Thu, Sep 19, 6:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: Pre-ordered Poser 6 too? Please read!

aeilkema ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 12:13 PM

Raises two hands.... in despair :-) Please don't make me pay $1000, please don't turn me into an art snob.... I've seen at the Vue forum what it does to people when they become one, it's nasty.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

yp6 ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 12:19 PM · edited Mon, 04 April 2005 at 12:21 PM

I'm sure CL wouldn't mind if someone wanted to send them an extra thousand bucks for their software, or better yet, I'll be happy to sell you my copy for a thousand if it'll make you feel like you're getting a better product. ;)

Message edited on: 04/04/2005 12:21

Penguinisto ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 12:40 PM

GWeb sez: "Yeah they would love to feed it to the predators. Poser does have value and I want it to be kept in good market place for serious artists/animators. That is why I said I would send an email to CL and ask to roll the price up if they can." ROTFLMAO! Please post this to CG Talk... please?

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 1:03 PM

Maybe CL's just realizing that poser's not worth as much. We bought it with dreams of what it might be, they sold it expecting it to be wonderful, but now that it's had some real-world "testing," they're learning otherwise. Considering that there are an enormous number of hardware and software configurations available, and also considering that beta testing is usually done by a limited number of people, it's probably impossible to detect ALL bugs in a software product before it is released. That goes for any software product, not just CL in particular. In a community where the negative comments usually far outweigh the positive ones, we are seeing the reverse in relation to Poser 6. As far as I'm concerned, the signal-to-noise ratio is nowhere near the volume it was after the release of P5. I see more positive than negative comments. I'd say P6 is doing real well so far, considering that the folks in the Poser community are quite a talkative lot. 8-) CL has been very responsive to the bad reports thus far. They are working on solutions as quickly as they can.

steama ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 1:14 PM

The deal is gone now anyway...

Francemi ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 1:15 PM

I preordered Poser 6 ONLY because I've been told by Curious Lab that the price would not be the same or lower after the pre-ordering period was over. If I had known they were going to sell it for $30US less a few weeks later, I would have waited because I am not rich, I shop at WalMart regularly and BTW I am just fed-up with GWeb's nasty comments all over the place here. GWeb, who do you think you are anyway? How can you lower yourself so much as to visit us, the lower people, here at Renderosity? Shame on you! The least you could do is have a conference call every day with all the top notch professional artists in the world if you are so rich. And instead of asking CL to up the price of Poser so Poser will have a reputation of a great professional program, why don't you buy a real great professional program elsewhere and stop bothering us lower artists who happen to like "playing" with Poser? I think, like a few others who posted here, that CL should refund that $30US to all those who pre-ordered... even those who bought the box version because if we could have bought the DL version for $99 and the box version for $129, I for one would have bought the DL version at the time. France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

philebus ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 1:23 PM

I wonder who GWeb is? No home Artist's Page info, no gallery...When someone talks like that I expect to see some 'serious' work behind them. GWeb, is there anywhere you do post work that we can learn something about you? There is nothing wrong with democratising creativity, there is no reason that I can see why such oportunities should be limited to those with a business income. Any art media has its bad examples but many more great artists have discovered their talents, be it in painting, film-making, or photography, by having orportunities that might once have been beyond their means. However, if you are willing to debate this cordially and rationally, then please, come back and support your case. I am always open to dabate.

clsteve ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 1:29 PM

file_213335.jpg

Well, I have to apologize, this was a huge mistake internally. This was supposed to be the STANDARD box. NOT the Special Edition. The Standard Box is a Red Box, Pic attached, that will be the only version available after the Special Edition is sold out. Which will happen very soon. It was not intended the SE be sold for $99. The Standard version does not include the add on pack or Shade 7 LE, and will be available $129. So in effect the few people that did order this got one heck of a deal. The special edition will never be available at that price, and will soon be unavailable all together. It was pulled from the site immediately when we realized the mistake. Steve Curious Labs

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 1:47 PM

That's what I thought. Steve, there were a lot of people that just could not believe our eyes, myself for one. It was so awful to see that $99 after we all paid $129 and up, it had to either be a mistake or a betrayal. Thanks for posting here and apologizing. And if you read the whole thread, we are offering to pay $1000 for Poser if you give us a new rigging system so all the character's shoulders/arms are more natural. Where do I send my check? ::::: Opera :::::

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 1:53 PM

Before I post this, I will say that Mr. Web has ticked me off several times. And...every once in a while he says something valuable. I am not sure what is your story GWeb. Sigh. Well...here goes.... Are any of you guys fans of Ayn Rand? She has a character in her novel The Fountainhead, a pseudo-architect who is the artistic equivelant of a bully. He is loud and obnoxious and crude and puts his fist through other people's work. The character's name? Gus Web. ::::: Opera :::::

Francemi ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 2:00 PM

Well, mistake is human so there is nothing more to say about this than "Good for those who were able to benefit from that mistake!" ;o) France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

steama ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 2:19 PM · edited Mon, 04 April 2005 at 2:20 PM

WRONG --- You can say something! It is your right and duty if you feel ripped off. If not? Then you are just fine. No worries.

