Fri, Sep 20, 5:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: April night shots

greybeard101 ( ) posted Sat, 09 April 2005 at 3:31 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 5:32 AM

file_216807.jpg

Taken April 8th 8:45pm. Trying to brighten up the image compared to the one I posted to my gallery last night to see how it turns out on my screen from this forum.

greybeard101 ( ) posted Sat, 09 April 2005 at 3:33 PM

file_216809.jpg

Still turns out darker with less detail in the shadows....Can I just invite everyone to my place and look at these on my screen here?..it would be a lot more rewarding... ;-)

Onslow ( ) posted Sat, 09 April 2005 at 3:42 PM

On my way - you get the food and drinks in. This looks great to me the light shining out just lighting the tracks and platform and a perfect sky too good choice of timing :)

And every one said, 'If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve,---
To the hills of the Chankly Bore!'
Far and few, far and few,ย Are the lands where the Jumblies live;
Their heads are green, and their hands are blue, And they went to sea in a Sieve.

Edward Lear
http://www.nonsenselit.org/Lear/ns/jumblies.html

cynlee ( ) posted Sat, 09 April 2005 at 3:48 PM ยท edited Sat, 09 April 2005 at 3:50 PM

what time will you be picking us all up? :D
caught this one in the gallery! i like it!

Message edited on: 04/09/2005 15:50

Zacko ( ) posted Sat, 09 April 2005 at 4:00 PM

Yep, that sure is a great entry my friend...gonna try to be less enthusiastic from now on....if only i knew how to spell that word, LOL.

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

greybeard101 ( ) posted Sat, 09 April 2005 at 4:16 PM

Well the enthusiasm is catching...this shot was one of 42 that I took within 30 minutes last night on our way home from the ferry...so don't you dare ease up..I was only kidding in that previous comment. Thanks for all your comments, everyone

cryptojoe ( ) posted Sat, 09 April 2005 at 4:19 PM

Is that a Train Depot?

I'd be glad to attend. Just like when the Democrats came knocking one day asking for my party affiliation, I told them: "The one with the open bar!"

I've got a half gallon of Rot-Gut Vodka and some Fruit Punch Mixer I can bring. Shall I bring the bowl? Do you have the ice?

Yank My Doodle, It's a Dandy!

greybeard101 ( ) posted Sat, 09 April 2005 at 5:21 PM

It was an old Train Depot...now a museum. The railway was moved a few feet to the right and no longer carries passenger trains...strictly freight and they thunder through this old historic town.....something I hope to capture at night also. I heard a horn last night and waited but must have been on the other side of the river. Canadian National runs along this south side ( this is an old CN Depot)...it's the Government affiliated line....and Canadian Pacific ( privateer) runs along the north side. CP was always considered the better of the two in passenger service. We came across Canada on the CP train "The Canadian" back in '59..took three days....a far cry from the train trips we took regularly in England. I ended up working for Canadian Pacific, but in the Airline division..my first full-time job. ..in an office...made my parents proud....me?..I would rather have been designing automobiles in Detroit. Ice can be arranged... Andreas said he would bring a truck load as he more than enough at home....... ;-)

cryptojoe ( ) posted Sat, 09 April 2005 at 6:10 PM ยท edited Sat, 09 April 2005 at 6:12 PM

Been a long time since I've been across the bridge, or tunnel for that matter. I suedused to work for a fellow from Windsor who had to return to Canada every so often (immigrations stuff you know?).

Such being the case (yep no doubt you've got the ice) how about tossing a case of Moose Head in the tub and I'll be right over.

Oh! What Province is that? and Nice Pic, I really love old train depots.

Message edited on: 04/09/2005 18:12

Yank My Doodle, It's a Dandy!

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Sat, 09 April 2005 at 7:15 PM

What a great night shot!! I just love that sky!!! There's such an inviting atmosphere here!!

Tedz ( ) posted Sat, 09 April 2005 at 8:46 PM

Yes...full of intrigue and crispness :]

greybeard101 ( ) posted Sat, 09 April 2005 at 9:20 PM

It's Fort Langley, British Columbia

DJB ( ) posted Sun, 10 April 2005 at 12:27 AM

file_216811.jpg

Where is that....Thinking I must go take some shots of it myself.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Zacko ( ) posted Sun, 10 April 2005 at 4:12 AM

Oooooh oooh...did someone want ICE??? Yep, me got plenty!!! We need lots and lots of vodka and beer though. Man, you got me all enthusiastic again, LOL. I know you were only kidding ;o)...or were you...hmmm...oooops, here i go again...go off topic all the time it seems...bla bla bla..to get back in the game i shall once again say that that right there is one helluva entry my friend!!! Me gonna collect some ice now...see ya....

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

greybeard101 ( ) posted Sun, 10 April 2005 at 5:10 AM

Doug:.....it's just a few yards off the main street that runs through Ft. Langley... just before you cross the RR tracks to pass the Fort Pub and head over the bridge to the ferry. Look for Wendel's Books and cafe on the corner and it's right there. I would love to see this area captured through your eyes.

tvernuccio ( ) posted Sun, 10 April 2005 at 11:54 AM

well, i just ADORE this scene, Peter!!!! I know everyone's monitor is different, but i thought the lighting on the one in your gallery was perfect!!! Certainly the change you've made here doesn't detract from the beauty a bit though! helluva a shot!!! did someone say PARTY???? count me in!!!!! Let's get up a volleyball net too and have some fun!!!!! :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.