Thu, Oct 10, 4:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: Losing Y rotation

LonRanger ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 5:06 PM ยท edited Thu, 10 October 2024 at 4:21 PM

I am running into this in P4(PP) and P6. I am losing the Y rotation. When I choose a figure's body and attempt a Y rotation, instead it does the Z rotation -- and when I use the Z rotation, it is the Z rotation, and the X rotation is fine as well. I have noticed this with V3 in PP and when importing a PP project with V3 into P6. Anyone else running into this?

stewer ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 5:28 PM

Attached Link: http://www.anticz.com/eularqua.htm

Do you have a 90 or -90 degree rotation in X by any chance? If so, you've just discovered the gimbal lock, a nasty side effect of xyz-rotations. One thing you can do about it is open the joint editor and change the rotation order to something that suits your situation better.

LonRanger ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 5:41 PM

You're right. My figures are set at near 90 degree rotation in X (although not exactly 90). When I stand the figure up, the Y rotation is back. I did find a work around which is to stand the figure up before moving it to the new position, since this gives me the Y rotation back. Thanks for the help!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.