Message edited on: 04/04/2005 14:20

geep ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 2:30 PM

So, is Curious Labs not allowed to make a mistake?

Let (s)he who has never made a mistake post the first negative comment.

Thank you clsteve for the clarification and the quick admission of the mistake that was made.

And to those who got a "smokin' deal" ..... CONGRATULATIONS !!!

Not everyone wins the lottery either, no?

JMVHO-ICBW.

cheers,
dr geep <------------ gets P6 todays and then he will disappear (maybe, ha ha) ;=]
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

tastiger ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 2:35 PM

Well I'm pretty p'd off with GWeb's comments now, - I thought he was banned at some stage?

I am on "Welfare" - my wife pissed off and left me with a few thousand dollars of debt and a couple of intellectually disabled children to care for - perhaps I should go out and get a job and leave them to care for themselves to make Mr. Web happy!

I don't seem to have a problem with my pants.

What is a Wal-Mart?

Yea - let's jack up the price of Poser so as what little enjoyment I do get in life these days is beyond my reach.

And like others above, I'm quite anxious to see all of Mr. web's amazing artwork, which it must be fantastic, from the way he talks.I notice he has only been a member since 7/10/2004 - maybe you have to have been around as long as me to have a gallery (02/16/1999 )

Is this the same person who was running down the render engine of P6 before it was even released or am I confusing him with someone else?

I can take quite a bit if it is in good humor - but some of this guy's comments are below the belt and have no place in the Poser forum.

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

SAMS3D ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 2:37 PM

I was suppose to get a credit of $30.00, but didn't, that does bother me a little, since it is in an email and they did not honor that. Sharen

Penguinisto ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 2:44 PM

"I have to apologize, this was a huge mistake internally. " No need to apologze to me... I got one hell of a deal out of it! :) /P

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 2:50 PM

WHOAAAAAAA! My Poser 6 JUST ARRIVED. Ups guy walkin away as we speak. Winter queen with bizarre sun tan on the box! See you guys next week. ::::: Opera ::::: P.S. Steve, I really meant that about the new rig.

Lawndart ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 3:07 PM

You people must please try to understand that GWeb is nothing but a troll. He has been trolling threads ever since he/she joined Rosity. I have been involved in threads where he was VERY vocal (like he ever isn't). I have asked over and over and over again to see some artwork. He always skates the subject by not responding to "that particular" part of the post. He is VERY good at flying just below the radar. The best thing we can do is not get upset (since that is the intended reaction) and take pity on his pour misguided soul. When people stop getting upset and just ignore him, he will go away out of bordom. I love the line from 5th Element "evil begets evil". The more people get pissed off and rant, the more fuel to his fire. As a matter of fact, he is probably reading this post right now and giggleing with some sort of weird satisfaction. Just my 2 cents...

geep ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 3:13 PM

Hi LDLD, <---- too lazy to spell the whole name out ;=] We just need to ... lower the radar ..... no? Now, we got 4 cents. cheers, dr geep ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 3:15 PM

file_213337.jpg

I believe it looks like this. cheers, dr geep ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Lawndart ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 3:17 PM

Lowering the radar would do it. Ban his A$$ with love and kindness. :) LOL

Lawndart ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 3:18 PM

BTW: I love your artwork. It has a look all it's own.

geep ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 3:20 PM

Thanks Joe .... re: the "ban" ... isn't that a roll-on deodo ........ nevermind. ;=[ ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

whbos ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 3:21 PM

What else is new? We got screwed again because of greed. I thought the Special Edition sale ended the day before the shipping date. Granted I got the $89 (plus shipping) "upgrade special," I missed out on the other specials others got for a lot less. I see I need to stop buying brokered products from people who seem to lack compassion for those who live on limited incomes and can't afford to pay for multi-thousand dollar programs. Maybe some of you need a wake-up call.

Poser 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Pro 2014, 11, 11 Pro

geep ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 3:23 PM

Sheesh ...
Some peeps would complain ifn they wuz gonna be hung with a brand new rope.
;=[

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 3:25 PM

re: " ... I missed out on the other specials others got for a lot less."

What "other specials" ?

;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

dlfurman ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 3:27 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=2190054

Hey operaguy, Maybe we should point Steve to these threads and they can print and post them up for Version 7. #1: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=2190054 #2: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=2144448 And per message #42, I'm putting in an early bid to have the Poser 7 folks names George and Jane.

