Fri, Sep 20, 4:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Ten free shaders from TOXE using DCG Shader Ops

TOXE ( ) posted Fri, 01 April 2005 at 8:02 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:36 AM

file_212594.jpg

Hi Friends! I've created one hour ago, just for fun ten shaders using Shader Ops from DCG. Some are really nice and useful in my opinion. BTW, i want to share it with you, let me know what do you think. The folder with the shader is in the next message, change the name to .zip then load it into Carrara. -TOXE

TOXE ( ) posted Fri, 01 April 2005 at 8:03 AM

file_212596.jpg

The folder...

TOXE ( ) posted Fri, 01 April 2005 at 8:10 AM

Ah, ehm, if someone want to know, the creature of the image is created in wings, the other cellular-like objects are primitive spheres deformed with Anything Grooves. -TOXE

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Fri, 01 April 2005 at 8:17 AM

Thanks man! I will try them out and tear them apart. I still have to get my head round some of those shader functions and I think this is a great help. By just sticking to Fake Fresnel I probably miss out on some great possibilities.

steama ( ) posted Fri, 01 April 2005 at 11:48 AM

TOXE, Thanks very much! You are the ultimate in coolness. Steama

noviski ( ) posted Fri, 01 April 2005 at 1:44 PM

Thanks, TOXE! The toon shader is my favorite. And the smoke too, great to use with particle systems. Muito Obrigado! ;-)

TOXE ( ) posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 2:37 AM

Smoke!! I haven't tried it with particles, it's really cool!! Especially if you use sphere shape. Thanks noviski!! -TOXE

steama ( ) posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 3:16 AM

How would one go about using these shaders with a particle system please? I tried to add a shader in the texture room to a particle system and I didn't get anything but a bunch of little balls. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, steama

noviski ( ) posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 11:23 AM

file_212598.jpg

No, TOXE! Thanks you, man! The cool thing about these shaders is you can use in particles system, steama, with less and larger spheres. Add some blur filter and its done. In the "Iglus Inferno" (what a name!) I use the default smoke emitter and change to:

Maximum: 1000 particles;
Frequency 1000 +- 2000;
Lifetime: 3,00 +- 2,00
Velocity: 2,00 +- 1,00
Size: 0,30 +- 0,00

Use the TOXEs smoke shader and good steam. ;-)

chuckerii ( ) posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 6:44 PM

Does it require having Shader Ops to make these shaders work? They are not working very well for me. :-( Chuck

noviski ( ) posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 6:54 PM

It does, Chuck. Without Shader Ops they didnt work. Thats because the "Fake Fresnel" operator. Sorry. :-(

steama ( ) posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 10:35 PM

Thanks for the tip novski

TOXE ( ) posted Sun, 03 April 2005 at 4:44 AM

Good tip noviski!! The smoke looks really cool!! It would be nice to have much volume and light interaction... I have another little idea, i will try it;-) -TOXE

bwtr ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 3:04 AM

Having read all the above and fiddled in Carrara to try and make some sence of it I am, LOST! From the beginning of this thread I havent a clue on how to use these Toxe shaders. HELP!

bwtr

TOXE ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 3:17 AM

Hi bwtr, wich is the problem exactly? Have you shader ops installed?? -TOXE

bwtr ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 6:16 PM

Yes I do have shader ops Toxe but, from that point I need to be led by the hand every inch of the way.--every milimeter! Shader ops and your amazing shaders are I suggest areas in which many Carrara users havent a clue on using effectively. Good tutorials are urgently needed. I am in awe of all you clever people. Brian

bwtr

bwtr ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 8:30 PM

Well probably some are dumber than others but, after using C2, 3 and now 4pro, I have just discovered the "apply to children" button. And when things still would not work I changed background colour. OK I'me a bit closer to grasping things--I only need them spelt out 2 millimmeters at a time-but perhaps it highlights that many of us are at a very low point in the learning curve and really do need things spelt out. Brian

bwtr

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.