ The latter does require purchase of the hair however. If good hair intrigues one though, do run over to Kozaburo's site and have yourself a good old time, since his is better than Zygote's in most ways, and is free. Sometimes one has to sort of fiddle around with the Japanese artists files since they wake up begging for textures named in Japanese. So just hit the cancel button and tell it to not hunt the textures, let it slowly open on up without them, then reapply the textures by hand with their English names.

praxis22 ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2001 at 3:34 PM

Attached Link: http://www.hunyes.com/pages/shineHi.html

Hi, You're not kidding about expensive! Click the link, look at the pictures, then ask yourself if she's worth $795, that's the cost of poser4, Mike & Vicky with hair and clothes plus change. Zygote are *very* reasonable, and I'm very happy with my purchases, now if I could only find the zip with Mike on it I'd be happy :) later jb

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2001 at 3:39 PM

"Don't reinvent the wheel" But I ENJOY re-inventing the wheel, Mehndi! But, I guess struggling with magnets and point by point morphing in other apps is not exactly for the newbie. As for the clothes, well, let's just say that unless you want a more or less unaltered Vickie, you will almost have to learn how to make morph targets. I'm still struggling with that damn dress for her. It would be simply awesome if someone were to rework the clothes where body part morph targets could be transferred to the corresponding character body part. Then some CM could be attached to THAT! I actually tried loading an identical Vickie on to another, figuring I could match them up perfectly, since they were the SAME character, and then hide parts of the one, and texture what remained with clothing texturees, and then morph those parts into folds and other clothes-type things, but for reasons which I cannot figure out, they will NOT stay together. I gave up on that idea though... maybe I should try it some more. But that would create enormous file sizes for something like, say, a dress. Hmmmmmm...

black-canary ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2001 at 3:48 PM

Mike, grab wynter's dress from the freestuff. That thing is super-easy to fit to a bunch of morphs--and it's pretty. I have it fitted to handspan's "romantic vicky" with just some scaling on the collars and chest. The "period dress" from zygote is also by wynter and is also pretty easy to fit to different vickies. I am working on morphs for the t-shirt and zygote dress but they are tough! And I have another project to do first. Mary

wyrwulf ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2001 at 9:11 PM

Praxis22 is refering to the models at the link posted as compared to Zygote/DAZ3D. If you want to see how well off us Poser users are, just look at Zygote's custom 3D models page. They are selling what looks like the same models we get, but static, for many times more than what a Poser ready model costs.

michalki ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2001 at 9:45 PM

praxis22: I sincerely apologize & deleted my defensive (though sane) comment about the pricing of Zygote & Curious Labs products. I misread your comment & thought that what you were saying was that although you were happy with your purchases, you had paid a total of $795, but overlooked the "plus change." I am truly sorry about that. I've got a hair trigger response when threads on this Forum begin leaning over to the alleged high price of Poser stuff. Of the many interests I've had in my life, this recent one with Poser is one of the most economical, considering the many hours of creative pleasure the application & models have provided. Every time I see (or in this case, imagine seeing) a comment about Poser or Poser figures being expensive, I think back to those days when I pursued Leicas & Rolliflexes & a single lens could cost far more than Poser, Vicky & Michael combined (& that was 30 years ago!). Maybe if I came to this Forum earlier in the day when my head was clear I'd be able to read properly. Wyrwulf: thanks for pointing out my mistake & yes, the static figure prices are hard to figure, aren't they?

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2001 at 9:59 PM

Wyrwulf, I think those are NURBS models they're selling. Not sure what that means for Poser, but I'm pretty sure it translates into far better joints and much lower polygon counts for other apps such as 3DS Max and possibly Lightwave.

MikeJ ( ) posted Thu, 18 January 2001 at 2:33 AM

Mary, Thanks for the tip on the dress by Wynter---it's pretty nice, really. I'm thinking about finally doing a picture where Vickie actually wears something, LOL! Dress morphs? Tough? Surely ye jest! FUCKIN AI!!!

chaosphaere ( ) posted Thu, 18 January 2001 at 2:39 AM

Michael is great. I haven't gotten Vickie yet. My big complaint is the lack of clothes for Mikey, and lack of freestuff - lots of freestuff for Vickie but not much interesting freestuff for Mikey. I would like to have some morphs that could make Michael have a slimmer, more elvish type of build, or a harder, squarer build, instead of the buffed-out beach dude that he is.

praxis22 ( ) posted Thu, 18 January 2001 at 5:36 AM

michalki: You appologise for what exactly? :) I'm in the UK, and went home unusually early (11:30pm :) So I didn't get to see the offending message, only wyrwulf's reply, and that confused me a little untill I read your apology... :) To me it's all "water off a ducks back" anyway, no hard feelings, whatever it was you said in the first place :) Though while I'm here, a quick plug for renderotica.com, they're having cash worries at the moment, so if anyone has some spare cash, would they mind reading Jack's article on the front page and giving what they can. cheers jb

black-canary ( ) posted Thu, 18 January 2001 at 5:46 AM

The high-end zygote models are only static to us poser people...in 3d max you can do a lot more with a model than in poser. However things like a chair for $40 is interesting...maybe that's why they spun off the poser division, so they don't get fragged for their prices on non-poser stuff. That super-expensive nurbs woman sure is beautiful, though, ain't she? Chaossphaere, hang in there--Vicki came out a long time before mikey, and when I first bought here there wasn't even a single free texture for her, and her only available clothing was her bikini! But now there's a ton of stuff. So I'm sure mikey will be getting more attention as the days go by. If there's a particular build you want though, and you're willing to pay for it ($20 or so), you should put in a request to HandspanStudios because she does killer body morphs. Have a look at her online store if you don't believe me--she even made the dork look good! Mary

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.