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

garblesnix ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 3:33 PM

Crucify them, I say!! Give us Barrabas!! ...what? ...oh, to late again? Drat! To the Painter Forum then! Bring pitchforks, and burny-stick-things...I mean torches!!! Wait, Painter is a good program and no one is bitching... .....drat, again! To the Amorphium Forum, my brothers and sisters..... Aiiiiiiiieeeeee!!!!! (as we all fall into the "no new posts during this century" black hole) g'snix, looking to take down "the Man".....

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 4:03 PM

Dr. geep with all those arrows I think you have a flash animation plugged into the alternate diffuse node and a power point slide show into the bump map. they disallowed that kind of thing in Poser 6. ::::: Opera :::::

rowan_crisp ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 4:06 PM

GWeb, weren't you banned before for trolling and obnoxiousness? What I want to know is, why didn't it sink in?

SAMS3D ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 4:15 PM

I am not complaining when I made my comment, but to be honest, it does bother me that I was promised something and they did not deliver. Our customers expect that if we make a promise we follow through with it, so I should expect that from other vendors. Yes, the upgrade price was well worth it, but again, don't email me a promise if you are not going to follow through with it. I emailed CL with my concerns and it is in their hands now and I will patiently wait an answer. Sharen

yp6 ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 4:19 PM

< SARCASM > Yup, GWeb's almost as offensive as topless toddlers. Off with his head! < /SARCASM >

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 4:20 PM

dlfurman Yes we should and the thread you started is tne most intense one. Regardless of your actions, I am going to do so, and if you do too, that will increase the impact. Iming him. ::::: Opera :::::

rowan_crisp ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 4:21 PM

yp6, My topless toddler resents that.

aeilkema ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 4:27 PM

And per message #42, I'm putting in an early bid to have the Poser 7 folks names George and Jane. No you've got it al messed up now, isn't supposed to be Tarzan & Jane..... Unless you're reffering to George of the Jungle, but I till prefer Tarzan :-)

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....

wheatpenny ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 4:33 PM
Site Admin

He's referring to George and Jane Jetson, I think.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

steama ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 4:40 PM

One of the only things decent about this fourm are Gweb's comments. LOL. It's a riot! Don't be so serious. Heck, some of us just lost $50 bucks.

amberlover13 ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 5:46 PM

Please don't hurt me....I'm one of those that bought the special package for 99$ this morning. I was going to wait until all the bugs were worked out, but for the 99$ price, I just couldn't pass it up. If it makes you feel any better, I'm still trying to get a serial number for my Shade. Personally I think that those of you that pre-ordered should get at least something back....maybe a gift certificate for content paradise. Oh and Gweb....you are really showing your ignorance with all those comments you've been making. Folks like you can only feel good about your miserable self if you are cutting down other people....Seems to me that you are trying to overcompensate for some, erm, small body parts?

cooler ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 5:48 PM

file_213338.jpg

:-)

cooler ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 5:49 PM

file_213339.jpg

:-))

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 5:52 PM

FWIW...yp6 is suspected of being GWeb's sock puppet.

yp6 ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 5:56 PM

FWIW...yp6 is suspected of being GWeb's sock puppet. Nah, just a hater of censorship in all its ugly (and especially its stupid) forms.

aeilkema ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 5:57 PM

Please don't hurt me.... amberlover13, why should we, just be happy to be so very lucky! cooler, cool down please.....

Food for thought.....

geep ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 6:10 PM · edited Mon, 04 April 2005 at 6:13 PM

?

Ah yes, but is it BRAND new?

Edited to remove all violence, nudity, TOS violations, and TOP SECRET material.

;=]

Message edited on: 04/04/2005 18:13

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Rubbermatt ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 6:20 PM

The problem is cooler is that license is only valid in the US Any chance of an international license so I can ditch the nonlethal options?

Natolii ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 6:30 PM

Yanno what Yp6... There's a difference between censorship and inflammatory comments. Inflammatory comments have no place in a conversation and certainly are not welcomed. GWeb's falls under inflammatory. signed; Someone who shops Wal-mart and has 3 jobs ontop of being a single parent...

geep ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 6:38 PM

file_213340.jpg

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

amberlover13 ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 6:52 PM

aeilkema...glad you all aren't angry with me. LOL But I sure wouldn't want to be GWeb right about now, especially with that new hunting licence that just came out. I'm a single mom too, and Wal-Mart rules in my books....

Francemi ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 6:58 PM

Anyway guys, if GWeb is as smart as he thinks he is, he wouldn't show up here using the same username, now would he?

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

geep ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 7:06 PM

One never knows .......... stupidity is not illegal ! ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.