Fri, Sep 20, 10:04 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: Possible Pro Pack bugs...

pinko6 ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2001 at 7:26 AM ยท edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 9:27 PM

Here are 2 problems that I have found in the last couple of days while using the Pro Pack. 1) The Walk Designer will no longer let me select a Figure. When I hit the Figure Type button the file filter will only allow *.CR files (it is supposed to be *.CR2). Even if you type in the proper file name, it refuses to load it. 2) When I host an animation with the P4 female in a bikini in 3DSMax, (version 3.1) the bikini bottom does not conform to the figure properly when the thighs move. It seems as if the bikini bottom wants to stay attached to a particular point on the thigh, instead of conforming to it. Even though the animation and figure appears fine in Poser, the "hosted" file in 3DSMax does not. The bikini top seems to be ok so far, but the bottoms seem to be the problem. I am not sure if these problems are bugs, or just me doing something wrong (which is highly probable ;) ). Other than that, I am very happy with the Pro Pack's enhancements and definitely feel that it was worth my money. If anyone has any information about these problems, I would greatly appreciate any responses. Thanks for your time!

ScottA ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2001 at 9:39 AM

I'm not sure about the MAX problem. The Figure Type button looks like is a definate bug. ScottA

Marie ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2001 at 2:02 PM

Something STINKS here! WHY would Curious Labs create a whole new format that excludes the easy use of P3 and P4, and even P4.3 custom figures??? Why do WE have to find the work around... and why didn't Steve answer the primary question of WHY the format is different? I would much rather have my Poser figures (regular and custom) take up space on my hard drive, and WORK PROPERLY and easily, than to have a whole new poser that is not backwards compatible! Why are we being forced to give up our creative sharing of custom figures and all the things that make Poser WORTH it, to use?? As far as I am concerned, I will sure HANG ON to BOTH my good old P3 and my separatly installed P4!!!!!!!! I am not technical minded, and I can not go through all those crazy things to try and get my "old" custom figures to work in this shoddy buggy Pro Pack!

clsteve ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2001 at 2:39 PM

Marie, There's no new file format but it is possible to compress runtime files to save disk space. The string in the open dialogue that's accessed from the walk designer is simply incorrect due to the routine being used. The options there should be: Character File{.CR2} Compressed Character File{.CRZ} Right now you only get Compressed Character File{*.CR We'll have it fixed soon and post a patch. I've asked QA to look into the conforming figure problem in max and post a reply as soon as we figure out what's going on if anything. Thanks ******************* Steve Yatson Poser Product Manager http://www.curiouslabs.com *******************

pinko6 ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2001 at 3:13 PM

Wow - Thanks so much for the response Steve. It is so great to see such quick support from you guys. If it would help to fix the problem with Max, I can E-mail you a copy of the Poser file I am using with the animation in question - just let me know where to send it and I will have it out to you ASAP. Thanks again!!

clsteve ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2001 at 4:07 PM

Pinko6, Thanks you can send files directly to me if you wish. steve@curiouslabs.com ******************* Steve Yatson Poser Product Manager http://www.curiouslabs.com *******************

Marie ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2001 at 11:19 PM

Thanks, but you didn't really reply to the issues I was asking about.. (I do not have Max, and am not concerned with using poser in Max or Lightwave). I AM CONCERNED about all that I am reading in this thread, about figures being opened IN Poser, after the Pro Pack is installed! You called it "conforming figures", but the issues also seem to concern MORPHS & OTHER CUSTOMIZING of clothing, etc. From what I am hearing in various threads here, and on other forums, is that people can't use the P3 and P4 Fun Stuff figures once pro pack has been installed!??! I saw the pictures of the figures with HOLES in them in the other thread... How could Curious Labs not be AWARE of how Pro Pack treats these figures?? And if they were aware, why offer it to us before it is fixed?? I'm sorry, but after reading about all the bugs, I am feeling like we are being taken advantage of AGAIN, because Curious Labs needs some "cash up front" to FINSIH the program being offered! (this has happend way too often with Bryce and Poser!!!!!!!!!) I guess the moral of the story is WAIT and watch....

Grammer ( ) posted Tue, 06 February 2001 at 4:33 AM

The situation is not this serious, with compressed files. Any Poser 4 user can open compressed PoserPro files by simply unstuffing them with a zip utility. Thats all Karl

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.